"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrWhippy

Quote from: Angelo on Jan 10, 2014, 11:44 AM
I'm never one to automatically dismiss a ground floor orgy.

That's probably pretty a good rule of thumb to have for a honeymoon.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

walterfredo

Quote from: mgobugsy on Jan 10, 2014, 08:07 AM
Concerning Airport Transfers.  I have called Cloud9 and got referred to e-mail via automated message.  I've sent two e-mails and to date haven't gotten a reply on either.  Perhaps someone on this forum knows the answer. 

We purchased airport transfers from Cloud9.  My question is when we arrive at Noon on Saturday where are we supposed to go in the airport in Cancun and what is the company running the airport transfer operation?  When will they depart to the resort?  Is there a regular schedule?  I guess I just want to know how we are going to get from the airport to the resort?   :undecided:

Thx

I don't have the answer to this, as I'm not going to be at OBH, but...for those who have never been to the Cancun airport, I can tell you that you absolutely, positively want to have your ground transportation info when you arrive.  After you go through customs, and are fed out to the wolves that deal with the ground transport, it can be insanely overwhelming.  You will have people up in your face trying to pull you this way and that way, convincing you to come with them and they'll give you a ride.  When my wife and I went a couple years back it was beyond overwhelming.  People giving you misinformation...the airport 'employees' are all in on this too and get kickbacks from the drivers.  There will also be people immediately trying to sell you on time shares and houses.  It's intense!  So...do what you can do know exactly where you are supposed to be going and who you are looking for.  You will have vultures swarming trying to get your money the very second you step out of customs and out of the airport doors.  Be prepared!

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 10, 2014, 12:17 PM
Quote from: mgobugsy on Jan 10, 2014, 08:07 AM
Concerning Airport Transfers.  I have called Cloud9 and got referred to e-mail via automated message.  I've sent two e-mails and to date haven't gotten a reply on either.  Perhaps someone on this forum knows the answer. 

We purchased airport transfers from Cloud9.  My question is when we arrive at Noon on Saturday where are we supposed to go in the airport in Cancun and what is the company running the airport transfer operation?  When will they depart to the resort?  Is there a regular schedule?  I guess I just want to know how we are going to get from the airport to the resort?   :undecided:

Thx

I don't have the answer to this, as I'm not going to be at OBH, but...for those who have never been to the Cancun airport, I can tell you that you absolutely, positively want to have your ground transportation info when you arrive.  After you go through customs, and are fed out to the wolves that deal with the ground transport, it can be insanely overwhelming.  You will have people up in your face trying to pull you this way and that way, convincing you to come with them and they'll give you a ride.  When my wife and I went a couple years back it was beyond overwhelming.  People giving you misinformation...the airport 'employees' are all in on this too and get kickbacks from the drivers.  There will also be people immediately trying to sell you on time shares and houses.  It's intense!  So...do what you can do know exactly where you are supposed to be going and who you are looking for.  You will have vultures swarming trying to get your money the very second you step out of customs and out of the airport doors.  Be prepared!

yeah it's the same at the Cabo airport.  my wife and I got roped into a time share sales pitch when we were down there 15 years ago (it was our 1st trip to Mexico and we didn't know any better).  we landed and were promised a free ride to the resort, a round of golf and breakfast.  that sales pitch is 2 hours of my life i wish i had back. 
what Madonna said really helped

APR

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 10, 2014, 11:37 AM
Quote from: Furthur fan on Jan 10, 2014, 10:40 AM
I too have the Jacuzzi rooftop but how can there be a rooftop orgy when they put you on the ground floor in an inferior room --not what you paid for.

Does anyone have any ideas of what sort of conversion factor should used to detremine the reimbursement due if we paid for a rooftop orgy but end up having to settle for a ground floor one?

A lot of that depends on the quality of the participants.  So there is no exact conversion factor.

This thread is in my top 5 favorite due to the classic stuff and top 5 least favorite due to the stress level.

I heard you Given2 especially concerning your friends lack of MMJ interest.  Very cool of them to spring for this big trip and meet you there.  Their open mindedness on that front is a good sign that fun is still on the horizon. 

A few inconveniences/problems won't ruin what is going to be an awesome vacation with awesomer concerts.   At least the beach and the ocean should be operational.  And we know there will be a ton of great people..... many I look forward to meeting and many I look forward to seeing again.

ItBeats4Jew

Winter- go read the review - it appears they paid in advance through a travel agent but Hard rock "lost" their prepaid reservation so at checkout they demanded 5k plus or they wouldn't let them catch the bus to the airport to depart.

It beats - I concur I will make the best of it-- BUT we paid for and were promised a "finished" resort when booking-- it is a blatant rip off - if construction fell behind its on them and adjustments to rates should be made--- further I suggest videotaping your checkin /out (with audio) and bringing all your documentation of what you paid and for what type of room. I too have the Jacuzzi rooftop but how can there be a rooftop orgy when they put you on the ground floor in an inferior room --not what you paid for. It is what it is no doubt-- I just want to get the word out that you best cover yourself in every way possible - and document any deficiencies that occur be it not getting the room you booked or anything else. I've never sued anyone but as someone said I'm going to get all litigious (sp?) when I get home if its as bad as it sounds-- to given -- if you don't go and experience a "loss" you have no case. Shit re checkin you have to read todays review--the front desk will promise you anything to get you away from the desk and the next day they will claim they don't know what you're talking about.  Good luck and best wishes and hopefully this is much ado about nothing but I am accepting wagers that the resort part of these adventures are going to be disasters.

Furthur, when the guitar notes from the coda of I Will Sing You Songs are coarsing through my veins or seeing the look on my 7 year old son's face when they tear into the first few licks of O is the One That Is Real (his fave), this other stuff won't really matter.  And I'm guessing when Bobby's singing "like a song that born to soar the sky" with an ocean breeze through your hair and an icy cold margarita in your hand, a little construction here and there won't seem so bad, right? 

scosby2

I'm going to see my favorite band on the beach play three shows with no repeats...I need nothing else

MrWhippy

We also may really be discounting the degree to which this whole construction zone thing could enhance the overall party atmosphere. 

Maybe there will be lots of glues, solvents, and other industrial chemicals lying around just waiting to be huffed.

ItBeats4Jew

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 10, 2014, 01:23 PM
We also may really be discounting the degree to which this whole construction zone thing could enhance the overall party atmosphere. 

Maybe there will be lots of glues, solvents, and other industrial chemicals lying around just waiting to be huffed.

Crispy

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 10, 2014, 01:23 PM

Also, Rooftop Orgy vs. Ground Floor Orgy discount = (numFloorsToRoof - floorOrgyIsOn) * numOrgiers
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

MrWhippy

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 10, 2014, 01:42 PM
Also, Rooftop Orgy vs. Ground Floor Orgy discount = (numFloorsToRoof - floorOrgyIsOn) * numOrgiers

Interesting, Crispy, I myself would envison a more non-linear relationship between the difference in the floors between roof and actual orgy location and the loss in overall orgy value.

Crispy

Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 10, 2014, 01:59 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Jan 10, 2014, 01:42 PM

Interesting, Crispy, I myself would envison a more non-linear relationship between the difference in the floors between roof and actual orgy location and the loss in overall orgy value.

You're right, Senor Whip, let's revise.
(numFloorsToRoof - floorOrgyIsOn) ^ 2 * numOrgiers
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Taterbug

Hey Mr. Whippy   Let me know how your new swimsuit works out. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

e_wind

That dude compared construction noise to an environmental state of life-threatening emergency.

Also, Further.... I'm not going to be sticking my head in any sand or apologizing. I'm not denying that there will be issues. No one is, actually. We're saying that it's not that big if a deal. I've gone to festivals and slept in hot ass tents for 2 hours until the sun came up and had some of the best weekends of my life doing it. There certainly was no fresh fruit, and ground floor orgies became simply ground orgies. Talk about the pits.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mgobugsy

I got a response from Cloud9 Regarding the Airport Transfers:

Hi There

Sorry for the delay!  When you get to the airport you will go through customs and once you are don there you will see a set of glass doors that go out to ground transportation.  Once out side you will see a few guys holding a big MMJ One Big Holiday sign.  The actual company is called Amstar.  They will have your name on a list.  The means of transportation is usually a van but it really depends on how many guests are arriving at the same time.  The shuttle is there all day but you are assigned to one based on your arrival time

Hope this helps

Sassbox

The fact of the matter is that none of us knows what to expect...could be nothing, could be major, could be somewhere in between. People have a right to have concerns about the resort, and dismissing those concerns doesn't do anything but fuel negativity. And it works in the other direction, too...if people feel secure with their booking, no one should be trying to rile them up.

God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

ditty

Quote from: mgobugsy on Jan 10, 2014, 03:02 PM
I got a response from Cloud9 Regarding the Airport Transfers:

Hi There

Sorry for the delay!  When you get to the airport you will go through customs and once you are don there you will see a set of glass doors that go out to ground transportation.  Once out side you will see a few guys holding a big MMJ One Big Holiday sign.  The actual company is called Amstar.  They will have your name on a list.  The means of transportation is usually a van but it really depends on how many guests are arriving at the same time.  The shuttle is there all day but you are assigned to one based on your arrival time

Hope this helps

THANKS!  Very helpful.
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

JTG1975

They betterhave enough robes and lotions for these orgies. I wrote an email to cloud 9 about this, but no response yet.

Sassbox

I heard they leave a 1/2 gallon of leftover refried bean oil in every room during nightly turndown service.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: APR on Jan 10, 2014, 12:45 PM
Quote from: MrWhippy on Jan 10, 2014, 11:37 AM
I too have the Jacuzzi rooftop but how can there be a rooftop orgy when they put you on the ground floor in an inferior room --not what you paid for.

Does anyone have any ideas of what sort of conversion factor should used to detremine the reimbursement due if we paid for a rooftop orgy but end up having to settle for a ground floor one?

A lot of that depends on the quality of the participants.  So there is no exact conversion factor.

All of this orgy talk is moot. Home-flick back there on page 20 reports no fruit at casa-de-death-trap.

No fruit = no orgy
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Fully

Quote from: Sassbox on Jan 10, 2014, 03:44 PM
I heard they leave a 1/2 gallon of leftover refried bean oil in every room during nightly turndown service.

FFS! Whippy and Flake are going to slide off their balcony if there is that much lube!