"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Quote from: jaye on Jan 18, 2014, 11:38 PM
Quote from: Santo on Jan 18, 2014, 10:19 PM

The event is being billed as four music-filled nights, three shows with sea view and a private party with some of the guest musicians, and other "surprise" activities. To attend the event will require a reservation in the accommodation center. About 2,500 are expected. The hotel, we are told, issues day passes for $97 that reportedly includes the hotel's evening shows."

Funny article.  And I wonder if Cloud 9 knows about these day passes.  :grin:

DAY PASS!!!!! (Just kidding, It's just not happening).

rincon2

Thank God for time zone changes. I have to get up at 4:00 AM to get to the airport. If the Sunday show is scheduled for 9:30, that is 7:30 to my body. Every bit helps.

Jenfarr

Also, that article makes it seems like The Flaming Lips are headlining instead of MMJ!  Funny...

JTG1975

Since we see to be done worrying about the hotel condition I'd like to nominate a new concern. The weather...

:angry:

Tuesday looks fubar!!!!!!!'

Seriously though, we NEED good weather

themarsvolta

Quote from: JTG1975 on Jan 19, 2014, 04:29 PM
Since we see to be done worrying about the hotel condition I'd like to nominate a new concern. The weather...

:angry:

Tuesday looks fubar!!!!!!!'

The good news is that it's still about 9 days away... the weather is too unpredictable to worry about that now. Besides... we'll make the best of it I"m sure... as will the boys! ; )

@@

Seriously though, we NEED good weather

JTG1975

themarsvolta

Quote from: JTG1975 on Jan 19, 2014, 07:40 PM
I know. Just playin

Cool!

...everyone have a safe and easy week... Rest up (currently fighting a head cold) and take youz vitamins!

@@

JTG1975

Someone start a Facebook group!

;-)

Getting jealous of the further folks

millerjustin

Quote from: JTG1975 on Jan 20, 2014, 09:54 AM

;-)

Garrett Miller started one months ago - about 130 members now -  look up gluvmiller on FB and send friend request - he can loop you in
What's in here won't disappear

Beans713

Sorry I misunderstood your statement. Thanks JTG the FB group info.

Jamison

is this a different fb than mmj fb?
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

JTG1975

Quote from: millerjustin on Jan 20, 2014, 10:08 AM
Quote from: JTG1975 on Jan 20, 2014, 09:54 AM

;-)

Garrett Miller started one months ago - about 130 members now -  look up gluvmiller on FB and send friend request - he can loop you in

Thanks!!!

ericm

Good luck, and safe travels to everyone going. I hope all the problems have been resolved, and you guys have the time of your lives. Enjoy the shows, and looking forward to some great pics, posts, and videos.  :thumbsup:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

gluvmiller

Yes, i started a private group to give us a place to be freaks and not feel like you're rubbing it in to those not able to attend. i like it to have conversations I don't necessarily want some to see as well. If you want to join, please PM me your email you use for FB and I can send you an invite.
Cheers, G

Oh, and this time next week we'll be recovering from night one  :evil:

JTG1975

How many of you folks are arriving Sunday? On logistics question I have: are they going to allow people to go wander the resort while waiting for a room? I've read conflicting info.

rincon2

Quote from: JTG1975 on Jan 20, 2014, 12:27 PM
How many of you folks are arriving Sunday? On logistics question I have: are they going to allow people to go wander the resort while waiting for a room? I've read conflicting info.
I am going on Sunday. I don't think I would leave my luggage behind, or drag it around with me. Looks like it could be a bit frustrating, but maybe the rush will be on Saturday.

JTG1975

Quote from: rincon2 on Jan 20, 2014, 01:34 PM
I am going on Sunday. I don't think I would leave my luggage behind, or drag it around with me. Looks like it could be a bit frustrating, but maybe the rush will be on Saturday.

Under more conventional circumstances, you give your luggage to the hotel folks and they simply take it to your room, whenever it is ready (and they get to it). Unless you insist of schlepping across the property with your bags, I'm assuming the bell hops are getting involved one way or the other.

Probably should go in the travel tips thread once there is more intel.

jaye

So far the event check in (separate from room check in) is only on Sunday.  Hopefully they'll start it on Saturday to alleviate the lines. 

gluvmiller

Quote from: jaye on Jan 20, 2014, 02:30 PM

My previous experience on a Cloud9 excursion, we showed up a day early and didn't have to check in seperately for the event. Once we checked in, we were all set (except for going back for merch sales that didn't start  until the event check in)

So far the event check in (separate from room check in) is only on Sunday.  Hopefully they'll start it on Saturday to alleviate the lines.