The not at OBH support group.

Started by tbear, Jan 25, 2014, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbear

Hi-

"My name is Ted and I am not in Mexico seeing MMJ"

"Hi Ted."

"It is not easy for me to admit this, but I wonder where I went wrong..."

So bummed not to be there, but it is not always in the cards. Work, family, among other things, come first sometimes, but, damn, this is one trip I wish I could have swung.

I take solace in the fact that this is a band just entering its prime, and that there will be many more great moments to come.

To all you SOB: may it exceed your wildest expectations!

wolof7

Hi Ted and others I'm Matt.

I also am not in the warm embrace of Mexico with MMJ and friends. I am in the northeast. My wife and I had our first child in early January. No better excuse for us not to be there otherwise we both would be present. I am not complaining, having a child has been such a remarkable experience thus far its indescribable (sp?).

Still a part of me is certainly missing out being down ole Mexico way jamming out to my favorite band with the best group of fans I've come across in my musical journeys.

Anyways great thread, thanks for the support its great to be here.

For those in Mexico send some warming MMJ vibes to the frigid northeast for me and my family, can't wait for the updates!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Fully

Here's the update so far: There is a good breakfast buffet located on the Heaven side of the complex. That is all.

wolof7

Quote from: Fully on Jan 26, 2014, 09:00 AM
Here's the update so far: There is a good breakfast buffet located on the Heaven side of the complex. That is all.

Yeah what is that about? Unless the band is still playing? Damn
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Fully

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 26, 2014, 09:20 AM

Yeah what is that about? Unless the band is still playing? Damn

I'm in a group text with a bunch of people. I'll share the really interesting parts like the above. Also, everyone misses us and wishes we all were there.

ericm

Hey, this is a support thread, not a stick the knife in deeper one.  :wink:

What times are our support meetings scheduled for?  I think I'm going to need at least a couple a day to get through missing OBH!  :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Jan 26, 2014, 09:47 AM

What times are our support meetings scheduled for?  I think I'm going to need at least a couple a day to get through missing OBH!  :grin:

I'm listening to Grateful Dead all day and trying to avoid Facebook. That's my support group strategy. The group text is going to be useful when they start sending pics or show deets.

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Jan 26, 2014, 09:52 AM
Quote from: ericm on Jan 26, 2014, 09:47 AM

I'm listening to Grateful Dead all day and trying to avoid Facebook. That's my support group strategy. The group text is going to be useful when they start sending pics or show deets.

I like your thinking there.  :thumbsup:  I might have to do a Bruce day today to lift my spirits. Then a Dead day,  Genesis day, etc to get me through the rest. Support thread paying off already!!  :cool:

"Where's Jim going?"

crooney

hi all,

my name is chris.  swimmin in a sea of jealousy, but similar boat to wolof.  my wife had our second child late decemeber so gratefully hibernating for a while.  would love to be south of the border with the band and friends, but holding my little girl certainly helps.

wishing for a great time for all.  any and all updates and pics are much appreciated!!

are others in the support group thinking that recordings of the show will be available for download shortly after the shows, ala port chester?  hoping and praying.....

The DARK

I sure hope so. I would imagine that the guys are acutely aware of the rest of us folk who couldn't make it out there.

I'm afraid I myself won't be in the avoidance boat... I want to savor whatever tidbits we get about the new album, no matter how small! In the meantime, I'm listening to Evil Urges and Circuital, which I sadly haven't picked up in a while. I've forgotten how much I liked each of them.
In another time, in another place, in another face

tbear

Ok. If I get on a plane now. I can make it by, what, Tyrone?

(No. I will just you-tube PoCho Steam Engine.)

Fully

Quote from: tbear on Jan 26, 2014, 11:48 AM
Ok. If I get on a plane now. I can make it by, what, Tyrone?

(No. I will just you-tube PoCho Steam Engine.)
I went through that stage big time yesterday and Friday. I'm better now. They have luchadore patches.

tbear

Haaaa! How many stages are there? I'm still in denial!

Mr. White

Quote from: The DARK on Jan 26, 2014, 11:23 AM
I sure hope so. I would imagine that the guys are acutely aware of the rest of us folk who couldn't make it out there.

I'm afraid I myself won't be in the avoidance boat... I want to savor whatever tidbits we get about the new album, no matter how small! In the meantime, I'm listening to Evil Urges and Circuital, which I sadly haven't picked up in a while. I've forgotten how much I liked each of them.

Hi everyone. I'm John.
("Hi John")

I also am hoping and praying we get to buy the recordings for these super special shows. It would KILL ME if we can't! I too will be checking in ALL THE TIME to find out what's going on. I especially will be interested in the photos and videos. I have already started a folder of pictures (starting with the few Fully already forwarded last night in the main OBH thread). As far as what to listen to while I wait for updates...I have been digging out some of my new and old albums. I started thinking about Goin' To Acapulco, since I have made myself a CD of MMJ cover songs, and that is one I suggested they play at OBH. So, I dug out my old vinyl copy of The Basement Tapes that I hardly ever listened to in the past (I got it as part of 200 record albums I purchased from a friend back in 1985 when he was in need of some quick cash). It sounded better than I remembered. I'm also listening to the new Official Bootleg from 12/2/2011 - San Francisco quite a bit and Ben Sollee's new album I picked up on vinyl at his show at Headliners, and my new copy of the repressing of Chocolate and Ice.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Fully

Oh god. The poster is beautiful.

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Jan 26, 2014, 12:36 PM
Oh god. The poster is beautiful.

I swear checking in on this is like watching the old Batman TV show. WHAM! BOOF! POW!  :grin:

This poster info is just the first punch.
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Fully

He says he has an artist's edition on silver paper Eric.

ericm

Quote from: Fully on Jan 26, 2014, 01:08 PM

I'm sure Kyle is lovin' it! :cool: happy for those who get their hands on this baby.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: ericm on Jan 26, 2014, 01:11 PM
Quote from: Fully on Jan 26, 2014, 01:08 PM

I'm sure Kyle is lovin' it! :cool: happy for those who get their hands on this baby.  :beer:

This must be what blue balls feels like.