Lockn' Festival - Sept 4-7, Oak Ridge Farms, VA

Started by Santo, Mar 04, 2014, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santo

I am getting really excited about this fest. Only a few bands are announced, but they are literally adding more every day. As of now, these are confirmed:

Bob Weir & Rat Dog
Gary Clark Jr.
Phil Lesh & Friends
Widespread Panic (x2, Steve Winwood sitting in one night)
The Allman Brothers Band
The String Cheese Incident (x2)
Willie Nelson

Rumors on the Phish board predict Wilco and Grace Potter will be added this week. The same rumor correctly predicted Gary Clark Jr and Steve Winwood. Here is the quote from posternutbag16:

"I have a friend who just met Dave Frey.. said they will be announcing Gary Clark Jr., Steve Winwood, Wilco, and Grace Potter and the Nocturnals this week. In talks with UM, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, and Neil Young/Crazy Horse."

I know its a pipe dream, but early September is close to fall. Maybe they will add a MMJ , or god help us My Morning Incident.

Santo

Grace Potter & the Nocturnals added today.  The rumor is now 3 for 3. If it continues to go to form, Wilco will be added tomorrow or Friday.

parkervb

If Wilco or Petty is added, there is nothing that will keep me away from this
Don't you ever turn it off

ajclements004

This will be the best festival of the year.

e_wind

I bought tickets last year and had to bail cause all my friends bailed. If they announce Wilco, I'll have to try and rally again.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Santo

Lockn's' Facebook says no more announcements until next week. Hope the Wilco rumor still comes true.

oistheone

Damn, if Wilco and any combo of Neil or Petty were added, I may not be able to resist! Petty supposedly has a new album coming out but he's been pretty quiet so I'd be surprised if he were added. Neil, however, will be doing dates all summer and I know they have an offer out to him and the Horse. Here's hoping they accept after what happened last year!

oistheone

I'm hopin' we get an announcement today! This lineup is one Neil away from getting me to pull the trigger on tickets.

parkervb

Quote from: oistheone on Mar 11, 2014, 08:55 AM
I'm hopin' we get an announcement today! This lineup is one Neil away from getting me to pull the trigger on tickets.

i had to follow on FB and twitter so I could get the announcement asap.  Fingers crossed for two of those three rumors (Neil, Wilco, TPaTH)

Santo

Dave Frey in his official Lockn' Facebook chat mentioned they gave Neil Young an "aggressive offer," so I am real hopeful. I would bet we won't hear about it for while with these one at a time announcements. If you are obsessive like me, last week the announcement popped up a t noon eastern. I have been checking everyday.

The Allman Brothers, Bob Weir and the rumor of Neil Young was all the convincing we needd to buy tickets early. Plus there is this guy...

Lockn' Festival- The Day After

capt. scotty

Hoping to make it up after I couldnt last year. Definitely hoping they get Neil & CH since they cancelled last year. Never seen Petty either so that would be nice.

Right now biggest draw for me is Gary Clark Jr but I like most of what's been announced so far.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Santo

Does anybody know anything about the bands that are competing in Rockn to Lockn? So far they include: People's Blues of Richmond, Everwilde, The Green Boys, and Bryan Elijah Smith. Listening to some the of the music and watching some of the videos I wouldn't mind seeing PBR or The Green Boys.

Santo

Continuing the the great festival tradition of announcing the announcements. Lockn' is set to begin their announcements again next Monday per their Facebook page.

parkervb

WILCO for two nights!  Now if Petty gets added, I am there!

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Santo

This made my day! Although, they are not getting a very warm reception on the Lockn' Facebook page.

Apparently, Jeff Austin of Yonder Mountain String Band announced his solo tour recently. Part of the announcement were two days at Lockn' with Grateful Grass, which will include Keller Williams and Reed Mathis.

http://www.gratefulweb.com/articles/jeff-austin-announces-2014-spring-tour-danny-barnes

parkervb

Quote from: Santo on Apr 07, 2014, 08:11 PM
This made my day! Although, they are not getting a very warm reception on the Lockn' Facebook page.

Apparently, Jeff Austin of Yonder Mountain String Band announced his solo tour recently. Part of the announcement were two days at Lockn' with Grateful Grass, which will include Keller Williams and Reed Mathis.

http://www.gratefulweb.com/articles/jeff-austin-announces-2014-spring-tour-danny-barnes

I know! I thought that crunchy, hula hooping crowd would be more open minded.

oistheone

Damn, this lineup is really rounding into form!

With the Wilco add, I'm starting to think maybe Petty ain't comin'. BUTTTTT, OSL is announcing their lineup today -- one that Petty is all-but-guaranteed to headline -- and I'm hoping that once that's confirmed, the Petty summer tour floodgates will open and the dates will flow like mad.

Santo

Angelo

Quote from: Santo on Apr 07, 2014, 08:11 PM
I saw that too. Anytime someone feels the need to comment by saying "meh", it really annoys the shit out of me. They have no value to add but are compelled to share their lack of excitement. It really grinds my gears.
/cue video of Peter Griffin doing his news segment