Bottle Rock Napa Valley

Started by pawpaw, Feb 01, 2013, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

Anyhone heard about this? Supposedly the "full" lineup is going to be released today. The official website sucks, but here is what seems to be a pretty updated lineup:

http://citysound.bohemian.com/2013/01/30/bottle-rock-napa-lineup-black-keys-alabama-shakes-flaming-lips-ben-harper-shins-bad-religion-many-more/#.UQn67NBPG48.twitter

If single day tickets become available, I might go check it out.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

oistheone

This seems like a really cool idea. I like that this idea was hatched not by a major corporation but by two locals. A five-day festival in such a beautiful, serene location has potential to be amazing.

It is an interesting choice to limit the acts to "rock" -- no rap, no world music, no EDM. Could this potentially damage their ticket sales? Because they are asking for quite a lot. We'll see if those big names at the top can draw the masses. I'll be keepin' an eye on this for sure!

vespachick

Zanjam alerted us this fest. It does look awfully great except for the fact that it's not a single site venue.  That sort of kills it for me. Plus the fact that it is tres $$$ for a first time fest run by first time fest organizers. 

Still: NAPA!

Are you thinking of going Bbill?
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

pawpaw

Quote from: vespachick on Feb 01, 2013, 03:03 PMAre you thinking of going Bbill?

I won't go unless single day tickets become available, and then, it'd just be for one of the days. It's just nice to have a pretty solid festival so close to home, and for that fact alone, I'd like to attend and encourage them to keep it going after this year.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

zanjam

Vespa, I think by now you know it is all in one place, right?  Napa Valley Expo.

Super spendy, yes.  But I do think they will release single day tickets.  I have a friend who is doing the ticketing and he said there is no plan to sell singles yet, but they will have to come April if they haven't sold enough 3 and 4 day passes.  He personally thought that they would have to sell singles eventually.

I preemptively made hotel reservations for Thurs/Fri nights.  Not going to go Sat/Sun.  Gotta regroup for JJ at the Fillmore!

I will let you guys know if I get any scoop on the singles.
anything + reverb always = better

jaye

Quote from: zanjam on Feb 08, 2013, 04:44 PM

I will let you guys know if I get any scoop on the singles.

I hope so - I'm hoping to go on Friday the 10th!

zanjam

Just got an update that it is looking very likely that they will sell single days eventually.  Very happy about that!!  I guess there weren't as many people as they thought who want to dump $300 or $400 on a weekend pass.
anything + reverb always = better