Main Menu

Dead Confederate

Started by admin, Dec 20, 2007, 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hodgeswm

I think many of you out there have heard this album, I recently wrote a review of it and it finally went up on the site today, enjoy!:

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/15280/Dead-Confederate-Wrecking-Ball
10.8.05-4.21.06-6.16.06-11.13.06-6.13.08-8.15.08-12.31.08-4.24.10-10.31.10-6.10.11-6.22.11

bold99

QuoteI think many of you out there have heard this album, I recently wrote a review of it and it finally went up on the site today, enjoy!:

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/15280/Dead-Confederate-Wrecking-Ball
excellent review!  This album is in my top 5 for the year.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Ruckus

Oh what has happened here where new Dead Confederate isn't even whispered about.  I've given In the Marrow three solid listens and me thinks it's great!  The allmusic review was spot on in saying they just don't give a damn about commercial viability and there seems to be  lot here that I'm peeling away.

All reviewers should just call them Southern psychedelic grunge from now on. ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Fully

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 29, 2013, 10:59 AM
Oh what has happened here where new Dead Confederate isn't even whispered about.  I've given In the Marrow three solid listens and me thinks it's great!  The allmusic review was spot on in saying they just don't give a damn about commercial viability and there seems to be  lot here that I'm peeling away.

Now I'm going to listen to it. I had no idea it was out, but if you are waxing on about it so, it  must be good stuff.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on Apr 29, 2013, 11:12 AM

Now I'm going to listen to it. I had no idea it was out, but if you are waxing on about it so, it  must be good stuff.

Also, T Hardy Morris (Hardy) has been playing festivals will probably continue to tour. Not sure how this will affect DC..I heard that they're pretty good (Patterson Hood was raving about them).
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

manonthemoon

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 29, 2013, 11:35 AM
Quote from: Fully on Apr 29, 2013, 11:12 AM

Also, T Hardy Morris (Hardy) has been playing festivals will probably continue to tour. Not sure how this will affect DC..I heard that they're pretty good (Patterson Hood was raving about them).

Saw these guys with about 15 or 20 other people at the Red Palace in DC a few years back.  They were totally not into it as the crowd wasn't either so it was basically like a practice session for the band.  That said I loved their first ep that's why we went to the show.  Will have to check out there new stuff.
Alive or Just Breathing