LOVE.....GOOD GOD!!!

Started by sweatboard, Jan 29, 2013, 02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

They kinda remind me of another band I got turned onto the other weekend....The Animals...

It's just endless...thank god!!!

Animals Please Don't let me be Misunderstood.
There's Still Time.........

ManNamedTruth

Glad I brought that up in the message I sent, cause I knew you'd freak over how good it was. Back when we were doing the forum album club I picked this in one of the later rounds, but by then it seemed like interest in it was waining. But I've tried to be diligent on it and mention in topics here and there.

Arthur Lee and Love - Forever Changes Concert (Alone Again Or & A House is Not a Motel)
Arthur Lee Love Maybe The People Would Be The Times Or Between Clark and Hilldale
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

ManNamedTruth

Big fan of The Animals too, Eric Burden - what a voice!

ManNamedTruth

here's the thread i started for forum album club
http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php/topic,16276.25.html
there was how many of us doing forum album club at first, and only a few people dropped in for this.
i recently watched an interview with Arthur Lee where he stated at the time he was writing this, a lot of his friends were dying and getting bad into drugs, and he thought he was gonna die soon too and this was his last statement he wanted to make. There's some strange and dark lyrics here, but all expressed in a beautiful way.

Penny Lane

Yes, i used to listen to a lot of this...long live AL
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

alienlanes

The first four LOVE albums are all great - Love, De Capo, Forever Changes and Four Sail. The last one is much more heavy and "acid rock" than the others, but was still fantastic.

FC is obviously the big one - as important as Pet Sounds or the Pretty Things' SF Sorrow as far as classic albums. I think it is considered way more important in the UK than it is in the USA though...

Never got to see LOVE live in person, but the Forever Changes DVD is a nice watch.

RIP Arthur Lee.