Official 2013 Festival Speculation

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 24, 2013, 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/

JJ, Paul, Father John, Tallest Man, Tame Impala, Grizzly Bear... not too shabby.  I'm still holding out for Forecastle, it is much closer to me and more affordable and I am at least getting Alabama Shakes and JJ.

Tallest Man and Father John would be great though...
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

oistheone

Roo's top two are just insane. Can't believe they were able to pull it off.

But what seals the deal for me is that JJ SuperJam with Zigaboo. Madness!!!

Fully

Trombone Shorty!!!! I'm definitely going back to the farm this year. Of course I probably was anyway!

EverythingChanges

I forgot Wilco was on here as well...

I love me some of that.

Fully

Here's a link to the Banbury fest that's the same weekend as Foreskin. It might give you some idea of who will show up in Louisville.

http://www.bunburyfestival.com/lineup-2013

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Fully on Feb 19, 2013, 03:15 PM
Here's a link to the Banbury fest that's the same weekend as Foreskin. It might give you some idea of who will show up in Louisville.

http://www.bunburyfestival.com/lineup-2013

As long as Fun doesn't show up, I'll be happy. Haha.

touchingmept2

Bonnaroo's lineup is killer. I wish I was going there instead of to freakin' disney world! :huh:
Wild Nothing, Local Natives, Portugal. The Man, ASAP Rocky, Beach House... The list goes on and on. Good grief.
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

EverythingChanges

I asked Forecastle whether we will know what night each band is playing when the lineup drops and they replied back with this:

"The daily schedule may not be completely ready by the time the line up drops but we will be getting it out as soon as possible. Plus, there will be some very special late night shows to tell you about too."

I don't remember a late night show besides the boat last year.  Does this mean that MMJ could show up?  Probably wishful thinking.

EverythingChanges

They just replied back with there will be other late night shows besides the boat, but that doesn't mean MMJ. 

I figured as much, but it was worth asking.  I was hoping for MMJ to do at least one festival gig this year, but it doesn't look like it will be happening.  After all, they have an album to record  :thumbsup:.

EverythingChanges

Murph

Jim has officially been added to the Firefly Festival in Deleware  :thumbsup:

Angelo

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Feb 20, 2013, 11:16 PM
Foxygen - "Shuggie" (Official Video)

These guys are gonna be at Louisville this year too.

And at Solid Sound. I had never heard of them before but I bought their latest after liking what I heard on SS's website. Their new album is great, I'm really looking forward to seeing them live this summer.

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: Angelo on Feb 21, 2013, 04:36 PM

And at Solid Sound. I had never heard of them before but I bought their latest after liking what I heard on SS's website. Their new album is great, I'm really looking forward to seeing them live this summer.

Where have you been Angelo?  Some of us have been talking about Foxygen since last year.  Definitely a great band.  Get their EP too, as that album has some great Stones / Doors-eque songs.

Northern Neighbour

Ottawa Bluesfest is starting to release some of the artists.  The Bluesfest is a 12-day festival, and this year will take place from July 4 to 15.  B.B. King has been announced as the closing act.  Alejandro Escovedo also expected to play on July 15.  Belle & Sebastian has been confirmed for July 6.  Awesome!

Angelo

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Feb 21, 2013, 05:24 PM
Quote from: Angelo on Feb 21, 2013, 04:36 PM

Where have you been Angelo?  Some of us have been talking about Foxygen since last year.  Definitely a great band.  Get their EP too, as that album has some great Stones / Doors-eque songs.

Better late than never! What all do they have available? An EP plus their latest? Or is there also another full length. Yeah, it's impossible to listen to without hearing some late 60s and 70s bands. I hear some Syd Barrett era Floyd in parts of their new record.

Fully

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Feb 21, 2013, 05:25 PM
Ottawa Bluesfest is starting to release some of the artists.  The Bluesfest is a 12-day festival, and this year will take place from July 4 to 15.  B.B. King has been announced as the closing act.  Alejandro Escovedo also expected to play on July 15.  Belle & Sebastian has been confirmed for July 6.  Awesome!
I like the way that Fest is run. Instead of packing everything into one weekend. While it's probably not practical for most fests, it's a better way to so it so that you don't get so many conflicts and can see more acts.

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: Fully on Feb 21, 2013, 08:17 PM
Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Feb 21, 2013, 05:25 PM
I like the way that Fest is run. Instead of packing everything into one weekend. While it's probably not practical for most fests, it's a better way to so it so that you don't get so many conflicts and can see more acts.

There are still 5 stages.  But you're right, there are fewer conflicts.  The festival runs from 6 to 11 on weekdays and then noon to 11 on weekends.  As such, people can still go to work and then head to the shows. 

And it's pretty affordable.  I think the early bird pass was $250 last year for the entire 12 days, and this price was good for the first four days following the initial announcement of performers.  After the four days, the cost increased to $375.

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: Angelo on Feb 21, 2013, 07:40 PM
Better late than never! What all do they have available? An EP plus their latest? Or is there also another full length. Yeah, it's impossible to listen to without hearing some late 60s and 70s bands. I hear some Syd Barrett era Floyd in parts of their new record.

They have an EP they released last year called, "Take the Kids Off Broadway", and the LP.  That's it.  "Make it Known" is an awesome track, and one of my favourites from last year.

EverythingChanges

The Avett Brothers are coming to Forecastle!

Northern Neighbour

The Ottawa Jazzfest has started to leak out names.  So far, the lineup is superb:

Aretha Franklin
Willie Nelson
Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis
David Byrne and St. Vincent
Dr. John and the Nite Trippers
The Heavy