Main Menu

BOMBINO

Started by wolof7, Apr 07, 2013, 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

Nomad

Nuff said.

This is definitely my favorite discovery this yr. The guitar playing is incredible. African music with American blues peppered into each song. Trance-inducing music sung in the singer's native Nigerian language. Produced by Dan Auerbach (who is becoming quite the producer as of late (see: Dr. John, Hacienda)).

Now where's the BOMBINO love?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

EasyRyder

Heard Bombino in a local coffee shop a couple weeks ago and it stopped me in my tracks. The album is moving it's way up through my top 5 this year.

The story/production is cool enough as is, but the music sweet gawd. Trance-inducing is definitely the right description.

His album, Agadez (2011) is definitely worth a listen too. Noticeably less bluesy, but arguably more entrancing...  :thumbsup:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

EverythingChanges

Bombino is coming to Forecastle this year along with JJ and Kurt Vile. 
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

alienlanes

We had Bombino play at a the yearly festival I work for, Supercrawl (www.supercrawl.ca) , and his set was magnificent last September. I haven't picked up Nomad yet, but I did get the Record Store Day 10" and it is pretty great.

oistheone

Lovin' Bombino lately! I started to get really into him a month or so ago and began searching for a date where I could catch him this summer. I saw he was playing in my city, but I am away at Bonnaroo when he's here! Luckily, he's playing Bonnaroo too.  :grin: Didn't even notice him on the initial lineup. Now he's one of my most anticipated acts!

Nomad is great, but I came across this tune on YouTube and fell in love with it. He seems to have a lot of songs called "Tenere" or something to do with "Tenere" but I cannot seem to find this particular stripped-down version anywhere else. Just love that groove. He's a hell of a guitarist.

BOMBINO - TENERE

he.who.forgets

Thanks for this...loving it!