5. Either part of Lay Low
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

weeniebeenie

I don't have a particular order for them but I'd love to learn:

Both Lay Low guitar parts
Honest Man
Evelyn
Pedal steel on any MMJ song
Jim's solo on OBH (I can some what play the Johnny/Carl leads-not great)
How loud can silence get?

EverythingChanges

Sort of off topic, but what do you guys see as their most difficult song to master musically?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

weeniebeenie

It's hard to say. Most of the songs have simple chords but they'll add all this amazing bass, guitar, drums and keyboard that make it sound so good. I don't think you could put it down to one song.
How loud can silence get?

mai309

Jim's solo on One Big Holiday is pretty hard but once you get it down it isn't too bad. Most of the songs can be played with easy chords, even open chords.

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 01, 2013, 03:43 PM
Sort of off topic, but what do you guys see as their most difficult song to master musically?
I do play guitar, and I have learned a ton of MMJ but War Begun still eludes me. I don't think my girl hands are big enough for some of those chords.
We understand it's the '90s.

gardenparty

probably Off the Record live.  I love the Sing You Songs solos as well

their solos aren't extremely technical.  they just make good use of pedals and always pick the best notes available

pattilovesmmj

I've played guitar since the age of 12 and I play some of their songs, but I'm lazy so I have picked out the easiest songs to learn:

Steam Engine
The Bear
Wonderful
Golden
The way that he sings
New Morning
Carl's song Don't get carried away

All easy to play and fun to sing
My dream song is - I will sing you songs - to me - the beginning chord on the live version is perfectly tuned and one of the most beautiful chords I have ever heard.

ffghtrs

Run Thru is a fun tune to play but i really want to be able to rock Lay Low and Dondante
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?