the war on drugs-lost in the dream

Started by ironmike, Mar 18, 2014, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Show at the Bowery is easily going to be in the top 3 shows I see this year, if not THE best. I just got tickets to see them in Brooklyn in June, so we'll see if they can top it. 

GO4IT

Had a great time at the show last night with APR, his friend, Ms GO4IT and Bren.  We had center balcony rail above the soundboard - great sound there.  They played for 2 1/2 glorious hours ending with a killer Mind Games at 1AM.

Here's my video of Red Eyes into Suffering. Enjoy :cheesy:

The War on Drugs - Red Eyes into Suffering - 9:30 Club, DC - April 18, 2014

capt. scotty

Easily my AOTY and wish I caught him/them last week at 930 club...APR any reviews?!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

APR

At 2.5 hours, that was the longest show I've ever seen at the 9:30.  And it was great.   

Center balcony next to GO4IT, who as usual captured some great footage (see above).   Adam, the lead singer/guitarist, is an incredible guitar player.  I really liked his solos, and there were quite a few of them.  I must admit, I did get a little bored by their slower stuff as I do when listening to their albums.  But the livlier songs more than made up for it and sounded stellar and longer than the album versions......Under the Pressure (amazing song and perfect opener), An Ocean in Between, In Reverse, and Brothers stood out.

The band had a bunch of relatives there so maybe that was why they played so much.  I had a blast and will be there again next time they come around.

parkervb

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 24, 2014, 06:41 PM
Easily my AOTY and wish I caught him/them last week at 930 club...APR any reviews?!

same here on both points.  if they tour like they did for Slave Ambient, we could see another US tour after they get back from Europe. 
Don't you ever turn it off

dmooney99

playing the Roots family picnic this year in philly  :thumbsup:

APR

[/quote]

same here on both points.  if they tour like they did for Slave Ambient, we could see another US tour after they get back from Europe.
[/quote]

Good to know!

The War on Drugs don't have that Roots Picnic listed on their tour page.  They do have Brooklyn listed June 13.  Maybe they'll add a few shows in the Mid Atlantic around those dates.  That would be nice. 

dmooney99

Quote from: APR on Apr 26, 2014, 08:33 PM

[/quote]

Good to know!

The War on Drugs don't have that Roots Picnic listed on their tour page.  They do have Brooklyn listed June 13.  Maybe they'll add a few shows in the Mid Atlantic around those dates.  That would be nice.
[/quote]

Murph

It's been over a month now and this album hasn't left my CD player for more than a day. I listen to it basically daily and it has only gotten better. A near perfect album that has to be one of my favorites of the past 10 years. I know that is some strong praise, but I really think it's warranted. That is all...

ironmike

dmooney99

anyone go to the Roots picnic in philly yesterday?   I was tempted but it was $40 and the only band would be The War on Drugs and the roots so i passed.

Willard1979

As someone else here mentioned, I've discovered some great bands, thanks to this board.  Im listening to Lost In The Dream for the first time, and I'm loving it so far.  Right now, Im on Suffering.  Im getting a kind of Pink Floyd vibe.  Im looking forward to hearing the rest of this album, and  getting their previous ones.  :drum:

I just found out they'll be playing The Fonda in October.  I definitely will get a ticket!  If they're available.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

dmooney99

finally bought slave ambient today.  will give it a listen tomorrow   :smiley:

Shug

willard, LD and I got tix for the Friday night show in LA at the Fonda.  Are you going to that one?  They are doing two nights and Thurs is sold out.

"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Willard1979

Im gonna try to get a ticket for Friday.  Looks like I better hurry!

johnnYYac

Quote from: dmooney99 on Jul 23, 2014, 09:08 PM
finally bought slave ambient today.  will give it a listen tomorrow   :smiley:
Me too, dm99. Unfortunately, it arrives just as I'm leaving for two weeks...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

parkervb

love this set from a Euro festie, great pro-shot video:

http://youtu.be/WMVeLpCKdaw
Don't you ever turn it off

Sidus

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 04, 2014, 12:48 PM
love this set from a Euro festie, great pro-shot video:

I was at this show  :smiley:. Great festival, great weather and a great show  :thumbsup: