Everyone has their favorites...Best live versions of every song?

Started by missionmmj, Jul 31, 2013, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missionmmj

What are some of your favorite renditions of MMJ songs through the years?

missionmmj

Fully

kolaron

Crayton09

Phone Went West Red Rocks Night 2 2012. somebody even started a thread titled "Mutherfuckin' Phone Went West" saying how damn good it was.

War Begun PC Night 3. WOW!

Off the Record at ACL 2011 was just nuts! plus seeing my friends have their minds blown for the first time by the jacket was priceless. here's a decent video: http://youtu.be/XMJJVJW5UOw
The version from Red Rocks night 1 2012 is really good too, the opening jam is really clean.

Gideon Forecastle '12- first time I saw them play it with the extended jam at the end and really liked that Andrew Bird joined them.

The Dark-Forecastle '12-they opened with this and I thought I wouldn't like it as an opener, but I was definitely proven wrong

OBH-Forecastle '12- probably my fave since Johnny Quaid joined them and the Puppeteers were awesome.

Thank You Too PC night 1

manonthemoon

Victory Dance - Atlanta- Final Four Concert

So much base, I still feel like I am vibrating from that show.
Alive or Just Breathing

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

ItBeats4Jew

Touch Met pt. 2 from the Capitol Theater night 2.  wasn't there so when I first heard the recording, I freaked. 
what Madonna said really helped

Tracy 2112

It's About Twilight Now closed the epic 6/4/2004 set at the 40 Watt. An amazing ending to an amazing night.

Here's the opener that night, Mahgeetah, with the crowd screaming the lyrics and the whole show conducted by Dr. Friedrich von Guggenheim.

My Morning Jacket at the 40 Watt, Mahgeetah
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

subinai

LBSUNFLWR

Phone Went West at Terminal 5!

It's why I chose to go to that show, knowing I could only go to 1, and it was among the best minutes of live music I have ever witnessed!!

Penny Lane

Quote from: subinai on Aug 07, 2013, 10:19 PM
the way that he sings - mann center 8/23/11. thanks dills for capturing

The Way That He Sings - (Mann Center)

oh yeah...nice...is that when giventofly did his run-by..

yes that entire show is one of my favorites (with ynwa front row)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Aug 08, 2013, 10:13 AM
Phone Went West at Terminal 5!

It's why I chose to go to that show, knowing I could only go to 1, and it was among the best minutes of live music I have ever witnessed!!
Agreed!  The Johnny Quaid triple axe Phone was a mind blowing 12+ minutes.

The other 4 that come to mind are ones I've posted or mentioned before where I believe it was the first time they did real extended outro jams on each.

You Wanna Freak Out - 6/20/12 - Oosterport, Groningen
Gideon - 2/6/09 - Quattro, Osaka

and of course TMIGSII and Outta My System from Port Chester
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

Honest Man @ Metropolis, Montreal 2011-07-12

I'm the bald bobbing head just below and left of Jim when he's at the mic.  Man, was my neck sore!

My Morning Jacket -- Honest Man -- Live at the Metropolis, July 12 2011
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 09, 2013, 11:25 AM
Honest Man @ Metropolis, Montreal 2011-07-12

I'm the bald bobbing head just below and left of Jim when he's at the mic.  Man, was my neck sore!

My Morning Jacket -- Honest Man -- Live at the Metropolis, July 12 2011

I think most women can confirm that after a night spent with a bald bobbing head, our necks often are sore.
:drum: