Lazy Sunday (Louisville Band)

Started by EverythingChanges, Feb 24, 2013, 07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

ha. this was at my work, while I was bartending. I've seen them quite a few times, and have known some of em since highschool. they are great, especially for their age. i think the article means that theyre the next big RnR act from louisville, not necessarily sound like MMJ.

the first time I hung out with the front man of the band was at MMJ Red Rocks 2011, actually.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 25, 2013, 06:12 PM
ha. this was at my work, while I was bartending. I've seen them quite a few times, and have known some of em since highschool. they are great, especially for their age. i think the article means that theyre the next big RnR act from louisville, not necessarily sound like MMJ.

the first time I hung out with the front man of the band was at MMJ Red Rocks 2011, actually.

You work at Mellow Mushrooms!?  That place is the shit.  We have one close to me and I have been to one in Gulf Shores, AL before. 

Yeah I figured that is what the article meant after listening to their music.  It is hard to get into them though, since I can't buy their music on iTunes or Amazon.  Seems like a band that I should keep my eye on though.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

robb

i really dug the music in the song that the article had, but i cannot get into the vocals at all.  i think you can definitely hear a little jacket influence in there.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: robb on Feb 25, 2013, 09:13 PM
i really dug the music in the song that the article had, but i cannot get into the vocals at all.  i think you can definitely hear a little jacket influence in there.

The singer's voice needs some work for sure, and I typically do not care how a vocalist sounds.  Other than that, I like what I hear.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

lazysunday502

Murph

Quote from: lazysunday502 on Aug 20, 2014, 01:16 PM
Lazy Sunday - One Wet Sock

Link to a new Lazy Sunday song.  :drum:

Listening to this album on Spotify now and I am fully loving what I hear. Is there any touring on the horizon??

johnnYYac

I don't think it would be an unfair comparison to The McLovins on many levels. Really enjoying it!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

lazysunday502

Quote from: Murph on Aug 20, 2014, 05:30 PM
Quote from: lazysunday502 on Aug 20, 2014, 01:16 PM
Lazy Sunday - One Wet Sock

Link to a new Lazy Sunday song.  :drum:

Listening to this album on Spotify now and I am fully loving what I hear. Is there any touring on the horizon??

Bowling Green, KY tonight an d Lexington, KY tomorrow. We are trying to get recognized by someone so we can do big tours! :)