Lockn' Festival - Sept 4-7, Oak Ridge Farms, VA

Started by Santo, Mar 04, 2014, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: manonthemoon on Aug 27, 2014, 11:10 AM
Did they ever clear up the whole VA ABC issue they were having?  I heard they hadn't received a license about a month ago and it wasn't sure if they would be allowed to serve.

i thought for sure they would get past that hurdle, so I had to check and they may not be able to.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/virginia/abc-license-revoked-for-nelson-county-s-lockn-festival-concessionaire/article_90c5875e-98ee-54cc-a6fd-0e5f84327cf4.html

"This is the initial decision and the revocation will not be enacted until a final Board Order is issued (if it is appealed and the initial decision is upheld by the Board)," she said. "Given that the appeal period runs through the end of August, it is improbable that the Board would issue its final order before the September Lockn' Festival date.

:angry: :cry:

ya know, after reading that, that's a good thing since they are under appeal and final decision won't be handed down before the festie
Don't you ever turn it off

e_wind

They announced a the list of breweries featured, so it seems they'll be serving beer.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 27, 2014, 10:48 AM
Quote from: ajclements004 on Aug 27, 2014, 12:56 AM
About a week away now!  Can't wait!  Hope to see some of you there as well  :beer:

for sure! We're car camping.  Where are you staying?

I'm car camping as well, but I don't have a canopy and it looks like its gonna be HOT still, so I'm thinking of buying forrest camping

parkervb

Quote from: e_wind on Aug 28, 2014, 12:53 AM
About a week away now!  Can't wait!  Hope to see some of you there as well  :beer:

I'm car camping as well, but I don't have a canopy and it looks like its gonna be HOT still, so I'm thinking of buying forrest camping

thinking of picking up one of these for $50

http://www.lowes.com/pd_402001-52741-TSF810-BLACK_0__?productId=3881533&Ntt=canopy&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dcanopy&facetInfo=

ajclements004

That is what we are doing as well!  I believe the acoustic stage is located there.

parkervb

Quote from: ajclements004 on Aug 29, 2014, 08:38 AM

That is what we are doing as well!  I believe the acoustic stage is located there.

looks like there is a ton of car parking so depends on where you end up, you could be near acoustic stage or you could be near Shakedown stage.  Bought my pop up tent for $50 today.  Going to spend this weekend getting the rest of my stuff ready.

e_wind

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 29, 2014, 11:19 AM
Quote from: ajclements004 on Aug 29, 2014, 08:38 AM

looks like there is a ton of car parking so depends on where you end up, you could be near acoustic stage or you could be near Shakedown stage.  Bought my pop up tent for $50 today.  Going to spend this weekend getting the rest of my stuff ready.

I bought a pop up canopy yesterday too. It was cheaper than buying forrest camping.

I don't have a day off between now and thursday... I can't wait for 5 days off and this festival

parkervb

e_wind

Well I hope this doesn't turn into everyone being stuck in some mud, unable to leave come Monday morning.

e_wind

30 hours and I'll be on my way. Hell yeah

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

parkervb

back at work this AM.  what a weekend.  Quick thoughts:  Keller's Grateful Grass/Gospel sets were amazing, late night sets ruled most particularly Bustle In Your Hedgerow (holy shit!), WSP with Winwood totally owned Saturday night (sorry Petty), Tauk blew me away, Wilco's sets were fantastic, Gary Clark!!!!!. 

e_wind

Music was great all weekend, but Lockn had to have been the worst festival atmosphere I've ever seen. We got a hotel Saturday night and left Sunday after wilco because it was so hot and I was so tired of seeing a bunch of people on ketamine and acid stumbling around. The whole festival setup seeming very half-assed, too. I'm attributing it to the fact that it's still a young festival. In the end it was a much better weekend than a weekend at home, but I don't see myself going back. I think I learned that a weekend of non-stop jam bands just isn't for me.

More positively- Wilcos sets and WSP with Winwood were my highlights.

Angelo

How was the crowd for Wilco? I'm curious what all of the jamband fans thought.

parkervb

Quote from: Angelo on Sep 08, 2014, 10:50 PM

fairly indifferent IMO. There was definitely some folks into it but most were just holding down spots til the next jamband.  But I didn't really get too close during their sets so they could have been going off up front.

iLikeBeer

Did you guys see Chris Robinson Brotherhood?  I just saw them last night in Cleveland for the first time and they did NOT disappoint!   :cheesy:   :beer:

Angelo

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 09, 2014, 10:35 AM
Quote from: Angelo on Sep 08, 2014, 10:50 PM

fairly indifferent IMO. There was definitely some folks into it but most were just holding down spots til the next jamband.  But I didn't really get too close during their sets so they could have been going off up front.
Indifference does not surprise me at all.

Santo

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 08, 2014, 12:01 PM
back at work this AM.  what a weekend.  Quick thoughts:  Keller's Grateful Grass/Gospel sets were amazing, late night sets ruled most particularly Bustle In Your Hedgerow (holy shit!), WSP with Winwood totally owned Saturday night (sorry Petty), Tauk blew me away, Wilco's sets were fantastic, Gary Clark!!!!!.

Glad you guys had a great time. I wish I could have seen the Bustle in Your Hedgerow set. What did you guys think of the Umphrey's or Letuce sets?

parkervb

Quote from: Santo on Sep 12, 2014, 11:53 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Sep 08, 2014, 12:01 PM

Glad you guys had a great time. I wish I could have seen the Bustle in Your Hedgerow set. What did you guys think of the Umphrey's or Letuce sets?

i missed those.  I've heard and watched enough UM to know they aren't my cup of tea.  Yea, Bustle was something else.  The crowd was massive for a 2am show