Membership/Renewal Question

Started by paloozajam, Aug 07, 2013, 02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paloozajam

My membership expires on Saturday; I've been a RC member since the beginning (2 yrs) and I'm wondering how do I renew?  Do I buy another 2013 membership even though I already paid for one? Or am I missing something.  Did RC begin in 2011? If so, then I guess I just buy the 2013 one.

Anybody else perplexed by this since the Roll Call started in August (middle of the year)??

Fully

Quote from: paloozajam on Aug 07, 2013, 02:45 PM
My membership expires on Saturday; I've been a RC member since the beginning (2 yrs) and I'm wondering how do I renew?  Do I buy another 2013 membership even though I already paid for one? Or am I missing something.  Did RC begin in 2011? If so, then I guess I just buy the 2013 one.

Anybody else perplexed by this since the Roll Call started in August (middle of the year)??
The one time I renewed I just purchased another roll call membership using the same username/account that I had the old one under.

paloozajam

I should also note that I received the 2012 package and then the 2013 package when I renewed. My packages never got duplicated; however, if I renew now, will I get another 2013 package or is my membership considered a 2014 membership since it will run from 8/11/13 - 8/10/14??

EDIT: looks like memberships did begin in 2011 during Circuital LE Boxset pre-orders....so yeah, just answered my own question. Nevermind.

Mr. White

I looked at my membership status earlier today and found out it expired 3 days ago. I signed up for a new membership today. My big question is about the "1 free live show download redemption code". What concert will it be? When will it be available to download? Will it be something that isn't already available (like the Red Rocks 2011 show we got as members of Roll Call last year)? I hope it isn't your choice of already available shows because I already bought all of them!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

searchinbig

Ground control is at it again. Renewed my subscription and at checkout it said $13.90 for shipping. Edit: AFTER I PAID I was billed $16.45. Does this company continue to suck ass or what? Always a fucking issue.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

YimYodd

I just renewed and cheapest shipping is $16.45!
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

itrainmonkeys

So annoying about the shipping. I remember my Jim James ticket being forced to pay a lot for shipping for an NYC show and it was just sent in a white cardboard envelope thing. WTF?

bigeazyfish

My items in the cart did not include the 7". Anyone know if that comes later?

YimYodd

"My items in the cart did not include the 7". Anyone know if that comes later?"

bigeazy,

I believe the 7" comes at the " end of the year".
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

johnnYYac

Shipping is out of control, the free download currently only applies to the shows currently available, and the 7" is forthcoming. I've emailed ground(ctrl) and MMJ management about the first two issues, with no response. Many new people in management and at ground(ctrl), and they don't seem as interested in my input.

Laminate could have been sent 1st class and poster was in an open tube with crimped ends.  I understand they have three items that ship separately, but they're still overcharging. I've mailed dozens of CDs, DVDs, vinyl, and posters and would never pay that much.

I think the free download is an attempt to draw new Roll Call memberships and attention to the LiveDownloads site, but who here doesn't have 'em all already? 

If it was me, I'd add $10+ to the cost of membership and offer free shipping of all Roll Call swag, MMJ merch, and tickets (Roll Call members don't join to scalp tix).
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mcredder

Didn't realize this til now, but my roll call expired on 6/14/2013. Is it even worth it to renew for the rest of 2013? Will it be active for a year from when I renew, or just through 2013?

If there needs to be a new order for 2014 roll call, I'll probably just wait for that

Fully

Quote from: mcredder on Aug 09, 2013, 02:17 PM
Didn't realize this til now, but my roll call expired on 6/14/2013. Is it even worth it to renew for the rest of 2013? Will it be active for a year from when I renew, or just through 2013?

If there needs to be a new order for 2014 roll call, I'll probably just wait for that

It's active for a year from the time you sign up unless you have time left then they tack it on at the end. I say this based on what happened to me last year.

Tomer

I joined the Roll Call membeship few days ago when they announced the 7' at the end of the year (it's showing in my cart as well). But still didn't get my show download redeem code. I sent a question about it but still didn't get an answer.

Also I live in Israel and the shipping is a bitch, yeah...what can you do. I just hope to get all the stuff soon (and my download show).
"Jim's voice makes Enya sound like a russian couple arguing in a bowling alley"

Fully

Quote from: Tomer on Aug 10, 2013, 04:51 PM
I joined the Roll Call membeship few days ago when they announced the 7' at the end of the year (it's showing in my cart as well). But still didn't get my show download redeem code. I sent a question about it but still didn't get an answer.

Also I live in Israel and the shipping is a bitch, yeah...what can you do. I just hope to get all the stuff soon (and my download show).

If it's how they sent out the Red Rocks show last year, they will just magically appear in your inbox with no warning. It seems as if they send them out all at the same time.

Tomer

Quote from: Fully on Aug 10, 2013, 07:12 PM

If it's how they sent out the Red Rocks show last year, they will just magically appear in your inbox with no warning. It seems as if they send them out all at the same time.
Will check. Thoguht I might get to chose this...anyway, hope it won't be The Capitol, cause I got them already.

Fully

Quote from: Tomer on Aug 11, 2013, 01:38 AM
Quote from: Fully on Aug 10, 2013, 07:12 PM

Will check. Thoguht I might get to chose this...anyway, hope it won't be The Capitol, cause I got them already.

According to the roll call page you do get to choose your show. Last year we didn't. We just got the red rocks 2011 show. What I meant was that they will probably send out the dl codes to get a free dl all at the same time.

LeanneP

Yes, you get to choose. We already have RR and PC3 so I think we'll d/l the New Year's show. Our d/l notice came almost a month later and just suddenly showed up in email one random day.
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Tomer

So I might have some time to wait. And good, cause I need the NYE show...

Thanks for the replies :)

Tomer

I just got an e-mail with my redeem code for the free show. Downloading NYE show right now :)

joey_rogo

OK. Gonna have a good ole bitchfest here. When I attempt to log in it says my account has been disabled and I can't log in. OK. Fine. I'll just make a new account. O wait, for some reason I can't. It literally does nothing and takes me back to the sign in screen. OK. Let's try and just straight up purchase a new roll call account. OK, it's in the cart, time to go to checkout. First you must log in. B-but I can't. Time to contact ground control. I don't feel like talking to a person, because I will be mean and I don't like being mean. So instead I try to send them a message. I categorize my problem as an ACCOUNT ISSUE. Click continue. It brings me to a log in screen in which I must log in TO MY ACCOUNT in order to submit my message about NOT BEING ABLE TO LOG INTO MY ACCOUNT. WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN"T FUCKING LOG IN TO MY ACCOUNT!!! THAT IS THE PROBLEM> WHY WOULD YOU MAKE SOMEONE LOG IN TO AN ACCOUNT TO SUBMIT A QUESTION ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO LOG INTO THEIR ACCOUNT????!?!?!!!

I've been in roll call since the start and I just know this is gonna end up with me not getting the 7", which is all I fucking care about anymore because the presale tix I get from this service have been absolute dick and then I'm gonna have to go buy one on ebay for $250. Then I'm not going to be able to afford new blinds for my front windows and my neighbors 4yr old kids are gonna see my dong because I walk around naked all the time and then I'm going to be sent to jail. Great. Just fucking great ground control. Look what you did. Fuck you.