Lucky Man cover by JJ in Volkswagon commercial

Started by Fully, May 16, 2013, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

http://youtu.be/JlOhxJLDJ9M

CC, if I go buy a Passat can I get a download of the entire song? Or could we just get one? The little they use for this sounds so good.

justbcuzido

He done it again. My goodness I want this song. Can Roll Call folks get this?  :cheesy: This is great and I want more!!!!

Thanks Fully!
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

CC

Quote from: Fully on May 16, 2013, 10:55 AM

CC, if I go buy a Passat can I get a download of the entire song? Or could we just get one? The little they use for this sounds so good.

you have to buy a Passat and wait for someone to crash into you. Lucky Man will start playing automatically on the stereo. it's the only way you can hear the entire song.

johnnYYac

So, is the song embedded in the air bags?  I might need me a test drive...  :rolleyes:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Quote from: CC Baxter on May 16, 2013, 11:25 AM

you have to buy a Passat and wait for someone to crash into you. Lucky Man will start playing automatically on the stereo. it's the only way you can hear the entire song.

Well, I've been thinking of inexpensive ways to amputate my feet. I guess I know which option I'm going to choose: amputation by Fahrvergnügen.

Fully

Seriously, it would be really nice if we could buy this song.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Fully on May 16, 2013, 12:40 PM
Seriously, it would be really nice if we could buy this song.

Agreed, throw this on iTunes, or give it to the roll call peeps as a membership perk at least.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: CC Baxter on May 16, 2013, 11:25 AM

Well I don't even have a driver's license, so this should be a piece of cake! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Penny Lane

Wow, that's great but I had an even bigger excitement because I thought this a cover of Lucky Man by THE VERVE. Wow, my heart skipped a beat. Still beautiful..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 16, 2013, 02:31 PM
Wow, that's great but I had an even bigger excitement because I thought this a cover of Lucky Man by THE VERVE. Wow, my heart skipped a beat. Still beautiful..
90's child  :rolleyes:

APR

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 16, 2013, 02:31 PM

I was totally thinking The Verve's version too.  I was actually surprised when I heard this version and then realized this version is more famous.

Great find Fully.  That was a cool 20 seconds.

This guy was actually unlucky since the song stopped when he got hit.....  or maybe the song isn't embedded in the airbags YYac.  But I'm not car expert.

Fully

It keeps the irony that is in the original song, APR. at least that's my way of interpreting it.

justbcuzido

Quote from: Fully on May 16, 2013, 09:11 PM
It keeps the irony that is in the original song, APR. at least that's my way of interpreting it.

Agreed! I'm a 90's kid too but grew up listening to ELP with my dad. I have never heard The Verves version. I just want to get this full track at some point.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: justbcuzido on May 16, 2013, 11:12 PM

Agreed! I'm a 90's kid too but grew up listening to ELP with my dad. I have never heard The Verves version. I just want to get this full track at some point.

The Verve doesn't do a version of this song, totally different song that happens to have same name.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Penny Lane

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on May 17, 2013, 03:20 AM
Quote from: justbcuzido on May 16, 2013, 11:12 PM

The Verve doesn't do a version of this song, totally different song that happens to have same name.

One of the best songs ever:

The Verve - Lucky Man
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Tracy 2112

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - 'Lucky Man' (1970)

I was a huge ELP fan in my teens. Well known that Greg Lake wrote it when he was 12. With one of the greatest rock synthesizer solos at 3:22.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Man_(Emerson,_Lake_%26_Palmer_song)

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

CountSA

APR

I know this is not a Verve thread, but if anyone likes Lucky Man, then definitely check out Weeping Willow.  Those two songs are truely incredible (my favorites on the album) and as a back to back combo on the same album, well it doesn't get much better than that.

MrWhippy

Quote from: APR on May 18, 2013, 10:06 AM
I know this is not a Verve thread, but if anyone likes Lucky Man, then definitely check out Weeping Willow.  Those two songs are truely incredible (my favorites on the album) and as a back to back combo on the same album, well it doesn't get much better than that.

Amen to that.  The whole Urban Hymns album is so incredible.  Their other ones are pretty great as well, though it's Urban Hymns that has clicked with me the most.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.