Main Menu

Z cd

Started by ffghtrs, Jul 05, 2014, 11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffghtrs

So i was borrowing my mother's car this week.  no way to hook up my iPod in it.  So i busted out some old fashioned cd's.  and the first one i played was Z.  I cranked it and it was great to ride to.  But i noticed something very important.  Z on Vinyl is so much better than CD.  why you ask because the vinyl through a nice stereo receiver is so warm and beautiful sounding.  I really need to get all of their records on vinyl. 

on  a side note.  if you have a record player that has pitch control.  play "Off the Record"  and when the jam starts at the end slow the pitch down half way.  It sounds so cool.  the music is still the same the background vocals are epic and demonic sounding but in a cool and not too creepy way.  it's a lot of fun.  just try it once or twice. that should suffice.  as well as a bong rip, two joints and a bowl before hand.  only kidding on the weed.  I don't smoke any more.  Bummer.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

tippitoes22

I wouldn't rush out and get everything they put out on vinyl. There are some really iffy pressings out there, unfortunately. Do some research on the forum, and in general. For some reason there is a scarcity of MMJ vinyl out there right now. Maybe not a scarcity, just less vinyl for more$. But I guess that is a scarcity. Just make sure you pay through paypal so there's a record of the transaction. In case you need to return LPs. Happy hunting!
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

ffghtrs

Thank you friend, I had an opportunity for It Still Moves, but never did,  I have Z and Circuital.  Hoping for more!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Mr. White

Recently, The Tennessee Fire and At Dawn were re-issued on double vinyl (with 320 MP3 Download Cards) from Darla Records. My copy of At Dawn sounds wonderful, and by all accounts, both of the re-issues sound good. Some record stores have them in stock. I got my At Dawn a couple of months ago from Guestroom Records in Louisville.

http://darla.com/index.php

http://guestroom-records.com/index.html
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ajclements004

Guestroom records in Louisville has all the MMJ records.

ffghtrs

nice, now i just need a trip to Louisville so i can browse the brilliance that is Guestroom.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: ajclements004 on Jul 06, 2014, 04:56 PM

besides Okonokos...   :wink:
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

ajclements004

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jul 07, 2014, 11:18 PM

very clever of you, Yac.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

kotchishm

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 06, 2014, 12:17 PM
Recently, The Tennessee Fire and At Dawn were re-issued on double vinyl (with 320 MP3 Download Cards) from Darla Records. My copy of At Dawn sounds wonderful, and by all accounts, both of the re-issues sound good. Some record stores have them in stock. I got my At Dawn a couple of months ago from Guestroom Records in Louisville.

http://darla.com/index.php

http://guestroom-records.com/index.html

Got both of these. They sound great. I have the ISM repress and it's terrible. I need to track down an OG copy.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

byrdpickem

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jul 07, 2014, 11:18 PM

They're missing Evil Urges as well

tippitoes22

Nobody's seems to have "Evil Urges"...  It's weird. How's a brother sposda listen to Remnants, Touch 1,2, highly suspicious, SMOKIN??? on vinyl, yo!?! I got a good 180g pressing. Nothin to write home about but it's better than ISM repress with the CD, (that Original '03 EU/English press makes it sound like a speak and spell)
, or the copy of Z recorded in a tin can :)  The boys got the $, pay Bernie Grudman or Joe Regasso to remaster that shit, send it ta RTI or Acoustech or ORG or even Four men with Beards to gettem pressed and make "my tubes glow in the Dark"-(Zevon-"Carmelita"). I can't wait for shit like that to happen. They don't have to screw ATO either. They'd get a piece of the
Pie.  PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP???

And while theyre at it, get crazy with it and do a reissue in mono. I wanna hear "At Dawn"or "ISM" in MONO.. .!  Have you heard Jimmy Hendrix(are you experienced) or the Stones (let it bleed) or the Kinks(any album) or Beach boys("Pet sounds"),or some jazz, Cannonball Adderly(something else) Miles, Dexter Gordon, in glorious MONO???

It's a game changer. Flat Record, none of that compensating for the stereo lip. Just put the needle on the record on be amazed! Ortfon actually just came out with a reasonably priced strictly MONO stylus in honor if the Beatles mono,vinyl reissues. BRAVO!
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

byrdpickem

Quote from: searchinbig on Jul 26, 2014, 11:33 AM
EU at ATO, among others.... :beer:

http://atorecords.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=126_54314_10575&pc=ATLP05

19.99 - wow. I've been keeping my eyes out for nearly a year except for the most OBVIOUS place! Thanks!

tippitoes22

Awe... Who am I kidding? I just want T5 on Vinyl BAD!!!                                                           

P.S. Thanks Searchinbig, cheers!

rincon2

This is all the MMJ vinyl I can find, and the quality varies tremendously.
TF- New release. Outstanding quality
At Dawn- new release. Best sounding vinyl I have ever heard
It Still Moves  OK quality
Z OK quality
Circuital, 2 sets due to the original warpage issue. The single worst sounding album straight out of the wrap I have ever heard. Sounds like a popcorn machine. I recorded a snip of the beginning of Moving Away on my phone, and you can't even guess it is a record until the piano starts.Pure static. Sounds worse than an Al Jolsen album.
That Louisville live album- OK, a few noticeable big pops, but clearly listenable.
Chocolate and Ice. Was not told it was a colored disk. First one had what looked like crazy glue all over it, terrible. Free replacement listenable, nothing special