College Football 2013

Started by Tracy 2112, Apr 15, 2013, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Tracy 2112

Crispy

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 08, 2013, 01:53 PM
CBS Sports bowl predictions for 2013 season

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

PLEASE let's revisit these at the end of the season to see how ridiculously wrong they are! I don't have a problem with this type of pretty-much meaningless prediction, but I think the preseason Top 25 rankings are the bane of the college football "championship".

Hey now, I can't wait to see my team take on Northwestern in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Mahgeetah34

For the last year of the BCS, the champion from the SEC should get an automatic bid to the national title game. OR just crown the SEC champion as national champion and use the BCS title game to determine 3rd and 4th best  :cool:

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Crispy on May 08, 2013, 02:11 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 08, 2013, 01:53 PM
CBS Sports bowl predictions for 2013 season

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

PLEASE let's revisit these at the end of the season to see how ridiculously wrong they are! I don't have a problem with this type of pretty-much meaningless prediction, but I think the preseason Top 25 rankings are the bane of the college football "championship".

Hey now, I can't wait to see my team take on Northwestern in the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl!

I'm with you Crispy!  Just shows that some people in the world of sports media have entirely too much time on their hands to be coming up with a list of bowl projections already?! 

Another thing I love is seeing that they are already releasing mock NFL drafts for 2014?!?!  I mean, can we at least finish the regular season first so we at least know for sure what the draft order will be before we start releasing mock drafts?   :rolleyes:

Crispy

HA! A mock 2014 NFL draft is like a super-stupid mashup of combined NFL standings/college player performance predictions! These people need side jobs as well as more people besides Gregg Easterbrook calling them out on their bullshit.

Mahgeetah34, that's a good funny, except, as Tracy will surely agree, it's an entirely accurate prediction.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Tracy 2112

I'm just ready for football

Mahgeetah34

The worst part is when basketball season ends and there's a dead period of no basketball or football and ESPN is filled with baseball and soccer highlights. :undecided:

Angelo

Agreed, preseason ranking do more harm than good. In fact, I don't think they do any good.

I can't wait to see how Bill O'Brien develops the young stable of QBs on the roster. Hopefully he can coach them up and lead them to a bowl ga...uhh I'll just root for an 8 win season I guess.  :cry:

Tracy 2112

pre-season poll. The question, who plays for the National Title in Atlanta on December 7th?

1.Alabama (58)
2.Ohio St. (3)
3.Oregon
4.Stanford
5.Georgia
6.Texas A&M (1)
7.South Carolina
8.Clemson
9.Louisville
10.Florida
11.Notre Dame
12.Florida St.
13.LSU
14.Oklahoma St.
15.Texas
16.Oklahoma
17.Michigan
18.Nebraska
19.Boise St.
20.TCU
21.UCLA
22.Northwestern
23.Wisconsin
24.USC
25.Oregon St.

iLikeBeer

Obviously, as a Michigan fan I'm a bit biased in my opinion on all things OSU, but I feel they are one of the most overrated teams in the pre-season poll.  Sure, they're coming off of an undefeated season, but who the hell did they play?  Hell, they couldn't even play in a bowl game vs. a highly ranked opponent to somewhat validate their undefeated season?!  ND was exposed by Alabama in the NC game and that landed them outside of the top 10 in the pre-season poll.  Don't kid yourself if you don't think Alabama would not have had a similar result had they played OSU instead of ND...

I just have the feeling that OSU is going to find it real difficult to run the table again this season despite the fact that their schedule is about as easy as you could find (save for Louisville's schedule).  They have a lot of talent on their roster, no doubt.  But one thing a lot of people are overlooking is that OSU lost a TON of leadership and that leadership was a big key in driving OSU to an undefeated season.  Where is that leadership going to come from this year?  Senior running back Carlos Hyde already suspended for 3 games?   :grin:  How about their cornerback and senior (former) captain Bradley Roby who was arrested the same weekend Hyde got in trouble for hitting a young woman and has since had charges brought up against him?   :grin:  Who doesn't want that kind of leadership on your football team right?   :thumbsup:

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Aug 03, 2013, 10:35 AM
pre-season poll. The question, who plays for the National Title in Atlanta on December 7th?

Clever Tracy, verrrrrrrry clever...  :beer:

Ruckus

South Carolina 23 - Stanford 17
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jackets N Pones

Missing some Garrett Gilbert highlights but still pretty awesome...

College Football Pump-Up 2013-14 (1080p HD)
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

BH

How'd you like that game to start out your Rebel's season Tracy?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: BH on Aug 30, 2013, 12:50 PM
How'd you like that game to start out your Rebel's season Tracy?

Great, hard hitting, high scoring game. One of the more memorable bourbon showers in the Ole Miss section when Jeff Scott broke off for 75.

Here's Channing Ward knocking out Brian Kimbrow

Ole Miss - Ward Big Hit vs Vanderbilt

And Jeff Scott going all the way

Ole Miss - Jeff Scott 75 Yd Run vs Vanderbilt

ItBeats4Jew

no YouTubes of Jordan Matthews barfing on the field? 
what Madonna said really helped

Tracy 2112

Ruckus

That game was something else!  I guess you were in the all red section Tracy?  Quite a turnout for the Ole Miss fans.  Your freshman DB outplayed Nkemdiche or however you spell it.

Let's all enjoy the farce that is NCAA football this year.  I was laughing at the outrage over JF's "suspension".  For the casual fan it's important to distinguish the economics of football vs. basketball.  The NCAA generates all it's operating revenue through the basketball tournament contract.  They've almost become superfluous in football where ESPN and the power conferences have all the leverage with regional cable and ABC/ESPN duopoly.  The Big Ten and SEC and Pac 10 could just create their 20 team super conferences already, dump the NCAA as a governing body and become the professional league proper that they already are in football.  You think the NCAA had a say in JF's punishment?  Under the guise of still disciplining, they just did what the SEC and ESPN told them to do.  Farce farce farce.  Pay them already!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tired Eyes

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 30, 2013, 07:16 PM
Let's all enjoy the farce that is NCAA football this year.  I was laughing at the outrage over JF's "suspension".  For the casual fan it's important to distinguish the economics of football vs. basketball.  The NCAA generates all it's operating revenue through the basketball tournament contract.  They've almost become superfluous in football where ESPN and the power conferences have all the leverage with regional cable and ABC/ESPN duopoly.  The Big Ten and SEC and Pac 10 could just create their 20 team super conferences already, dump the NCAA as a governing body and become the professional league proper that they already are in football.  You think the NCAA had a say in JF's punishment?  Under the guise of still disciplining, they just did what the SEC and ESPN told them to do.  Farce farce farce.  Pay them already!

If that's true then why did Ohio State receive a much harsher punishment?  How about Dez Bryant?  It's clear that Johnny Manziel followed the Cam Newton blueprint...do everything in cash and leave no paper trail and the NCAA can't prove anything.
As for paying the football & basketball players...that would be illegal.  You can't pay some college athletes for playing but not others.  And the schools are not about to start paying athletes in sports that generate little to no revenue.