"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenfarr

I just realized we have enough frequest flyer miles for free flights!  Makes the resort cost more palpable....Woo Hoo!

Cameron

I could do this but I can't justify the prices. My wife and I did an all inclusive for 3 days at a very nice resort in cabo and it was $500 total. That's a lot of extra money for three MMJ shows. I'd rather spend it to see them in a city I haven't been to.

idioteque

BigHerm

Quote from: Cameron on Jun 12, 2013, 12:01 PM
I could do this but I can't justify the prices. My wife and I did an all inclusive for 3 days at a very nice resort in cabo and it was $500 total. That's a lot of extra money for three MMJ shows. I'd rather spend it to see them in a city I haven't been to.

500 per day?

The price of this is slightly cheaper than any all-inclusive resort I've stayed at. (edit: nvm I keep thinking 1299 for the room. not per person.)

gluvmiller

I did the first one of these put on by Cloud 9 for Panic and it was totally worth it. yes, it is very expensive, but the payment plan is very helpful. And I know MMJ hasn't been around as long, but I wouldn't be surprised if this sells out quickly. Panic's sold out so fast they added a second resort which also sold out quickly and then had a sizable wait list.

So after much discussions with the wife last night, we decided to make this happen. I filled out my form this morning and I have not received a reply from Cloud 9 yet, but it also told me to expect my reply by June 18th. If you have questions, definitely contact Cloud 9. They're great people who have been doing this for a while. They're very helpful if you call them.

Oh, and if anyone needs a roommate to make this happen, I have a great buddy who wants to go, but he is solo. He mentioned going in on a 3 person suite with me and my wife, but we're going without our kids this time and we don't need anyone else in our room (wink, wink, nod, nod).

musicfanck

I am very interested in going.  If it doesn't sell out, I will be looking for a roommate to share the expense of a room!  Please message me if interested in rooming. 

midwesterner

I am looking for someone to potentially share a room with.

Woldie

MEXICO ROOMMATE ROLL CALL!

I'm going to take a leap and attempt a list of those who seem to be interested in pulling off the crazy stunt of jumping somewhat blindly into 5-day roommate situation at a resort in Mexico.  I have pulled these handles from the forum posts I've seen.  Please REPLY Roll Call Style if you want to be included or want to be removed from the list.  Also, for compatibility sake, and the ease of sign-up, I'm going to include my a/s/l stats, as well as Roll Call status. I encourage y'all to do the same.

1. Woldie (me) 38/M/Wisconsin/Current Roll Call member
2. slaa
3. (friend of) gluvmiller
4. musicfanck
5. midwesterner
6. bluesky (?)
"The owls are not what they seem."

logan5ive

Any idea on how much the excursions, spas, salons, etc. will cost in terms of room credit?
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

Jenfarr

Quote from: logan5ive on Jun 12, 2013, 02:25 PM
Any idea on how much the excursions, spas, salons, etc. will cost in terms of room credit?

Someone posted this on Tripadvisor...assuming $1 = 1 credit.

Chichen Itza $120 Adults, $67 Kids
Beach Club Punta Venado $50 each adults & kids
Premium Dolphin Swim (w/o Transp.) $129 each adults & kids
Aktun Chen Cavern $66 each Adults & kids
Tulum $75 adults, $45 kids

The person said she had a pdf of all charges (as I'm interested in spa charges too) and would e-mail it, but I haven't gotten it yet.

br00ke

RE: Resort Credit's, you get a $500 PER ROOM, not per person .. so if your bunking up with friends, you need to share this credit to be used towards "spa treatments, salon services, a round of golf, upgraded wine selections, tours offered by the resort and more". I also read that you still have to pay tax on these which is 11% and will be billed to your room.

layin low

What does everyone think on this being a yearly thing or is just a one-off? I have some other expenses upcoming that makes this really tough this go-round, but hoping that it may be offered again down the road...

gluvmiller

Quote from: Woldie on Jun 12, 2013, 01:33 PM

I'm going to take a leap and attempt a list of those who seem to be interested in pulling off the crazy stunt of jumping somewhat blindly into 5-day roommate situation at a resort in Mexico.  I have pulled these handles from the forum posts I've seen.  Please REPLY Roll Call Style if you want to be included or want to be removed from the list.  Also, for compatibility sake, and the ease of sign-up, I'm going to include my a/s/l stats, as well as Roll Call status. I encourage y'all to do the same.

2. slaa
4. musicfanck
5. midwesterner
6. bluesky (?)

Nicely done Woldie. Great idea to start this list. My friend Ryan is 38/M/Denver/Not Roll call member yet. I'm going to reach out to him to become a member

Garrett

gluvmiller

Quote from: layin low on Jun 12, 2013, 03:47 PM
What does everyone think on this being a yearly thing or is just a one-off? I have some other expenses upcoming that makes this really tough this go-round, but hoping that it may be offered again down the road...

I think it is very dependent on success. I really expect it will sell out, but if by chance it doesn't, I would doubt they would do it again soon. Cloud 9 holds all the risk and this is their job. They're very good it, but they won't do it again if they're not profiting.

Also, it seems to me this band is not one for staying on the same course and really appreciate change and new directions.

Lauren_Lynn

Hey fellow MMJ fans! I am really interested in making it to this unreal experience but all of my friends who are going are couples who aren't interested in having a 3rd in their room (which I totally get because let's get real, an all inclusive resort in the Mayan Riviera with unlimited booze = wouldn't mind some "alone time" at the end of the night haha)

Anywho, I am a female in my late 20s and am looking for another MMJ fan (females only) who is also interested in going in on a room.

I have my preferences set so you can email me directly if you're interested.

Thanks!
Lauren

Lauren_Lynn

Quote from: gluvmiller on Jun 12, 2013, 04:00 PM
Quote from: Woldie on Jun 12, 2013, 01:33 PM

2. slaa
4. musicfanck
5. midwesterner
6. bluesky (?)
7.Lauren_Lynn/29/F/California

Nicely done Woldie. Great idea to start this list. My friend Ryan is 38/M/Denver/Not Roll call member yet. I'm going to reach out to him to become a member

Garrett

Added myself to the list!

korief

Quote from: br00ke on Jun 11, 2013, 05:11 PM
my 35th birthday is on the 24th ... this shall make one hell of a birthday party, i'm in!!

My 35th is on the 25th... I shall party with you Brooke.

Mingus Rude

http://www.aicmeetings.com/e-brochures/HRHRivieraMaya.pdf

More info about the resort . I was looking for a map to help decide what room to book .

Looks like the shows would be in the Labyrinth Terrace.

APR

I have been so distracted for the past 24 hours wondering if I can make this happen.  It sounds too good to miss!  As it was said earlier, heart says yes but brain might say no.  May need a roommate.  May not be a good idea to miss that entire week of work. 

I agree about the value being quite good.... concerts, food/drinks, room at a nice resort, credits to do stuff on resort, 3 MMJ SHOWS plus 1 interesting MMJ party.

br00ke