RUSH INDUCTED INTO ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

Started by Tracy 2112, Apr 19, 2013, 03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Good stuff from a fan who was there; can't wait to see it on HBO. Alex Lifeson gives the most heart warming acceptance speech I have ever seen anyone give for anything, ever. LONG LIVE ROCK!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-induction/
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

LeanneP

The whole Rush segment is awesome: Foo Fighters dressed as 70's rush in white kimonos and wigs, Grohl and Hawkins' speech and then the Rush speeches.  Lifeson's a total card. I don't think a lot of people got his humour.  I'm sure I heard some boos amid the laughter and applause.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Jaimoe

Officially the first Canadian band to be inducted into Jann Wenner's Hall, but to many of us hosers, The Band are the first.

EverythingChanges

It's an insult to that band to not be inducted in right when they became eligible.  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a joke.  So many great bands still aren't in it, and so many artists that aren't even rock and roll are... Rush is one of the greatest bands to grace this earth and probably damn near the most talented.  They should have been in there long ago.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

wolof7

The induction speech given by Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins was amazing, so much energy in that room...love those guys too... So Happy for Rush and thir fans
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

EverythingChanges

Alex Lifeson's speech was hilarious! I loved the cellphone part.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

weeniebeenie

I have to watch this when I get a minute. Thanks for posting.
How loud can silence get?

Jaimoe

Rush's Clockwork Angels won Rock Album of the Year at last night's Juno Awards (Canada's Grammys). Not a bad week for these Toronto boys!