Lockn' Festival - Sept 4-7, Oak Ridge Farms, VA

Started by Santo, Mar 04, 2014, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santo

Lockn' rounded out the week by adding Hot Tuna, Umphrey's McGee, Grateful Grass (Keller Williams, Jeff Austin, and Keith Moseley), and Grateful Gospel (another Keller Williams stint).

I'm loving this lineup. I have wanted to see Umphrey's for a while and now I will see them 3 times this summer. Twice over the 4th weekend and at Lockn.

Getting back to what Parker and Angelo were saying. I am flabbergasted by all the hate on the Facebook page. Only Hot Tuna and Keller Williams avoided the trolling. Even Umphrey's got hit hard. I thought they would have appeased some the traditional jamband crowd. You would think that people would want a diverse lineup instead of the standard festy fare.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised though, it is the internet.

Santo

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 08, 2014, 11:03 AM
Damn, this lineup is really rounding into form!

With the Wilco add, I'm starting to think maybe Petty ain't comin'. BUTTTTT, OSL is announcing their lineup today -- one that Petty is all-but-guaranteed to headline -- and I'm hoping that once that's confirmed, the Petty summer tour floodgates will open and the dates will flow like mad.

I'm still holding out hope for Petty. Both the Wilco and Petty rumors came from the same dude.

oistheone

I'm also holding out hope for Petty. Seems like a legit rumor, and given that Petty hasn't announced his tour yet, maybe they're just waiting for that!

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 21, 2014, 09:50 AM
more announcements this week

DBT announced this morning, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Wood Bros and Del McCoury also announced

capt. scotty

not too shabby, although i was hoping for Petty..ill probly be up there
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Santo

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 24, 2014, 12:10 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Apr 21, 2014, 09:50 AM
more announcements this week

DBT announced this morning, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Wood Bros and Del McCoury also announced

Hopefully there will be some collaboration with Preservation Hall and Del McCoury.

Gene Ween's new band "FREEMAN" should be announced soon. He has it posted on his website already.

Santo

Tom Petty and the Heart breakers officially announced!

oistheone

PETTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My greatest dreams have now been realized!

I am SO FUCKING IN for this! WOOO!

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

parkervb

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 29, 2014, 12:02 PM
PETTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My greatest dreams have now been realized!

I am SO FUCKING IN for this! WOOO!

i'll be there! might need to set up a roll call

bigloop

Getting better and better.  Now, come on Neil!  Make up for last year, dammit!!

LBSUNFLWR

:thumbsup: yeah, this is some sweet line-up!
Little far for me, but sounds so great. Have fun!!

e_wind

Wilco sealed the deal for me, but Tom Petty and DBT have sweetened the deal.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Santo

Some interesting additions over the weekend too. There were a couple of bluegrass acts (Cabinet and Larry Keel w/Sam Bush), a Zeppelin cover band (Bustle in Your Hedgerow), Tedeschi Trucks, and they announced Phil Lesh's Friends (Warren Haynes, Joe Russo, John Scofield, and John Medeski).

Joe Russo is the drummer for Bustle in Your Hedgerow, so he'll be one of the busy guys at Lockn'. I have not heard them before this announcement, but it looks like they put on a great show. September can't get here soon enough.

http://youtu.be/46MLlFo-Hl0

oistheone

Bustle In Your Hedgerow is amazing! One of the sneaky-awesome acts on the lower-half of this bill. Last year they played at Bonnaroo until the early hours of the morning, and even brought out Brittany from Alabama Shakes to sing a couple tunes. Really looking forward to that set.

radiatortunes

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 29, 2014, 06:42 PM
Wilco sealed the deal for me, but Tom Petty and DBT have sweetened the deal.

This is pretty much me, too. Any guesses as to who's going to play when, and when the fest will reveal this? Also, does anyone know what accommodations are like in the area (apart from camping?) Thanks.

oistheone

Here is the day-by-day breakdown:

I am encountering some difficulty getting the Thursday and Friday off work, so I may book it Friday after my shift and make it down for Saturday and Sunday, which for my tastes, are the best two days of the weekend! I'm just debating whether or not to get a full Tier 1 pass right now, and eat a bit of the cost, or just hope that single-day tickets go on sale eventually. I hate how they never give details in regards to single-day sales!

radiatortunes

Hey, thanks very much for posting the schedule.  :cool:

I'm sort of in the same boat, I'm focussing on Sat and Sun as it would take me an entire day just to get to VA and I can't be away for too long. I don't really want to miss DBT on Fri, though. I just saw them last week and they're on fire!

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck