"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: Bulldog on Jan 09, 2014, 10:22 PM
All,

Just a couple additional links I found interesting....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.658374580868178.1073741900.116179758420999&type=1  or search BiCostal images on FB.

The above is some local photg couple who took some far better pictures that show what the resort really looks like albeit still with a lil professional fluff to them.

This one is more interesting in that it shows the good and bad,

http://www.kellytheculinarian.com/2013/12/hard-rock-hotel-riviera-maya-review.html

Bottom line, what we have is a resort coming out of the tail end of a refresh, no question there will still be an issue or two, but I like the perspective in the one above as its clear she still had a good vacation. Moreover keep in mind that was on Dec 23 and improvements are ongoing.....

And yes, I'm STILL working on "growing the fuck up", but with any luck at all, I'll be able to put it off till I get back.

Thanks for posting these links.  Looks pretty clear that seeing the best band on earth at this spot will not suck one iota. 
what Madonna said really helped

MrWhippy

Quote from: jaye on Jan 09, 2014, 03:07 PM
I'd like some fresh fruit and to be able to sleep in. 

I first read this as "I'd like some fresh fruit to be able to sleep in" and thought, yeah, sleeping in a bed of fresh fruit does sound kind of awesome. 
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

jaye

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 10, 2014, 12:50 AM

I first read this as "I'd like some fresh fruit to be able to sleep in" and thought, yeah, sleeping in a bed of fresh fruit does sound kind of awesome.

Didn't you reserve a room with a fruit bed??

MrWhippy

Quote from: jaye on Jan 10, 2014, 02:04 AM
Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 10, 2014, 12:50 AM

Didn't you reserve a room with a fruit bed??

Even if I did, it would probabaly still be under construction and not ready yet anyway.

mgobugsy

Concerning Airport Transfers.  I have called Cloud9 and got referred to e-mail via automated message.  I've sent two e-mails and to date haven't gotten a reply on either.  Perhaps someone on this forum knows the answer. 

We purchased airport transfers from Cloud9.  My question is when we arrive at Noon on Saturday where are we supposed to go in the airport in Cancun and what is the company running the airport transfer operation?  When will they depart to the resort?  Is there a regular schedule?  I guess I just want to know how we are going to get from the airport to the resort?   :undecided:

Thx

JTG1975

Rooftop orgy?

I have the rooftop part locked and loaded. But no orgy.

However, I'm having fresh papaya flown in for the week. So there is that!

Fully

Quote from: JTG1975 on Jan 10, 2014, 08:29 AM
Rooftop orgy?

I have the rooftop part locked and loaded. But no orgy.

However, I'm having fresh papaya flown in for the week. So there is that!

You need to meet Ghosts on TV.

Furthur fan

we have is a resort coming out of the tail end of a refresh

Its not the tail end they are nowhere near ready. I think you are all are going to owe a big apology to given. Go over to Further.net to read thread "latest review" that was just put up.....you can put your head in the sand if you want but if you don't think getting an unexpected 5k plus bill as you leave and not getting the room you booked, and waiting 45 minutes at every meal for a table (and this when the hotel has very low occupancy--whats going to happen when its full 3 hr waits?) -- not to mention the already mentioned issues ( being woken by jackhammers everyday at 8am, unresponsive management to issues, the Heaven section bar & disco not open-- only a very small bar or trudge to the other side of the "resort".................)..reviews that are titled "Hell Hole" "Worst Vacation ever" .......... and you think its ok then you deserved to get ripped off. 

Winterland

Quote from: Furthur fan on Jan 10, 2014, 09:24 AM

Its not the tail end they are nowhere near ready. I think you are all are going to owe a big apology to given. Go over to Further.net to read thread "latest review" that was just put up.....you can put your head in the sand if you want but if you don't think getting an unexpected 5k plus bill as you leave and not getting the room you booked, and waiting 45 minutes at every meal for a table (and this when the hotel has very low occupancy--whats going to happen when its full 3 hr waits?) -- not to mention the already mentioned issues ( being woken by jackhammers everyday at 8am, unresponsive management to issues, the Heaven section bar & disco not open-- only a very small bar or trudge to the other side of the "resort".................)..reviews that are titled "Hell Hole" "Worst Vacation ever" .......... and you think its ok then you deserved to get ripped off.

Totally agree, but where would the additional $5K come from?

ItBeats4Jew

Furthur fan, it's not being naive or turning a blind eye to this, but simply how I choose to look at it.  As crazylove said, all the screaming in the world ain't gonna change a thing so we may as well go with an open mind and have the best time possible and not lose sight of the fact of why we're embarking on this adventure...to see these guys throw down and hang with a great krewe while doing so. 

I hope you and all those going to Furthur have a blast...last show probably ever so go enjoy!!  You'll get over the other extraneous bullshit. 
what Madonna said really helped

Jenfarr

Quote from: ItBeats4Jew on Jan 10, 2014, 09:48 AM

Furthur fan, it's not being naive or turning a blind eye to this, but simply how I choose to look at it.  As crazylove said, all the screaming in the world ain't gonna change a thing so we may as we'll go with an open mind and have the best time possible and not lose sight of the fact of why we're embarking on this adventure...to see these guys throw down and hang with a great krewe while doing so. 

I hope you and all those going to Furthur have a blast...last show probably ever so go enjoy!!  You'll get over the other extraneous bullshit.

Amen my brother!  Or Amen mi hermano!  (Arrested Developement reference...)

Furthur fan

Winter- go read the review - it appears they paid in advance through a travel agent but Hard rock "lost" their prepaid reservation so at checkout they demanded 5k plus or they wouldn't let them catch the bus to the airport to depart.

It beats - I concur I will make the best of it-- BUT we paid for and were promised a "finished" resort when booking-- it is a blatant rip off - if construction fell behind its on them and adjustments to rates should be made--- further I suggest videotaping your checkin /out (with audio) and bringing all your documentation of what you paid and for what type of room. I too have the Jacuzzi rooftop but how can there be a rooftop orgy when they put you on the ground floor in an inferior room --not what you paid for. It is what it is no doubt-- I just want to get the word out that you best cover yourself in every way possible - and document any deficiencies that occur be it not getting the room you booked or anything else. I've never sued anyone but as someone said I'm going to get all litigious (sp?) when I get home if its as bad as it sounds-- to given -- if you don't go and experience a "loss" you have no case. Shit re checkin you have to read todays review--the front desk will promise you anything to get you away from the desk and the next day they will claim they don't know what you're talking about.  Good luck and best wishes and hopefully this is much ado about nothing but I am accepting wagers that the resort part of these adventures are going to be disasters.

given2jacket

Quote from: Furthur fan on Jan 10, 2014, 10:40 AM
Winter- go read the review - it appears they paid in advance through a travel agent but Hard rock "lost" their prepaid reservation so at checkout they demanded 5k plus or they wouldn't let them catch the bus to the airport to depart.

It beats - I concur I will make the best of it-- BUT we paid for and were promised a "finished" resort when booking-- it is a blatant rip off - if construction fell behind its on them and adjustments to rates should be made--- further I suggest videotaping your checkin /out (with audio) and bringing all your documentation of what you paid and for what type of room. I too have the Jacuzzi rooftop but how can there be a rooftop orgy when they put you on the ground floor in an inferior room --not what you paid for. It is what it is no doubt-- I just want to get the word out that you best cover yourself in every way possible - and document any deficiencies that occur be it not getting the room you booked or anything else. I've never sued anyone but as someone said I'm going to get all litigious (sp?) when I get home if its as bad as it sounds-- to given -- if you don't go and experience a "loss" you have no case. Shit re checkin you have to read todays review--the front desk will promise you anything to get you away from the desk and the next day they will claim they don't know what you're talking about.  Good luck and best wishes and hopefully this is much ado about nothing but I am accepting wagers that the resort part of these adventures are going to be disasters.

I will decide what I'm going to do the week before our event because by then Further will be going on and we will know once and for all the experience.  I'm either going to demand a refund and stay at another hotel (non refundable plane tickets) and miss the shows, which is a bummer, or I'll go for 1 night and if it's a disaster check out and deal with the lawsuit when I get home.  I don't think I need to checkin in order to have a claim.  I have detailed emails back and forth with Cloud 9 where they are either lying or completely naive as to the situation there. 

The whole thing sucks.  I mostly feel bad for getting my friend and his wife involved when they don't even like MMJ  - they were just going to meet me.  His wife has never met my fiance and they wanted to meet before our wedding.  They figured it would be like any other resort but at night the band plays and they can decide which shows to catch.  For someone who isn't an MMJ fan, we can all agree there isn't a lot of silver lining here...

JTG1975

Is the assumption that every single positive review is a scam?

MrWhippy

I too have the Jacuzzi rooftop but how can there be a rooftop orgy when they put you on the ground floor in an inferior room --not what you paid for.

Does anyone have any ideas of what sort of conversion factor should used to detremine the reimbursement due if we paid for a rooftop orgy but end up having to settle for a ground floor one?

given2jacket

Quote from: JTG1975 on Jan 10, 2014, 11:34 AM

The ratio of positives to negatives is the worst for any hotel in all of Mexico on Tripadvisor.  Further, just about every positive review is from someone with no history.  It is much more likely that fake positive reviews are being posted than fake negative reviews (what's the point?)

Angelo

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 10, 2014, 11:37 AM
I too have the Jacuzzi rooftop but how can there be a rooftop orgy when they put you on the ground floor in an inferior room --not what you paid for.

Does anyone have any ideas of what sort of conversion factor should used to detremine the reimbursement due if we paid for a rooftop orgy but end up having to settle for a ground floor one?
I'm assuming we will determine the best course of action when we return and the dust settles. No sense on coming up with a plan until it is necessary. I'm never one to automatically dismiss a ground floor orgy.

mahg33ta

Further-  I think others have already requested this, but please keep us as posted as possible as to the situation once you are on the ground there.   As you can tell, stress levels are high and getting the "live" scoop will be really helpful.

ericm

I'm not going but have to put this thread right up there in my top 5 all- time.  :thumbsup: Some classic stuff in here!   :grin:   :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

JTG1975

Quote from: given2jacket on Jan 10, 2014, 11:42 AM
Quote from: JTG1975 on Jan 10, 2014, 11:34 AM

The ratio of positives to negatives is the worst for any hotel in all of Mexico on Tripadvisor.  Further, just about every positive review is from someone with no history.  It is much more likely that fake positive reviews are being posted than fake negative reviews (what's the point?)

36 reviews from this one:

QuoteWhat a Rockstar Experience! Loved it!"
5 of 5 starsReviewed 3 weeks ago
I stayed at Hard Rock Riviera Maya - Hacienda from December 9-16,2013. A little background about my travelling experience. Over the past 12 years I have had occasion to visit to over 47 resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean. I believe I have a strong understanding of customer service and resort quality.

Check-in

This was fantastic! The stress of a rough travel day was relieved the minute I walked through the door! It took minutes and then I was whisked off to my room, drink in hand! Stress level was now at 0.....

Room

My room location was fantastic! I had reserved a Sky Terrace room and it did not disappoint! Beautifully appointed room with roof top terrace, Jacuzzi and powder room! Fairly modern room that maintained the property's charm. I lOVED the terrace and the bathroom!

Property

The property is broken down into a family side (Hacienda) and an adults only side (Heaven. The resort is BEAUTIFUL! Each morning I would walk around and take pictures often discovering new areas to explore! Wildlife would be all around and they lagoons have sea life swimming inside of them. The resort is large (1264 rooms) but not overwhelming! I love this property immensely! Hard Rock has taken it over and enhanced it!

Pools

The pools were great! Waterfalls everywhere! The outdoor pools aren't heated but the pool temperature wasn't bad at all. Refreshing! The waterslide is 34 seconds of awesomeness! So much fun!

They have 3 hot tubs on the Heaven side (2 normal size and 1 GIANT one!

Food

Where to start? Delicious! All meals I had were fantastic. The a'la carte restaurants were so good. So much care was taken into the food prep and presentation. All dinners were great! The pool buffet and grill were really good as well. They will customize your sandwiches or burgers too!

The Hacienda lobby has Cafetto that has a'la carte Panini sandwiches that were unreal!

Room service was very good, fresh and fast!

Bars

The bartenders couldn't do enough for you! Always serving with a smile of their faces! All drinks I had were great. They would always ask if I wanted something sweet or sour, strong or weak! Great job! Manuel and Ivan were awesome!

Servers

I mainly had Diana and she was great! She would go way out of her way to run and get an ingredient needed and always with a smile!

Gym (Body Rock)

The gym is very nicely appointed and has all you will need for a great workout! Lots of free weights and machines, elliptical and treadmills.

Spa

I had 3 massages and a pedicure. Each service was fantastic! The hydrotherapy area isn't open yet but should be any day! Good value using the resort credits.

Animation Team

The guys and girls are great! Always encouraging you to join in without bugging you. They always wave at you and smile! Fun people! Joaquin was funny!

Shows

I caught a few of the shows and they were done well. The Aquatic Show and Fire show were very good! I also enjoyed the breakdance show!

There was a band called Big Time Party that played on the beach one night. They were really fun and everyone liked the show. Several other nights had cover bands and DJ's in various locations. Fun times! :-)

Construction

There is still some construction on the Heaven side mainly in the rooms but nothing that will impact your vacation! They should be completed very soon!

Overall

I would return in a heartbeat! The service was unreal! All staff encountered did a great job! Rosy from Public Relations always went way out of her way to help! Smiles all around! Best service I had had at a resort!

I travelled with 19 guests and all enjoyed themselves and had a great time! Everyone said the couldn't wait to return again! In fact, I booked my trip back to Hard Rock Riviera Maya the day after I returned!

See you soon!

Not sure what to make of it. :shrug: