Band of Horses Acoustic At The Ryman

Started by Willard1979, Feb 15, 2014, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willard1979

Does anyone else here love this as much as I do?!  It's incredible!  I just wish there were more songs.  Love this band!  :thumbsup:

MrWhippy

Yes, I listened to it last night for the first time and think it is amazing.  Particularly Marry Song, Detlef Schrempf, Factory and Wicked Gil. 
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

APR

Gotta go check it out.  Thanks for the reminder.  They have been off my radar since their last two albums of which I wasn't a fan.

Willard1979

I think this album blows away all of their studio albums. I think they should stick with the Acoustics for their next album. It is SO beautiful!   :shocked:

LBSUNFLWR

Been loving it as well.  :thumbsup:
Listened every day since I got it a few days ago.

Willard1979

Listening to this album has made me appreciate Mirage Rock more.  Songs like Slow Cruel Hands Of Time are amazing on this album!  :thumbsup:

Ob1jacobe

Album is great.   I absolutely love their first two.  Infinite Arms grew on me.  I think Mirage Rock was uneven at best but agree that Acoustic at the Ryman highlights what worked on that album.  Slow Cruel Hand is a great jam.

I almost bought this at my local record star but wanted to wait until i listened to it to see if it was worth it.  If anyone owns on vinyl i would like to know how it sounds.

pattilovesmmj

Their show at the Vic theatre this past Wednesday was really wonderful.  Their casual, laid back and fun style was great.  The acoustics were great and their harmonies were spot on.
If you get a chance to see them, you should go..................Detlef Schrempf was absolutely beautiful.

johnnYYac

Album vinyl sounds great, Obi Wan Jacobe.  Very pleased with it.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ob1jacobe

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 21, 2014, 10:09 PM
Album vinyl sounds great, Obi Wan Jacobe.  Very pleased with it.

I ordered from amazon but it's on back order so still don't have it.  :angry:  went back to local record store and they we spinning it there.  Sounds fantastic but guess I have to wait on amazon now.

Jeff Murray

For some reason this band has kind of dropped from my musical landscape... I like the first two albums but just couldn't connect with the one's they put out since.  I was hoping the Live at Ryman Acoustic would change that but it hasn't.  Especially since I saw the them play a couple of shows during their Cease to Begin tour and enjoyed them.  I guess my tastes have changed since then.  Still glad to see they are doing well.
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

dmooney99

bought it today but haven't listened to it yet.  Just decided to see them on Saturday in philly.