"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peafunk31

1st the return of Hacksaw & now an appearance from Coping Saw?!?! Best weekend ever!
Homer no function beer well without.

rincon2

millerjustin

What's in here won't disappear

moflojo

Anyone have any idea or predictions as to what time their 1st show of the run (Jan 26th) will start?

LeanneP

I swear I saw timing for the shows somewhere that had them starting around 9pm. I may also have been high or dreaming.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

gluvmiller

As far as the relevance, I have no idea, but when Panic did their Mexico run, show times were 9pm. So Leanne, you may have heard this start time from me. Now, when Panic did their next cloud9 excursion in the Dominican Republic, they changed their start time earlier. Personally, I LOVED the 9pm start time. It made for a nice day of lounging around, maybe getting off resort, then taking a shower and getting a nice dinner at one of the various restaurants. And then you still had plenty of time to get your drink on and get hooked up with your crew and get ready.

millerjustin

BUMP!

112 days plus a wake up.
What's in here won't disappear

e_wind

As of today: flight booked, room booked, extra nights booked. Ready to go.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

alexzbik

Quote from: e_wind on Oct 06, 2013, 07:39 PM

samesies
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

layin low

Quote from: alexzbik on Oct 07, 2013, 08:47 AM
Quote from: e_wind on Oct 06, 2013, 07:39 PM

samesies

Double samesies. Well, have the last half of room and ground transportation to pay for, but flight and extra night booked.

I'll say, if you haven't booked your flight yet, make sure to get a fare-checker. Things are moving, for the good and bad, daily. At one point a flight from Charlotte to Cancun was $650, then 4 days later it dropped more than $200.

Can't wait folks! Too early to request Miss You>Cobra as they did at T5?

JerseyDan

anyone have any idea how the credits for the extras are going to be split if you are doing the "flying solo" option? all i can see from the site is its $500/room but if you are staying with a stranger how can you be sure to share evenly?

ms. yvon

jersey,  that is a good question for the hotel.  they may have a "bed" indication for credits (bed 1 or bed 2) when billing to your room.

really just swooped in to say:  plane tix purchased.  room booked.  wine consumed.
nothing left to do but pack the sunscreen.  :beer:
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

gluvmiller

Quote from: JerseyDan on Oct 08, 2013, 10:55 AM
anyone have any idea how the credits for the extras are going to be split if you are doing the "flying solo" option? all i can see from the site is its $500/room but if you are staying with a stranger how can you be sure to share evenly?

I just spoke with someone at cloud 9 and asked about the credits for the flying solo peeps. They said it is tied to your room key and will be split evenly when you check in to your room. So you'll automatically have $250 in creditas on your room key.

JerseyDan

idioteque

this is our honeymoon trip...  opted for a fancy room with a hottub on the roof.  extended our stay as well

MikeR1390

"Awesome news, amigos! My Morning Jacket proudly welcomes the Flaming Lips along with Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Mariachi El Bronx and Rob Garza (Thievery Corporation) Solo DJ Sets on this 4 night adventure! Add this to the already scheduled 3 full shows with My Morning Jacket and a MMJ hosted DJ Dance Party and you've got One Big Holiday!"

eeeeeeeee

e_wind

I'll bite.
Flaiming Lips new show style where Wayne stands in one place is fucking weak. Hopefully that doesn't happen.
PHJB - They add something to the MMJ shows, so I'm down with this.
Mariachi Band - ????? no clue what to expect.
Thievery Corp DJ set - should make the Dance Party more fun.

All in all, this couldn't hurt the experience, but it's more like an extra treat for those who are already going. If they were hoping to tip the scales and get a bunch of people to book rooms for openers, I don't think this will help too much. PHJB isn't gonna sell a ticket. F'Lips might sell a couple. Thats all I see happening. Now maybe if it was Bobby Weir.........
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

scosby2

I've made all my payments over the phone and the guy told me two days ago it was still selling great. That said, like Eric, I think this was a genuine add-on for those of us already going...I'm glad we went this route as opposed to the band of horses route considering the location...great job MMJ...and Eric, in 2009 wilco opened up sloss furnaces in bham with a mariachi band no one had or still has ever heard of...when they went on everyone was talking...by the time they were done the whole place was silent and everyone was dancing their asses off...and It also adds more horns

Y'all got any disco ball back there?

BigHerm

I cant even check the board anymore.

It huuuurts.

Fully

Quote from: BigHerm on Oct 23, 2013, 02:40 PM
I cant even check the board anymore.

It huuuurts.

We'll have a pity party all week. I'm to the point where I've accepted that I'm not going to be there. I'm just happy so many of my friends get to go and have bragging rights about it.