Forum Members rate MMJ Albums - 2013

Started by e_wind, Feb 05, 2013, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Copied from Ruckus' 2011 thread....

"And time to give this a go again.  It's always awesome when vxga can jump in to crunch the numbers too.  :dankk2: ;D

Simply put, you can assign each album any numerical value (higher being better) so long as the total of points given to all 6 full length studio albums total up to 30.  You can use half points.  I know last time we did this, the rankings skewed towards earlier stuff.  I hope those that are fans of the recent stuff speak up!   (so I can tell you how wrong you are)"

So, now that people are starting to get ROLSOG in their hands, lets do it again.

ISM - 6.5
AD - 6
TTF - 5
Z - 4.5
ROLSOG - 4
EU - 3
C - 1

People should add as they go, it'll make it easier.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

robb

TTF - 5
AD - 7
ISM - 6
Z - 6
EU - 2
C - 1
ROLSOG - 3

Total:
TTF - 10
AD - 13
ISM - 12.5
Z - 10.5
EU - 5
C - 2
ROLSOG - 7
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

BigHerm

TTF - 7
AD - 6
ISM - 5.5
Z - 4
ROLSOG- 3.5
EU - 3
C - 1

Total:

TTF - 17
AD - 19
ISM - 18
Z - 14.5
EU - 8
C - 3
ROLSOG - 10.5

EverythingChanges

TTF - 3.5
AD - 5
ISM - 6.5
Z - 6
EU - 4.5
C - 1.5
ROLSOG - 3

Total
TTF - 20.5
AD - 24
ISM - 24.5
Z - 20.5
EU - 12.5
C - 4.5
ROLSOG - 13.5
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Crispy

I don't mean to be an asshole(!), but if you're going to include solo efforts in this tally, what about All Birds Say? How about Tribute To? I love Regions of Light and Sound of God, but it's not an MMJ record.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 05, 2013, 06:03 PM
I don't mean to be an asshole(!), but if you're going to include solo efforts in this tally, what about All Birds Say? How about Tribute To? I love Regions of Light and Sound of God, but it's not an MMJ record.

I was kind of wondering this as well.

SauceGod

TTF – 5
AD - 5
ISM - 6
Z - 7
ROLSOG- 4
EU - 2
C – 1

Total

TTF - 25.5
AD - 29
ISM - 30.5
Z - 27.5
EU - 14.5
C - 5.5
ROLSOG - 17.5

e_wind

You're a total asshole, crispy...

I should've named this... "Tell me how you think Rolsog stacks up against MMJ records..." Cause that's really what I want to know.

Crispy

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 05, 2013, 09:39 PM

I should've named this... "Tell me how you think Rolsog stacks up against MMJ records..." Cause that's really what I want to know.

Ha! Glad you got my drift.  :beer:

Now then, how come you're leaving the A out of ROLASOG?  :rolleyes:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

Its only a handful of people so far that have given scores, but Im honestly surprised everyone has ROLASOG over EU and Circuital (except 1 person with EU). Now I dont love either of those albums, theyre easily my least favorite MMJ's albums, but Im just not really feeling JJ's record (and Ive had it for like a month or so). I like State of the Art, Actress, and New Life, the rest I find pretty forgettable or dont even like.

Surprised by all the love so far here and in the album thread, although based on facebook I know many are in my boat as well.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

EverythingChanges

I think Evil Urges outshines Regions.  There is more meat to the songs on EU.  Not to mention Smokin', Touch Pt 1, Touch Pt. 2, Thank You Too!, I'm Amazed, and Evil Urges are amazing tracks. 

Maybe I am biased because EU got me started on the band, but damn it is a great album and I think Smokin' is one of their best songs.  Some people overlook it, but that is because they play it at almost every show, so it doesn't seem as special as a rarer tune.

The lyrics on Smokin':

Who then was your savior?
Who then was your friend?
Who is now committed to the present?
Is it someone that exists?

What is life in God?
A perfect vision of the self?
I always thought we was a-dealing with one thing
Now we are dealing with something else, oh

Who makes my decisions?
Who reads all your thoughts?
What makes us how we are?
Faith can't prove what science won't resolve

Kumbaya my Lord
C'mon, row your boat ashore
The river's long, it is cold
It chills the body but not the soul, oh

God damn!

logan5ive

TTF – 5
AD - 5
ISM - 6
Z - 7
ROLSOG- 1.5
EU - 2.5
C – 3

Total

TTF - 30.5
AD - 34
ISM - 36.5
Z - 34.5
EU - 17
C - 8.5
ROLSOG - 19
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

brizzy

ISM - 6
C - 5
EU - 4
Z - 4
AD - 4
TTF - 3
ROLSOG - 4

Total

TTF - 33.5
AD - 38
ISM - 42.5
Z - 38.5
EU - 21
C - 13.5
ROLSOG - 23

To be honest, i absolutely love every album they have put out, and havent stopped listening to ROLSOG since i got it. but It Still Moves is definitely my favorite, and im going to stick up for Circuital because i dont see what everyones criticism of the record is, it's a beautiful album

Tracy 2112

Quote from: brizzy on Feb 05, 2013, 11:46 PM
ISM - 6
C - 5
EU - 4
Z - 4
AD - 4
TTF - 3
ROLSOG - 4

Total

TTF - 33.5
AD - 38
ISM - 42.5
Z - 38.5
EU - 21
C - 13.5
ROLSOG - 23

To be honest, i absolutely love every album they have put out, and havent stopped listening to ROLSOG since i got it. but It Still Moves is definitely my favorite, and im going to stick up for Circuital because i dont see what everyones criticism of the record is, it's a beautiful album

I can see where Circuital is way better than that crappy crap assed At Dawn
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Tracy 2112

I don't mean to be an asshole(!),

Why does this guy start off 40% of his posts like this?
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 06, 2013, 12:24 AM
I don't mean to be an asshole(!),

Why does this guy start off 40% of his posts like this?

Because he's an asshole, duh tracy
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

The DARK

TTF- 4.5
AD- 4
ISM- 5.5
Z- 6.5
EU- 2
C- 3.5
ROLSOG- 4

TTF - 38
AD - 42
ISM - 48
Z - 45
EU - 23
C - 17
ROLSOG - 27

I really think Circuital is getting a bit screwed here. I still come back to it a ton more than I do Evil Urges, and I still really enjoy that record as well.
In another time, in another place, in another face

robb

I think, for me anyway, circuital has the biggest gap between how it sounds on record vs how it sounds live. I rarely spin that particular album, but do truly enjoy everything from it in a live setting.

just my .02
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Come Closer

TTF- 4
AD- 5
ISM- 6
Z- 5
EU- 3
C- 3
ROLSOG- 4

TTF - 42
AD - 47
ISM - 54
Z - 50
EU - 26
C - 20
ROLSOG - 31

e_wind

Quote from: capt. scotty on Feb 05, 2013, 10:27 PM

Its only a handful of people so far that have given scores, but Im honestly surprised everyone has ROLASOG over EU and Circuital (except 1 person with EU). Now I dont love either of those albums, theyre easily my least favorite MMJ's albums, but Im just not really feeling JJ's record (and Ive had it for like a month or so). I like State of the Art, Actress, and New Life, the rest I find pretty forgettable or dont even like.

Surprised by all the love so far here and in the album thread, although based on facebook I know many are in my boat as well.

Maybe it's because I was one of the lucky few who has seen the album live already, or maybe its themes just resonate with me at this point in my life, but I am truly obsessed with it. Far more obsessed than I was with Circuital or EU. I considered putting it above Z, too. I can't even say why, but I've been listening to it 2 or 3 times a day since that show on Friday, and before that I was listening to it quite often, too.