The not at OBH support group.

Started by tbear, Jan 25, 2014, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Jan 26, 2014, 01:13 PM
Quote from: ericm on Jan 26, 2014, 01:11 PM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 26, 2014, 01:08 PM
He says he has an artist's edition on silver paper Eric.

I'm sure Kyle is lovin' it! :cool: happy for those who get their hands on this baby.  :beer:

This must be what blue balls feels like.

Pretty much.   
"Where's Jim going?"

tbear

Yeah, a dull, poignant ache that you can't quite place.

ericm

I imagine this must be similar to how those who couldn't get to T5 felt.  Only colder being here in NJ during Winter.  :tongue:
"Where's Jim going?"

wolof7

This support group should make MMJ OBH blue ball patches.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

johnnYYac

Hi.  My name is John.  I'm not going because I wanted to experience the coldest temperatures of my 46 year life in my new home of Iowa City.

Actually, I seem to make a habit of missing the big MMJ events.  Never been to Red Rocks.  Never been to a no-repeat run, such as Port Chester or Wiltern LA.  Only made it to the last night of T5, a great time but probably the least exciting of the week.

OBH was just too much at the wrong time.  We moved to Iowa City for my wife's job in August '13.  I had a job lined up but, when I arrived, found that they filled it without informing me.  Unable to find a teaching position, I've been subbing.  We're trying to live on half the income we had in NH, so plunking down $1000s on OBH would have been just plain irresponsible. 

I've got a wife and three beautiful daughters who put up with a lot when it comes to my obsession with MMJ.  I've missed my wife's and youngest daughter's birthdays two years in a row for MMJ shows.  When I do travel for shows, my wife has to take time off to make up for my absence.

Someday, everything will fall into place and I'll make a major MMJ event.  I did make Forecastle '12 and NYE Boston, and any chance to see my fellow MMJ forum pals is a treat that can't be beat!

I hope this week is epic beyond all imagination for those in Mexico.  Sigh...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

John, knowing you are being responsible kind of sucks doesn't it? That's why I'm not there either. However McLovin is there and way more drool worthy, rumors are flying that Bill Murray and Zachary Galiafinakis or however you spell his name is there too. Most importantly, most of my MMJ family is there without me.

Who is making that blue balls patch. Sign me up for one!

wolof7

If Bill Murray is there I am leaving my wife and daughter and heading down (j/k, or am I?)

Fully

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 26, 2014, 02:01 PM
If Bill Murray is there I am leaving my wife and daughter and heading down (j/k, or am I?)

Your daughter will never remember, but your wife will never forget. Just trying to talk you off the ledge.

wolof7

Quote from: Fully on Jan 26, 2014, 02:06 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 26, 2014, 02:01 PM

Your daughter will never remember, but your wife will never forget. Just trying to talk you off the ledge.

I feel she'll get it once i tell her "Bill Murray and MMJ are in the same place at the same time."

Fully

If he's really there, that would be insane.

Fully

They are sound checking right now. First up I'm Amazed.
Golden

And that's all they sound checked. They're playing it close to the vest.

Fully

From somebody who I have no idea if they are on the forum

spence

Thanks for posting the updates Fully.  I'm looking forward to checking these updates over the next couple days.

oistheone

Yes, thanks for the updates. I look forward to checking these updates every few minutes over the next couple days.

Fully

I'll do it as much as I can. I don't know how much info is going to make it back to me.

Fully

This one is from millerjustin

oistheone

Any key accounts to follow on Instagram or Twitter?

subinai

this thread is keeping the FOMO at bay. can't wait for the setlists, youtube videos, and the eventual bootlegs to surface.

spence

Especially the bootlegs, how long do you think it will take to release?  Port Chester was fast, I think they came the next day after each show.

Fully

Bob Weir has been sighted by attendees!!