10 year ago today... IT STILL MOVES!

Started by johnnYYac, Sep 09, 2013, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scosby2

Tracy and I were talking about that last night...really cool how one of my buddies got ISM right when it came out and the band came to town a few months later...it Didnt change my life at the time definitely has since the...In my opinion it will forever the best MMJ album

Y'all got any disco ball back there?

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

APR

My favorite MMJ album and probably my favorite album of all time. 

I had Okonoks for a long time before picking up any other MMJ albums. I didn't hear It Still Moves in full until probably '08.  I doubt I'll ever forget listening to it for the first time in my kitchen while reading the lyrics that came with the CD and thinking how wrong I was in deciphering the words in  Mahgeeta...and how much better the real lyrics are and really throughout the album.

I look forward to checking out those videos when I have time tonight.  Thanks YYac.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Dillsnufus

The first MMJ CD I bought besides Okonokos. I thought I was getting the album with the Bear on it lol
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

joey_rogo

This is where it all began for me. Bought this right when it came out, on a whim. My first exposure to MMJ. It's crazy to think that all the fun adventures I've been on with you folks might not have happened if I had bought something else that day.

Woody

First MMJ record I purchased (@ 2004) and probably my favorite.  :thumbsup:

Mahgeetah34

Here's one for you: Best song on the album and why?

ms. yvon

wow john, this is fab!

i remember the first time i heard a mmj.  it was a song from ISM.  i was walking through my living room and heard a song that made me stop and lean toward the radio:  "I Will Sing You Songs".

when i went to bonnaroo that summer i told my pal suzie, "i want to check out this band."  she stayed napping under a tree, i went to the show.

and here we are.  :beer:
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Sep 12, 2013, 08:41 PM

The only answer for that is Steam Engine!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

refundpolicy

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Oct 05, 2013, 07:33 PM
Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Sep 12, 2013, 08:41 PM

The only answer for that is Steam Engine!

Yes!
I recently met a girl and she had never really listened to MMJ. Despite this glaring hole in her resume, I decided to pursue her because she is very intelligent and pretty.  I did make her listen to MMJ and a week later, when I asked her what she thought, the first song she mentioned as Steam Engine.  She wanted to know what I thought it meant.  I gave some b.s. answers that placated her but I haven't been able to stop thinking about the lyrics for the past two weeks.  It has led to research about Romanticism/Transcedentalism/New Thought a long overdue re-visiting of Thoreau and the discovery of the legend that Galileo--upon his release--looked at the sky and the ground and uttered Epper si muove, or in English, still it moves. 
I suppose that was a very long way of giving my reason why Steam Engine is my favorite song--but the song moves my mind, body and spirit on levels no other song has ever done.

johnnYYac

A year later, and this album must still rank high in the minds of fans.  I'm getting ready to spin one of the 5 versions of vinyl I own (probably the numbered UK pressing) to celebrate ISM's birthday.  With the band is doing their thing, now is a great time to dig in and experience this album. 

Was some shakin and some record playin...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

LB

hell yea I've been rockin out to Mahgeetah and Dancefloors lately  :drum:
no you never gotta fight with me

pattilovesmmj

I think this is my most favorite album by them, but it's so hard to choose.
When I first heard it, I played it over and over so much that I have purchased at least 7 albums :grin:

scosby2

I can't pick a favorite....to me they all belong and are all just as important to the whole album and can stand along just fine by themselves...at T5 One in the Same fit just as well at the end as Mags does to open it...dancefloors and EMR will always have a special place in my heart though

tippitoes22

I'd have to agree with Scosby on this one. Can't pick a favorite... Probably cuz this is possibly one of the rarest birds of all..."A Perfect Album"...?
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

Mr. White

Today, tomorrow, and forever...
It Still Moves!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

EverythingChanges

I remember the long night drive back to my hometown my first year of college when I first really discovered this album.  Steam Engine really hit me...goddamn those shaky knees, the fact that my hearts beating is all the proof you need!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck