MMJ to start recording in October

Started by Cameron, May 16, 2013, 02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

ha, i just posted the same link in The Band section.  I didn't know where it was most appropriate. So amped on this.
Don't you ever turn it off

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

justbcuzido

Maybe we can get a little test run of these tunes around NYE?  :grin:
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Tomer

That's great news. Like me some new MMJ music in 2014  :cheesy:
"Jim's voice makes Enya sound like a russian couple arguing in a bowling alley"

BH

Wow!    I thought Jim might have some material based on something he said in a recent interview but that is sooner than I thought for recording.   Anybody recall how long it was between recording and release on Circuital?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

EverythingChanges

I really hope this stuff comes out next spring. Also, if it's a concept album, I'll be super stoked.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

rmpotsy

Quote from: BH on May 17, 2013, 09:43 AM
Wow!    I thought Jim might have some material based on something he said in a recent interview but that is sooner than I thought for recording.   Anybody recall how long it was between recording and release on Circuital?

i think they recorded in summer and released (as we all know) on 5/31.  so i would say if they are starting in October, mid-late summer would be a good guess.
out go the lights it begins

CountSA

Quote from: BH on May 17, 2013, 09:43 AM

I think they went into the studio to lay down demos right after T5 and just decided to knock out the album then and there.

EverythingChanges

Fingers crossed for something dark like Strangulation, Going to Hell, IWBTWYD, Dondante, or Smokin' on the new album. 
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

justbcuzido

Quote from: EverythingChanges on May 18, 2013, 02:18 AM
Fingers crossed for something dark like Strangulation, Going to Hell, IWBTWYD, Dondante, or Smokin' on the new album.

Amen. I too was drawn in initially by the heavier songs, especially Strangulation and Hopefully. I am just excited and have complete faith that the boys will surprise and challenge us with whatever they put out. Jim is on fire right now with immense creativity. I have no idea what to expect and I am ok with that.

millerjustin

Quote from: justbcuzido on May 16, 2013, 02:20 PM
Maybe we can get a little test run of these tunes around NYE?  :grin:

BINGO
What's in here won't disappear

davymac

This would be great!! I'm so excited for the new album. 

What do y'all think the chances are of getting Devil's Peanut Butter or Churches Banks and Bars thrown in the mix?  Both of those songs are just too great to not be put on a record somewhere...(really want them on vinyl!  :cool:)

justbcuzido

Quote from: davymac on May 19, 2013, 11:12 AM

What do y'all think the chances are of getting Devil's Peanut Butter or Churches Banks and Bars thrown in the mix?  Both of those songs are just too great to not be put on a record somewhere...(really want them on vinyl!  :cool:)

I concur with Devils Peanut Butter. I have never heard "Churches Banks & Bars", what is it? What era was it from and does anyone have it?

kotchishm

Quote from: justbcuzido on May 19, 2013, 01:24 PM
Quote from: davymac on May 19, 2013, 11:12 AM

I concur with Devils Peanut Butter. I have never heard "Churches Banks & Bars", what is it? What era was it from and does anyone have it?

It's a Z demo.  More of a slower-paced tune than DPB.  It was passed around a while back but it's the band's request to not share these two.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf