Official 2013 Festival Speculation

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 24, 2013, 11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

http://lineup.forecastlefest.com/?sort=day

Saturday's lineup for Forecastle is... Awesome.

Jim
Kurt Vile
Foxygen
Black Keys
Alabama Shakes
Flaming Lips
Matt & Kim
Shovel and Rope
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

EverythingChanges

Quote from: MrWhippy on Apr 02, 2013, 05:01 AM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Apr 01, 2013, 06:24 PM
Not the greatest lineup Lolla has had.  There are too many Mumford style bands for my liking!

Yeah, and Yac had to list The Lumineers twice just to rub it in.   :grin:

Lol, nice catch, and nice addition Yac!

dmooney99

Made In America Festival, tempting to go to this

LBSUNFLWR

I'm just sorry to say but that Forecastle line-up just doesn't have me excited. Last year I was thrilled, was easy to spend the money knowing I had MMJ one night and Wilco the other night. Plus Deer Tick, Lucero, Ben Sollee and on and on, many other bands I saw.

But I'm not into the Black Keys or the Flaming Lips. I don't even really care about String Cheese. My bf likes them a lot, and I saw them at Radio City a few years ago b/c I got free tickets and it was a great fun show. But now I'm looking at $160-$180 to see a short set by JJ, Dawes, Kurt Vile and The Avett Brothers. That's pretty much all that I'd really make sure I saw at Forecastle. There's 5-6 other bands I'd definitely go watch and enjoy but ...I don't know. I'm just disappointed after last year being so great!!!

I'm considering not going, which is crazy since I live 5 minutes from the waterfront where the festival is. Just seems like a lot of money all of the sudden when last year it didn't....

EverythingChanges

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 11, 2013, 10:04 PM
I'm just sorry to say but that Forecastle line-up just doesn't have me excited. Last year I was thrilled, was easy to spend the money knowing I had MMJ one night and Wilco the other night. Plus Deer Tick, Lucero, Ben Sollee and on and on, many other bands I saw.

But I'm not into the Black Keys or the Flaming Lips. I don't even really care about String Cheese. My bf likes them a lot, and I saw them at Radio City a few years ago b/c I got free tickets and it was a great fun show. But now I'm looking at $160-$180 to see a short set by JJ, Dawes, Kurt Vile and The Avett Brothers. That's pretty much all that I'd really make sure I saw at Forecastle. There's 5-6 other bands I'd definitely go watch and enjoy but ...I don't know. I'm just disappointed after last year being so great!!!

I'm considering not going, which is crazy since I live 5 minutes from the waterfront where the festival is. Just seems like a lot of money all of the sudden when last year it didn't....

Just get a one day pass.  All of the bands that I care to see all play on Saturday anyways.  That is the only reason that the lineup seems killer to me.  I spend $60 and I get to see Jim, Kurt Vile, Foxygen, Alabama Shakes, and the Black Keys (who aren't my favorite, but are fun nonetheless).  Flaming Lips isn't really my cup of tea (I think Wayne is pretentious), but either way, Do You Realize live would be cool to see.  All of that fun packed into one day for $60? I'm in!

LBSUNFLWR

problem with that is that Dawes and The Avett Brothers both play on Sunday. That's 2 bands I've been listening to for a few years and never seen live and would like to. And that Forecastle Incident seems promising and that's on Sunday as well. So if I did the one day thing I'd probably go for Sunday. But then I'd miss JJ, and I'm already missing his show here next week b/c I'm seeing Widespread Panic that night. And then it'd be silly to buy for Saturday and Sunday and not just do the whole weekend!!

I'm just venting! I'm sure I'll end up buying tickets for the whole weekend and hopefully discovering some new bands I like, like I did last year with Houndmouth and Futurebirds.

thanks for listening.  :cool:

johnnYYac

I have to say, if I lived close to Forecastle, I'd go regardless of lineup, like I did going for early bird tix for Solid Sound and Newport.  Living in NH, these fests and damn near every show includes hotel and, often, airfare or a hella drive.  I'm not saying your reasons for not going are invalid.  I just can't imagine not finding a way.   
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 12, 2013, 06:49 PM
I have to say, if I lived close to Forecastle, I'd go regardless of lineup, like I did going for early bird tix for Solid Sound and Newport.  Living in NH, these fests and damn near every show includes hotel and, often, airfare or a hella drive.  I'm not saying your reasons for not going are invalid.  I just can't imagine not finding a way.   

Exactly. Living in louisville, I go every year regardless. The line up this year is shit compared to last year, but for 125$ I stoked.

Plus, sunflower, if you haven't seen flaming lips than you had better go Saturday. I'm not completely enthrall end by ANY act on the line up... but The Avetts,  Flips, Jim, SCIx2 is worth 125$ to me alone, and there's more than that to look forward to for a fun weekend.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

And I forgot to mention the Shakes and Sharon Jones. Well worth the ticket price, IMO.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 12, 2013, 08:48 AM
problem with that is that Dawes and The Avett Brothers both play on Sunday. That's 2 bands I've been listening to for a few years and never seen live and would like to. And that Forecastle Incident seems promising and that's on Sunday as well. So if I did the one day thing I'd probably go for Sunday. But then I'd miss JJ, and I'm already missing his show here next week b/c I'm seeing Widespread Panic that night. And then it'd be silly to buy for Saturday and Sunday and not just do the whole weekend!!

I'm just venting! I'm sure I'll end up buying tickets for the whole weekend and hopefully discovering some new bands I like, like I did last year with Houndmouth and Futurebirds.

thanks for listening.  :cool:

Dawes is Saturday actually

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 12, 2013, 07:56 PM
And I forgot to mention the Shakes and Sharon Jones. Well worth the ticket price, IMO.

Kurt Vile is sick too, and don't forget Foxygen.  They look like loads of fun. 

LBSUNFLWR

Thanks guys, I'm sure I'll be there.
Just going to a lot of shows this month and traveling this month and next month to Nashville for shows, so needless to say have spent and will be spending a lot. Think I'll just a wait a little longer and hope to get Forecastle before they go up to $180.

APR

Outside Lands Fest announcement is coming Tues the 16th.  Rumors of McCartney and Chili Peppers as headliners.

Penny Lane

This Muddy Roots Labor Day fest looks really cool although I don't get why Black Flag is headlining (punkabilly?) Joe Fletcher, Holly Golightly, Shooter Jennings and Otis Gibbs..Fully?

http://www.muddyrootsmusic.com/festival.html
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

I've thought about going. It isn't expensive and Cookeville is about 2 1/2. Hours away. However Labor Day weekend in a cow field might be really miserable. Bugs and heat much worse than Bonnaroo. I'll wait and see. I'm hoping Joe Fletcher will play in Nashville around that same time since he's in the area and we know how much he likes Nashville.maybe a gig at the 5 Spot... With Brown Bird. I do really like them.

zanjam

Quote from: APR on Apr 14, 2013, 07:22 PM
Outside Lands Fest announcement is coming Tues the 16th.  Rumors of McCartney and Chili Peppers as headliners.
:thumbsup:
anything + reverb always = better

dmooney99

last year's line-up looked better to me

EverythingChanges

Quote from: dmooney99 on Apr 16, 2013, 07:38 PM
last year's line-up looked better to me

Not a great lineup.  I honestly don't care to see Paul, and he is easily the best headliner.

Tallest Man and Kurt Vile are cool though!

EverythingChanges

Waddy Peytona

I saw Wild Feathers open for Dylan last night. They are reminiscent of some of the so-called "Southern rock" bands of the 70's, with a wall of guitar sound. They definitely won over the crowd and got everybody pumped up with their energetic set. Worth a listen, even if you initially think it might not be your thing.