Interlocken Music Festival (if you like Jambands)

Started by e_wind, May 21, 2013, 06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

So this festival is gonna be insane. I don't like Jambands, except live at outdoor festivals ... To be honest I probably won't remember most of this.

Neil Young and Crazy Horse
Further (3 sets, performing Workingmans Dead in it entirety once.)
Widespread Panic (2 sets, feat. John Fogerty)
String Cheese Incident (2 sets feat. Zac Brown)
Black Crowes (2 sets)
Zac Brown of the Zac Brown Band

That's the lineup so far. No breaks between artists on the 2 main stages. All bands get at least 2 hour sets.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

oistheone

I'm also not too into jam bands, but the thought of a first-year fest in Virginia in September greatly appeals to me. I'm all about camping in reasonable temperatures to see some great music. I'd go for Neil and the rest would be bonus.

I'm wondering, how much do you think they'll flesh out the lineup from here? A decent undercard would go a long way in getting me to pull the trigger on tickets.

davymac

I doubt I'll make it to this, but it looks pretty cool! I'm a big WSMFP fan and having John Fogerty in the mix sounds awesome...of course seeing Neil would be a real treat too.

Sounds like a fun time though!  :thumbsup:

e_wind

I've heard from the same person who's been correct about everything so far that Trey Anastasio (or whatever, from Phish) and The Roots + PRINCE are gonna be added. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fully

oistheone

This festival is just getting ridiculous.

I don't see how I'll be able to pass this up.

e_wind

I feel the same O. It's just stupid how cool it is.

Tired Eyes

I'm in for this festival.  I'm picking up a friend in Philly (who isn't on the forum) and driving down.  Pretty sure we're staying in a motel though.  I still have bad memories of the torrential rain in Fort A.P. Hill, VA, the year I went to the National Boy Scout Jamboree.

e_wind

With this possibility of Prince, I think there will be one more major headliner. NY, Prince, and ? Will all headline, with all these other majors playing pre-headline and late night. And maybe 3 small undercard bands a day. Or maybe NY and Pronce will do fri and sat and then there will be no headliners on thurs and Sunday

e_wind

Grace Potter, Allman Bros, BelaFleck, UM, Biscuits are all rumors on inforoo, though that is way unreliable.

parkervb

Quote from: e_wind on May 23, 2013, 01:46 PM
I've heard from the same person who's been correct about everything so far that Trey Anastasio (or whatever, from Phish) and The Roots + PRINCE are gonna be added. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, it would be incredible if Prince played BFE Virginia, but color me skeptical.  I can def see Trey playing this since his (and Phish) management company is based in Charlottesville, VA. 
Don't you ever turn it off

robb

i just hope this rumored NYCH show in detroit actually happens so i can quit trying to convince myself to go to this.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

e_wind

I bet it's real Robb. I can't see them doing a one-off

yakeroo

Man this is the kind of lineup I dream of. Makes me long for the earlier days of Bonnaroo. Might have to fake an illness to take sick leave for this one.

Tired Eyes

Gov't Mule and the Warren Haynes Band have been added to Interlocken.

They will play on the same day.

manonthemoon

The lineup is getting more attractive to me as I've always love Mule, but never seen them.  Might have to make an appearance if work makes it doable.
Alive or Just Breathing

paultim374

I'm wondering, how much do you think they'll flesh out the lineup from here? A decent undercard would go a long way in getting me to pull the trigger on tickets.
:cheesy:

Our dumps tutorials and 642-742 braindumps guide will give beginners  a core overview of Adobe photoshop.  Learn all about photoshop plugins using CHECKPOINT free resources. For more detail Kyoto University Best wishes

manonthemoon

The way most of the groups playing play I think there won't be too many add ons as I think most of the sets will be in the 2 to 3 hour range based on SCI, Gov't Mule, and Widespreads track history of playing long shows.  Plus I am not sure how many stages that there will be.
Alive or Just Breathing

Tired Eyes

Jimmy Cliff has been added to Interlocken.
He will play on September 6.

capt. scotty

Whoa, glad I checked out this thread as this is only a 3 hour drive for me. Some other bands playing that I didnt see listed in this thread are Tedeschi Trucks Band, Punch Brothers, and Keller Williams, 3 bands I like. That weekend is also my birthday. I dont see myself passing this one up!!  :bath:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons