NFL Thread 2013

Started by capt. scotty, Apr 25, 2013, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jun 27, 2013, 10:27 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 27, 2013, 06:58 PM
Go Pats!

Aaron Hernandez murders. Stupid girls reaction!

Holy shit?!  Forget the fact that you had an alleged murderer living in your posh neighborhood?!  Yeah, who cares how many murders that douchebag Hernandez committed as long as the Pats still have a good season...  Whoooo!!!   :rolleyes:

The NFL as a whole seems to be spiraling out of control and what is the loser commissioner doing about it???  There have been 27 NFL players arrested since the Super Bowl!   I'm becoming sick of these players feeling so freaking entitled.  My wish (although it's a pipedream) is if you are convicted of a felony, your NFL career is OVER.  I still hate that Michael Vick was given a chance to make MORE millions after the crimes he was convicted of and did prison time for.  What does that show these athletes? 

Goodell acts like he's this tough commissioner but when it comes to cleaning up the thugs in his league, he's nothing but a pansy ass!!!

oistheone

Really don't wanna generalize, but I will anyway -- I completely agree that the behavior of players NFL in particular is spiraling out of control. I don't have stats to back this up but it seems like there are about a million times more arrests of NFL players than any other sport.

I'm sure 90% of the NFL are good guys, but the abundance of criminals in the league is hard to ignore. I won't name any names, but there was a kid from my hometown who was NO GOOD. He lived in a MASSIVE MANSION on my street, and his family actually had ANOTHER MANSION on the same street. He had a shitload of money and drove around in expensive cars, but I hated him because him and his cronies used to bully the shit outta me, he was arrested on a monthly basis, was known to hang out with ARMS dealers (not only drugs, MUHFUCKIN GUNS!), and at a party he hosted RIGHT ON MY STREET, some kid got shot and killed. Murder went unsolved. I don't wanna speculate but I have a feeling money might have covered it up. Anyway, this very kid was drafted and is in the NFL right now.

The local sports news did a story on him the day he was drafted and seeing him be praised by the media just made me feel sick inside. All this Hernandez shit just got me thinkin' about this again, and how there are probably hundreds of other straight-up dumbass thugs in the NFL, who are making millions of dollars a year. A little bothersome.

But September's around the corner so who is READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!?!

manonthemoon

Well if the NFLs treatment of Ray Lewis is any indication of how they treat criminals who either a kill people or b no who killed two people and helped cover up said killing then it isn't suprising that things like this happen.  All they get is a slap on the wrist.  Look at Stallworth, Leonard Little, all of the others that have killed people while drinking and driving and people just lok the other way these days, kind of sad.

Of course a lot of this is hard to control as I believe in second chances and lots of these guys never have anything stick due to them being great athletes and colleges go easy on the stars we all know that.  But you would think the background check on Hernandez would of picked up something with all that has came out recently and talk of gang relations while growing up.
Alive or Just Breathing

iLikeBeer

Quote from: manonthemoon on Jun 28, 2013, 08:20 PM
Of course a lot of this is hard to control as I believe in second chances and lots of these guys never have anything stick due to them being great athletes and colleges go easy on the stars we all know that.  But you would think the background check on Hernandez would of picked up something with all that has came out recently and talk of gang relations while growing up.

It's all about winning.  Bottom line.  It started for Hernandez in high school.  He was a great high school football player and likely got away with a lot more shit than some average joe.  Then, at UF, Urban Meyer didn't exactly have the greatest track record of recruiting straight and narrow athletes.  Hernandez already had a history of failed marijuana tests coming out of high school, yet he was only suspended for one game at UF for pot use???  Seems to me winning took precedence once again.  The warning signs have been there with Hernandez, but winning takes precedence so it's easier to just look the other way and pass him on to the next level...  :rolleyes:

I too believe in 2nd chances, but there has to be a line where you just don't get a 2nd chance.  If convicted, Hernandez doesn't deserve a 2nd chance.  If you are convicted of a felony, you don't deserve a 2nd chance... 

manonthemoon

I was talking about 2nd chances dealing with like the marijuana test stuff or lesser stuff as well, not something like being involved in murders or rape or something of that nature.  Classifiying it as all felonies is kind of weak though as an assualt charge from a bar fight can give you that or theft over 500 is a felony so all felonies aren't the same.

I do agree that if you are a great athletes you get lots of people to look the other way when it comes to the rest of your life, like personal issues, grades, etc.
Alive or Just Breathing

capt. scotty

Season starts tonight...at some point. WTF is a lightning delay in football and when did the NFL become baseball?!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ericm

Quote from: capt. scotty on Sep 05, 2013, 09:00 PM
Season starts tonight...at some point. WTF is a lightning delay in football and when did the NFL become baseball?!

There's been delays, and stopping of games before for severe lightning. Why risk it? I sure wouldn't want to be on the field or in the stands with that going on. I can't imagine anyone would.

That said.......GO GIANTS!! Smack those Boys on Sunday night, and stay undefeated at Jerryworld.
"Where's Jim going?"

iLikeBeer

They cleared the stadiums last week for the South Carolina and MSU games because of lightning.  Baseball stops play if it's raining too hard.  Football plays thru rain, but not if there is lightning in the area...

Jackets N Pones

A LUCK for MVP in 2013
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Sep 06, 2013, 12:48 PM
A LUCK for MVP in 2013

Not if Payton keeps having performances like he did last night...  :shocked:

joey_rogo

I started that Denver TE on my FF team last night and I felt like such hot shit until I saw that my matchup had Peyton as his QB  :cry:

capt. scotty

Donkeys are going to be tough this year. Not like they will have to play in Mile High every week, but I think Baltimore might struggle this year. That defense is a shell of itself and Flacco has no one to throw to besides Torrey.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

Tracy, I'm bummed a friend of mine has 16 tix to Pats v. Saints on Oct. 13.  He bought a block of seats to reward his employees and someone couldn't go, so they offered it to me gratis.  All I have to do is fly to Foxboro from Iowa City.  Not gonna happen.  You have any frequent flyer miles?  :wink:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

joey_rogo

I actually feel pretty good about the giants losing by 5 points while going -5 in the turnover department. Imagine if they only went -3.... woulda blown em out!  :rolleyes:

FiddleCastro

The Saints did not look like the worst defense in the history of the NFL yesterday.  :thumbsup:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Tracy 2112

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Sep 09, 2013, 11:19 AM
The Saints did not look like the worst defense in the history of the NFL yesterday.  :thumbsup:

that was last year  :rolleyes:

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.