New interview -- album maybe ready for fall???

Started by oistheone, Feb 20, 2014, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

Great read over at the Kentucky Project:

http://thekentuckyproject.com/2014/02/20/jimjames/

Main nugget is that they're "hoping" it will "maybe" come "out" in the "fall".

bartel

Fall works for me but was hoping for a little earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oistheone

Ditto. But now I'm clearing my schedule accordingly.

searchinbig

LOVE this interview. Thanks for posting!  :thumbsup:

"Imagine a world where CEO's and corporations took pride in treating their employees right? Everyone, including the CEO's at the top of the food chain, would eventually benefit from this..."
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

bartel

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 20, 2014, 12:18 PM
Ditto. But now I'm clearing my schedule accordingly.

good point can now foresee a tour in the fall.. atleast we know a tour won't happen until maybe late sept

Crispy

Quote from: searchinbig on Feb 20, 2014, 12:25 PM
LOVE this interview. Thanks for posting!  :thumbsup:

"Imagine a world where CEO's and corporations took pride in treating their employees right? Everyone, including the CEO's at the top of the food chain, would eventually benefit from this..."

I want to live in that imaginary world too, but CEOs and corporations (stockholders) benefit so inordinately much from the current system of exploitation, and they aren't about to change that of their own accord.  Good for Jim for being enthusiastic about pointing out their greed, and helping to bring about change; infrastructure, education, and energy are exactly where it needs to happen!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

kotchishm

If it's a fall tour where would they play in DC? 9:30 too small, Verizon too big. Silver Spring Fillmore?
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

subinai

Quote from: kotchishm on Feb 20, 2014, 01:29 PM
If it's a fall tour where would they play in DC? 9:30 too small, Verizon too big. Silver Spring Fillmore?

depending on the month, merriweather?

kotchishm

Quote from: subinai on Feb 20, 2014, 03:42 PM
Quote from: kotchishm on Feb 20, 2014, 01:29 PM

depending on the month, merriweather?

Yeah, sorry wasn't clear. If it were late like winter. I guess perfect size would be Patriot Center that seats about ~10,000
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

gardenparty

Quote from: oistheone on Feb 20, 2014, 11:49 AM
Main nugget is that they're "hoping" it will "maybe" come "out" in the "fall".

I got a boner :beer:

GO4IT

If they come to the Baltimore-DC area in the Fall, it would be nice to see them take up residency at the Hippodrome:  http://www.france-merrickpac.com/home.html
Looks like there are plenty of open dates in Nov and Dec.

Then they can move on to Port Chester, and take up residency there between X_Mas and New Years :cool: :thumbsup: :cheesy:

Come Closer

Is DAR too small at this point? They played there in 08. I could see the Patriot Center.

oistheone

Tucker Martine has been posting photos from more recording sessions, and in addition to Pat laying down some polyrhythms on funky percussion last week, there was a photo today of a string trio about to record! So we can expect some string content. Exciting!

BigHerm

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Shug

Seems like they moved the sessions up to Portland for overdubs? 
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

parkervb

Quote from: Shug on Apr 17, 2014, 05:29 PM

Portlandia cameo please.
Don't you ever turn it off

LB

man i'm having some withdrawals looking at those pics
no you never gotta fight with me

EverythingChanges

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 18, 2014, 09:32 AM
Quote from: Shug on Apr 17, 2014, 05:29 PM

Portlandia cameo please.

That'd be great
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck