Jim at the Grammys?

Started by yakeroo, Jan 26, 2013, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakeroo

I was wondering if anyone knows the meaning behind these videos? Will Jim be performing at the Grammys?

Jim James #TheWorldIsListening [Drums]
Jim James #TheWorldIsListening [Rain]
Jim James #TheWorldIsListening [Piano]

YimYodd

I read somewhere that Jim is performing at some sort of pre-Grammy tribute to Springsteen, I believe on Feb 8th in LA. :drum:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

ericm

I don't know for sure, but I think there's a pretty good chance since he's one of the performers at the Grammy MusiCares gala in LA two days before.

http://www.grammy.org/musicares-person-of-the-year
"Where's Jim going?"

bluesky

SaraBananaBear

At a quick glance I thought those were three new music videos...  :cry: oh the sadness... (but also joy, Grammy stuff yay!) :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

robb

that middle video makes me thing jim spends a lot of time completely spaced out just fucking around with his omnichord.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

subinai

Quote from: robb on Jan 26, 2013, 05:28 PM
that middle video makes me thing jim spends a lot of time completely spaced out just fucking around with his omnichord.

i think he is spaced out a lot

ms. yvon

where are these ads running?
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

Dillsnufus

<<<<well those commercials gave me a new avatar
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Brittney

JJ is one of the Round 1 curators for http://www.grammyamplifier.com, a site/contest giving  artists the opportunity to upload a track for preview and, in turn, have their tracks recommended by the curators to their respective social media followers.

Jackets N Pones

Will Jim be a part of this Levon tribute?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

subinai

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Feb 10, 2013, 10:33 PM

dont think so unfortunately. i think its only nominees. pretty lame.

BigHerm

Anyone spotted Jim in the crowd?

subinai

brittany howard killed it though

TheThird

Quote from: subinai on Feb 10, 2013, 11:02 PM
brittany howard killed it though

She was easily one of the highlights. Every time I hear I get more and more blown away.
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

johnnYYac

REALLY don't want to start a Grammy thread just for this, so...

from The Onion

Mumford And Sons Take Home Coveted 'Vest Of The Year' Grammy

News in Brief• Entertainment• ISSUE 49•07• Feb 11, 2013

LOS ANGELES—After weeks of speculation within the music industry, English folk-rock group Mumford and Sons took home the big prize at Sunday's 55th Annual Grammy Awards by winning the highly coveted Vest of the Year trophy. "Wow, I don't even know where to begin," said lead singer Marcus Mumford, after his slim-cut russet waistcoat secured the band its third win on a night in which the quartet also collected statuettes for Watch Chain of the Year and Best New Straw Hat. "We never could have imagined it. I mean, just to have our vest nominated alongside all these other amazing vests—it's really a dream come true." Following Mumford and Sons' victory in the vest category, the band narrowly missed sweeping the Grammys' four major apparel awards after losing out to indie pop trio fun. for its upbeat, critically acclaimed suspenders.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

smhoffmann02

Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

GO4IT

Quote from: subinai on Feb 10, 2013, 10:41 PM
Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Feb 10, 2013, 10:33 PM

dont think so unfortunately. i think its only nominees. pretty lame.

I was so hoping to see Jim pop up at the Levon tribute given all the collaborations with Levon and the Band, too numerous to mention.  With all due respect to the musicians assembled, he would have blown all of these posers away in this role, excepting Brittany, of course.