Can you convert me?

Started by Paulie_Walnuts, Feb 06, 2013, 09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

I'm a huge WSP fan btw....live in the classic city is essential listening...kinda dropped off after Don't Tell the Band but still love em live
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Tracy 2112

maybe my favorite Stones song. The 1:48 mark is one of my favorite pieces of recorded music of all time ever

The Rolling Stones- Monkey Man (Vinyl)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Angelo

Getting back to the topic at hand, I've always loved "I'm So Tired" off The White Album. It's a deep cut but an absolutely beautiful song. If I knew how to add YT videos here I would, but alas, I've no clue. Let me give it a shot anyway:

The Beatles - I'm So Tired

Angelo

Shit, it worked! Really, you can't go wrong with the entire White Album, it's sort of like 4 solo albums spread across two discs but it's somehow coherent in my opinion.

Angelo

One more thing I want to add. As far as Dylan goes, all you really need to do is watch the Scorsese doc "No Direction Home" to gain a real appreciation for the man. It's by far my favorite rock doc. It's not career spanning, it covers up until 68-69 I think but this is a good thing. If he tried to cover Dylan's entire career it'd be 10 discs. I'm too young to understand the real impact Dylan had over his generation but this doc comes as close as I'll ever get. It truly is amazing and I can't recommend it enough to someone with even a slight interest in Dylan or just music in general. I was always a fan of Dylan but after watching this it grew into a bit of an obsession.

capt. scotty

Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 07, 2013, 06:21 PM
I think I'd need to be fall over drunk to enjoy a WSP show, and I'm a Jimmy Herring fan.

One a related note, I used to love Phish back in the mid '90 to early 2000s, but I saw Trey Anastasio in concert a few weeks back in Toronto and felt absolutely nothing, and he was on; so was his band. I knew that even my like of Phish had left me around 5 or more years ago, but I never thought I'd feel nothing. It wouldn't bother me if I never heard Phish again. I've also never been a fan of Phishheads, so being around so many again made me dislike them even more. That being said, I readily endorse another Oyserhead album and tour.

I saw Trey in 2006 or so and yeah, it pretty much did nothing for me. Best part was the covers - Will It Go Round In Circles, Dig A Pony, Sledgehammer, maybe 1 more. I did enjoy when I saw his tour around 2001, but that was also when Phish was arguably my favorite band. I wont ever go to a Trey show again. I dont listen to Phish near as much as I used to, but the last couple years theyve really turned it back on based on what Ive seen and heard. Theyre playing light years better than the early 2000's. I dont think seeing Trey and seeing Phish is comparable honestly. I think Im past the time of seeing them 10+ times in a calendar year, but my best friends still tour with them that much if not more so Im sure Ill see a handful this year. I still really enjoyed the couple shows I saw last year from them, although its very rare I ever play them on the ol' ipod.

I saw WSP 10 years ago. It was a fun show, but there's a tons of other bands Id rather see, jam band and otherwise. Perfectly fine with never seeing them again.

And I 2nd the endorsement for another Oysterhead album  :thumbsup:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons