Main Menu

Steve Hackett

Started by ericm, Oct 18, 2013, 12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

I was one of the fortunate ones to see Steve on his Genesis Revisited tour last weekend. All tunes from his time in the band - 1970-1977. Which happens to be my all time favorite era of the band. We were treated to an amazing setlist of classic Genesis tunes that no fan could have ever thought they'd get to see live again. All in all a 2:20 set of classic Genesis. Here's the setlist we were treated to:

WATCHER OF THE SKIES
DANCING WITH THE MOONLIT KNIGHT
FLY ON A WINDSHIELD
BROADWAY MELODY OF 1974
THE LAMIA
THE MUSICAL BOX
HORIZONS
BLOOD ON THE ROOFTOPS
UNQUIET SLUMBERS FOR THE SLEEPERS
IN THAT QUIET EARTH
AFTERGLOW
FOUNTAIN OF SALMACIS
I KNOW WHAT I LIKE
DANCE ON A VOLCANO
SUPPER'S READY

Encore:
FIRTH OF FIFTH
LOS ENDOS

Just an amazing day all around for me, from lunch with Steve and his wife Jo, to a block party/mini fest on the street outside the venue, to dinner with some long time Genesis friends/fans. We got an incredible show, and were treated to back stage passes taboot! We got to hang with Steve,and Jo again but this time have a drink and chat with his band as well. I've been blessed to meet, and hang with Steve a few times before, but this day was really special. He made a point of sitting with each and every one of the ten or so of us at lunch, and talked about anything we wanted to know. What I thought was going to be a short preshow meet and greet turned out to be an over two hour sit down lunch with two of the nicest people ever.  :cool:

This was our sixth annual Genesis get together, and one that's going to be hard to top. 2017 in London has got it's work cut out for it. :wink:

Here's a clip from Steve's show last Saturday at the Keswick Theater in Philly. This closed the main set, and a couple of minor power failures with the mic, but very cool to hear the crowd carry the tune.

Steve finished "Suppers Ready" off with an amazing extended guitar solo that is a must see/ hear for any Genesis fan

Steve Hackett - Apocalypse in 9/8 from "Suppers Ready" Genesis Revisited Tour 2013 10/12/13
"Where's Jim going?"

Crispy

WOW. I *almost* forgive you for not going to the Wolf People show with us.  :thumbsup:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ericm

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 18, 2013, 01:08 PM
WOW. I *almost* forgive you for not going to the Wolf People show with us.  :thumbsup:

That was the only negative of the day for me. Believe me, I tried my best to meetup with you guys. The day turned into so much more than I thought it was going to be. I never expected that long lunch, and then planned on seeing you guys after the show, but was surprised again with being able to hang backstage after the show.

Once we finally left the venue we ended up at a great little pub in Jenkintown, that I know you'll be proud to hear we took over the juke box and didn't leave til we closed the joint!   :thumbsup:

Next time for sure.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Here's another clip from Philly. Couldn't find one of these from the Saturday Keswick show, so this is from Friday, with  Steve playing some sweet acoustic guitar. A real treat to see for me as Genesis never performed BOTR live.  :thumbsup:

Horizons/Blood On The Rooftops:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jeiY6W3Zxs0
"Where's Jim going?"