College Football 2013

Started by Tracy 2112, Apr 15, 2013, 01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahgeetah34

Auburn messed up by not giving the Iron Bowl a 7pm kickoff time. A night game in Jordan Hare would make it much more difficult on Alabama considering Auburn's momentum and what's at stake here. Oh look, it's early afternoon, how intimidating. I hope for an upset here, but I'll take the Crimson Tide by 13 :embarrassed:

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Nov 24, 2013, 09:31 PM
Auburn messed up by not giving the Iron Bowl a 7pm kickoff time. A night game in Jordan Hare would make it much more difficult on Alabama considering Auburn's momentum and what's at stake here. Oh look, it's early afternoon, how intimidating. I hope for an upset here, but I'll take the Crimson Tide by 13 :embarrassed:

Auburn didn't screw that up...CBS calls the shots.
what Madonna said really helped

BH

CBS didn't want to interfere with the #1 SEC game of the day in prime time......MU vs TA&M :smiley:
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Mahgeetah34

So the networks (ABC,ESPN,CBS) all decide which time they want to air the games aka the kickoff time also? How exactly does that work? This still works better for alabama because even though rivarlies and big games are tough anyways, a nighttime environment in Jordan Hare would be far far more difficult.

Also, I dont feel AJ deserves heisman. Sure he wins alot, but his teams are/were loaded with an insane amount of talent. What he does stats wise is good, but not anything crazy. With that said, Free Jameis!!!

ItBeats4Jew

I went to the Stanford/Washington game earlier this year and the game time was listed as TBD.  Then about 2 weeks out they finally announced the game time as 7 pm PST.  Turns out ESPN wanted that game as their late game since UW had only 1 loss at the time and Stanford was undefeated.  Since it was a late affair, I had to miss a show at the Sweetwater that I wanted to go to, but it was a sick fuckin game. 
what Madonna said really helped

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Mahgeetah34

YES YES YESSSSS :grin: :grin: :thumbsup:!!!! Well what do you know, I got my wish. The entire second half was a night game. Daytime Bama scores 21on Auburn. At night, only 7!!!! What a lovely night this is!!!!

br00ke

you guys ?  :cheesy: :cheesy: what a game!!!!! we fought for every yard and played a damn fine game. we deserved to win and i'm continually tired of everyone saying (since the GA game) that we are just lucky. that poor Bama kicker having a bad night and having a short kick was luck, but there's a 4 full quarters of well-played football in front of that. also, the fact that Bama didn't score in their first or second possession (i need to find a breakdown of the entire game) was pretty major to me. at the end of the game, i couldn't even begin to think about what us winning means for the rest of the season, i was too focused on the fact that someone took Bama down and it was us. War Eagle !!!!

so for this weekend's game, i have a big problem. my bossman's 50th birthday fancy dinner party is saturday night at 7pm; the game starts at 4pm. ugh! what am i gonna do?! i thought about backing out of going, but i don't think i can do that.

sooooo, thoughts on BCS title game?

br00ke

p.s. if you haven't seen the last play with audio from the radio call, watch it! it might even make you teary-eyed. video is at the bottom of this page.

and for further iron bowl entertainment, here is a video montage of auburn fans reacting to that play.   it's hilarious

br00ke

this article is conjuring up memories of 2004. i'm gonna go ahead and duck the rocks that will be thrown my way  :grin:

TheBigChicken

congrats to Auburn but you stillhave to play Missouri right ?? Dont start polishing the crown just yet...Also, I dont think FSU will be quite the pushover you think they will be. Georgia had a really crappy team this year and you guys needed a last second MIRACLE to win.. I would like to see a SEC team win it all again but I'm just not as confident in the Wah-Eagles as you are... :beer:good luck
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

BH

Fear the Mizzou D Line Brooke.   Fear it.    Hopefully one of us gets a shot at FSU.   :beer:   Go Spartans.  (Sorry Christine)

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

BH

Also fear drunk Mizzou fan:

Beginning of night:

End of Game:

Almost Morning:

davymac

I hate to say it but I think if Ohio State has a good game against Michigan State, there will be no SEC team in the National Championship game.

Penny Lane

Quote from: BH on Dec 03, 2013, 03:25 PM
Fear the Mizzou D Line Brooke.   Fear it.    Hopefully one of us gets a shot at FSU.   :beer:   Go Spartans.  (Sorry Christine)

no problem...i remember a few years ago when MSU ruined our perfect season...very nervous
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

br00ke

Quote from: davymac on Dec 03, 2013, 07:24 PM
I hate to say it but I think if Ohio State has a good game against Michigan State, there will be no SEC team in the National Championship game.

Absolutely. I think I was still just a little hopped up from the game on Monday morning  :grin: i'm beyond thrilled with our season as they have met & far exceeded my expectations (I mean, just look at last year .. night & day). I'm hoping for a great game on Saturday that will hopefully send us to the Sugar Bowl at the very least. If that's the case, I'll still be in Alabama for the holidays and I'll get to watch the game with my people ... I have to watch most games up here by myself, which sucks.

So this Saturday I have two big games .. Auburn/Mizzou and OSU/MSU. Of course I have a dinner party for my bossman's 50th smack dab in the middle of these games, ugh!!! I'm gonna try to find a bar right by the restaurant so I can watch as much as I can before the dinner. I'll probably be out of pocket 7pm - 10/11pm .. missing the end of Auburn and most of OSU.

Crispy

Woohoo, BH, AWESOME! There could be a bit of that in Stillwater this Saturday if things go right...except it's going to be FREEZING, and game starts at 11 AM, for fuck's sake.

And brooke, I'm glad to hear you're excited for Bedlam too! But we're playing OU, not MSU.  :wink:

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

That Auburn-Bama game was unreal. I was pissed that I had to work, and I missed most of the first half, but I made it a point to tell work to F off and sat down and basically watched the entire 2nd half. So many clutch plays, big plays, big stops, changes in momentum. I thought Bama had it after they stopped Auburn on a 4th & 1 I believe with a few minutes left, but not so fast!

What makes me most happy about that game is that the Bammers will finally not be playing in the championship game. It'll be interesting to see what happens this weekend. I wouldnt be surprised at all if MSU beats Ohio St. The SEC game is basically a pick em as the 2.5 spread would indicate. I havent really seen Mizzou this year so cant really comment on them (nice pic timeline BH  :beer:)

I honestly dont think anyone is stopping FSU, assuming Jameis isnt suspended. Well, I think Bama could have, however I dont see Auburn, Ohio St, or Mizzou beating them. But thats why they play the game!!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

br00ke

super duper stoked for today's games .. WAR EAGLE !!!!!