Lockn' Festival - Sept 4-7, Oak Ridge Farms, VA

Started by Santo, Mar 04, 2014, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

To anyone going, don't miss Cabinet if you can help it. They are from my hometown and I've been seeing them for years tear up the little Jazz Cafe just a mile from my house. They are getting better and better and they're really making a name for themselves. I'm not surprised to see them on a bill like this, I just thought they were a couple of years away. It's not fair to call them just bluegrass, and it's not fair to call them "jamgrass." Cabinet really is on some other shit and their shows are guaranteed to have a few face-melting moments. I'm curious to hear how their sound translates to this type of venue. Regardless there should be a lot more Cabinet fans after Lockn.

There's only three bands I've seen at least 10 times each, My Morning Jacket, Wilco, and Cabinet. Don't miss them! :thumbsup:

Santo

Holy Shit, they just added Furthur. They were scheduled for a hiatus after "Furthur Paradise Awaits." Its their only other 2014 show.

I'm thinking that they are going to add a few acts to Thursday. Only three confirmed headliners, so maybe one more? Neil Young?

radiatortunes

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 30, 2014, 11:14 AM
I'm just debating whether or not to get a full Tier 1 pass right now, and eat a bit of the cost, or just hope that single-day tickets go on sale eventually. I hate how they never give details in regards to single-day sales!

FWIW, someone on the Wilco FB page said that last year the Fest started selling single-day passes in August. I have to book a flight and hotel so I think I'll just cave and buy the 4-day pass and be done with it!

parkervb

That Saturday lineup is...is...awesome. 
Don't you ever turn it off

oistheone

Did anyone go to this last year, and hotel+shuttle instead of camp?

e_wind

I just looked at the line up again, and I bought tickets. It's just too good to pass up.

A friend of mine went last year and basically said its a great festival. I had heard that camping is really far away from the stage, but he reassured me that it's a great time.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

parkervb

Quote from: e_wind on May 12, 2014, 08:56 PM
I just looked at the line up again, and I bought tickets. It's just too good to pass up.

A friend of mine went last year and basically said its a great festival. I had heard that camping is really far away from the stage, but he reassured me that it's a great time.

that's awesome! i can't wait.  It does seem the camping lots are a solid walk from the stage area but they encourage people to bring bikes and I believe I read there will be bike racks near the entrance. 

Santo

Quote from: parkervb on May 13, 2014, 09:10 AM
Quote from: e_wind on May 12, 2014, 08:56 PM

that's awesome! i can't wait.  It does seem the camping lots are a solid walk from the stage area but they encourage people to bring bikes and I believe I read there will be bike racks near the entrance.

We did a lot of hand-wringing over the camping locations. The forest camping looks pretty cozy but there is more space in the car camping. We ended up getting the preferred camping, because my mother-in-law is coming too and we wanted to cut down on the walking.

By the way, it looks like June 1 is the last day to get $250 tickets. Ticket prices will increase to $285 on June 2.

parkervb

ajclements004

parkervb

e_wind

String Cheese and the Gang!!!!
so excited for that.

parkervb

Santo

Unfortunately, we had to bail on this one. Everything was set, tickets and all. We ended up moving this summer and it ruined all of our travelling concert plans. I hope to hear some reports from folks that are going.

parkervb

Quote from: Santo on Aug 26, 2014, 12:38 AM
Unfortunately, we had to bail on this one. Everything was set, tickets and all. We ended up moving this summer and it ruined all of our travelling concert plans. I hope to hear some reports from folks that are going.

true bummer.  I had our group get thinned by a busted car & a baby on the way.  It may just be me and Capt Scotty.

e_wind

I'll be there. This festival was going to be my first time seeing any form of Phil and Bob play together, so I'm a bit bummed about Further. That wasn't my main draw by any means though, and I'm still really excited! It's only like 10 days away now! I haven't been to a camping festival since MMJ played Wakarusa in 2011. CANT WAIT.

Santo

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 26, 2014, 08:11 AM
Quote from: Santo on Aug 26, 2014, 12:38 AM

true bummer.  I had our group get thinned by a busted car & a baby on the way.  It may just be me and Capt Scotty.

Definitely disappointing. We broke down during the move and needed multiple repairs. That pretty much wiped out all of our plans. Hopefully, the move enables more trips next year. The Bob Weir cancellations definitely sucks, but it helped us out. We were able to get refunds. On the other hand, the Bill Kreutzmann and Lettuce additions would have been nice to see.

ajclements004

About a week away now!  Can't wait!  Hope to see some of you there as well  :beer:

parkervb

Quote from: ajclements004 on Aug 27, 2014, 12:56 AM
About a week away now!  Can't wait!  Hope to see some of you there as well  :beer:

for sure! We're car camping.  Where are you staying?

manonthemoon

Did they ever clear up the whole VA ABC issue they were having?  I heard they hadn't received a license about a month ago and it wasn't sure if they would be allowed to serve.
Alive or Just Breathing