New Interview with Jim

Started by mal350, Mar 18, 2013, 09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal350

Love what he had to say about recording analog v. digital...

http://youtu.be/RTfToZNB2DU

EverythingChanges

Coolest guy ever.  He has a great outlook on everything.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

BH

That was great.    That's the most relaxed I've ever seen him in an interview.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

Quote from: BH on Mar 18, 2013, 05:42 PM

I agree...but why was he yelling at us through that entire thing?  The teleportation edit was nice....whoever did that.  I think he was trying to speak over some music that we couldn't hear after the second question.

Also, I hadn't ever imagined what it would be like to see Jim and Dave Grolshe fight until now..Inevitably they would both end up listening to records and making out on Dave's Persian living room floor rug.   
There's Still Time.........

Fully

Quote from: sweatboard on Mar 19, 2013, 01:34 AM
Quote from: BH on Mar 18, 2013, 05:42 PM

I agree...but why was he yelling at us through that entire thing?  The teleportation edit was nice....whoever did that. 

Also, I hadn't ever imagined what it would be like to see Jim and Dave Grolshe fight until now..Inevitably they would both end up listening to records and making out on Dave's Persian living room floor rug.

A) yelling? I dint hear no yelling

B) Thanks, I needed a new file for my spank bank.

Jon T.

Great interview! Good points on it, too. I love seeing him kind of calling out Dave Grohl.  That guy just rubs me the wrong way.  I always think about that interview at the Grammy's or whatever award show it was where Dave just kind of butts in and douches the interview up like only he can do.  Jim is just kind of standing there awkwardly waiting for the interview to end.

Penny Lane

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Mar 18, 2013, 11:34 AM

Indeed.  :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

thanks for posting, sweat!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ChiefOKONO

thanks, that was a cool little interview.  hope to see more like this!

APR

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Mar 18, 2013, 11:34 AM

Well said and so true.  I love the advice when he basically said to do what makes you happy.  A lot less cursing compared to reading his interviews in print (i.e. Rolling Stone).