MMJ joins the Global Citizen Tickets Initiative

Started by johnnYYac, May 06, 2013, 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

My Morning Jacket has joined the Global Citizen Tickets Initiative, a new program designed to incentivize social activism with concert tickets. Fans can take a variety of actions to end extreme poverty, like signing petitions and calling representatives to earn points. The points are then applied to win concert tickets to see bands like MMJ.

Over 1.2 billion people currently live in extreme poverty throughout the world, it's time we all take a stand together. Join My Morning Jacket and hundreds of other artists, register to take action and begin earning points for your chance to win tickets to shows this year.

Register here.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Jim James' "A New Life (tUnE-yArDs remix)" to help support Global Citizen.

http://www.globalcitizen.org/Content/Content.aspx?id=0d332545-2527-461e-ba8b-352745e99d98

Starting tomorrow (May 7th, 2013), My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James is offering a tUnE-yArDs remix of his new single, "A New Life," exclusively through Global Citizen, in exchange for your action to help spread the word on social media about Global Citizen Tickets. By sharing the video promoting Global Citizen Tickets you'll earn a Jim James badge, you'll be able to exchange it for a URL & code to get your free download of "A New Life (tUnE-yArDs remix)."

Here's a description of the track:

True to tUnE-yArDs eclectic, rhythmic style, Merrill Garbus brings new feeling to Jim James' single "A New Life" in her remixed version of the track. Through her careful layering, the signature voices of both Garbus and James intertwine throughout the song in a complementary style that echoes over the various syncopated beats in the track's rhythm section.

Check your Global Citizen home page tomorrow for the video to share!

BigHerm

When I opened this thread I was hoping it would be a bunch of artists teaming together to get rid of ticketmaster. I am disappointed.  :wink:

johnnYYac

Quote from: BigHerm on May 06, 2013, 02:07 PM
When I opened this thread I was hoping it would be a bunch of artists teaming together to get rid of ticketmaster. I am disappointed.  :wink:
That was my initial hope, and disappointment, though this is not necessarily a bad thing.  I think eradicating global poverty is at least a close second to reducing ticket service fees and scalping.  :wink:

BigHerm

johnnYYac

There was a place I thought supported fans with all these ticketing issues, Fan Freedom, but its an arm of StubHub.  :angry:

Another, Fans First Coalition, is an arm of Ticketbastard.   :angry: :angry: :angry:

It seems the debate between these two groups is the right of the ticket purchaser (be they individuals or resellers) to resell tickets at "market value" (which, thanks to resell agencies, tends to be heavily overpriced) vs. the idea of non-transferable tickets to avoid reselling (a la Roll Call will call-only, which creates its own problems).

Fans First (Ticketmaster) vs. Fan Freedom (StubHub): does nontransferable ticketing or ticket scalping put fans first?

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 06, 2013, 01:49 PM
Jim James' "A New Life (tUnE-yArDs remix)" to help support Global Citizen.

http://www.globalcitizen.org/Content/Content.aspx?id=0d332545-2527-461e-ba8b-352745e99d98

Starting tomorrow (May 7th, 2013), My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James is offering a tUnE-yArDs remix of his new single, "A New Life," exclusively through Global Citizen, in exchange for your action to help spread the word on social media about Global Citizen Tickets. By sharing the video promoting Global Citizen Tickets you'll earn a Jim James badge, you'll be able to exchange it for a URL & code to get your free download of "A New Life (tUnE-yArDs remix)."

Here's a description of the track:

True to tUnE-yArDs eclectic, rhythmic style, Merrill Garbus brings new feeling to Jim James' single "A New Life" in her remixed version of the track. Through her careful layering, the signature voices of both Garbus and James intertwine throughout the song in a complementary style that echoes over the various syncopated beats in the track's rhythm section.

Check your Global Citizen home page tomorrow for the video to share!
eesh!  Me no likey.  it sounds like they kept some mistakes in.  ooof!

e_wind

I like the tune yards... I'm excited to
Listen to this when I get home
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...