Main Menu

ADD 1

Started by sweatboard, Jul 06, 2014, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

If you could add one musician to the band who would it be??

and why?

There's Still Time.........

ffghtrs

I don't see a reason to add anyone.  I love MMJ the way they are.  But i'm curious to be proven wrong.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

EverythingChanges

Kermit the frog cuz he's dope.

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Mr. White

I would add Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes. She has youth, plays guitar, has a powerful/soulful voice, plus, adding a female singer in the mix would do a lot for their sound.

Edit: Really, I like them just the way they are.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ffghtrs

I enjoy both these answers.  I was thinking Nels Cline but really no need for that the band is perfect.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

ffghtrs

Nikkogino

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jul 06, 2014, 09:26 AM
Kermit the frog cuz he's dope.

Best and only answer. 

evelynisreal

neko case?  i would go for a female vocalist, but not one that would over power jimmy.  neko seemed to be a great fit when they toured together a couple of years ago.

GO4IT

I see no need to tinker.
The world is full of bands with issues and clashing personalities.
Fortunately, that does not seem to be the case with MMJ so why mess with a good thing?

easy way

Count M'Butu. I personally wouldn't like to see any changes or adds, but that's my pick for this hypothetical game.  Adding a world class percussionist to the best rhythm section in the biz would be a treat and wouldn't alter the overall sound too much, as would horns or some foreign vocalist.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

MMJCOBRA

Johnny Quaid of course. I think it would be cool to see how MMJ would evolve with an original guitarist returning to the fold.

I often wonder if Mr Quaid wonders what could have been. Are there any good articles or stories of why he left or what he has been up to over the last decade?

johnnYYac

Quote from: unravelled on Jul 12, 2014, 10:58 PM
Johnny Quaid of course. I think it would be cool to see how MMJ would evolve with an original guitarist returning to the fold.

I often wonder if Mr Quaid wonders what could have been. Are there any good articles or stories of why he left or what he has been up to over the last decade?
http://www.theravennacolt.com

https://m.facebook.com/theravennacolt?_rdr

http://thesteamengine.net/home/interview-johnny-quaid-of-the-ravenna-colt.html
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

sweatboard

Quote from: unravelled on Jul 12, 2014, 10:58 PM

I totally agree, I would LOVE to see Johnny back and a three guitar attack. 
There's Still Time.........

gluvmiller

I'm all for adding one more. I would lean towards a percussionist, but I'm not picky. I remember reading somewhere that based on an old philosophy that the perfect number of members for a band is 6 because there is a belief that perfect synchonicity is 7 minds (each representing a certain type of cognizant) and when you have 6 band members the crowd represents the 7th mind as the overall conscious. I wish i could remember the details. Was it maybe regarding the Hydra?

Mr. White

That idea of adding a percussionist might be a good one. After all, they did add Kevin Ratterman on percussion for the UNSTAGED webcast show at the Louisville Palace Theatre back on May 31, 2011. (I didn't know who he was at the time. It took me a while to figure it out.)
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ffghtrs

Quote from: gluvmiller on Jul 21, 2014, 04:23 PM
I'm all for adding one more. I would lean towards a percussionist, but I'm not picky. I remember reading somewhere that based on an old philosophy that the perfect number of members for a band is 6 because there is a belief that perfect synchonicity is 7 minds (each representing a certain type of cognizant) and when you have 6 band members the crowd represents the 7th mind as the overall conscious. I wish i could remember the details. Was it maybe regarding the Hydra?

Dude you are blowing my mind!

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

millerjustin

2 drum kits = magic.
What's in here won't disappear

gluvmiller

Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 23, 2014, 09:32 AM
2 drum kits = magic.

I'm a fan. But would be completely happy with a percussionist instead of a second kit.

easy way

Quote from: gluvmiller on Jul 23, 2014, 11:03 AM
Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 23, 2014, 09:32 AM
2 drum kits = magic.

I'm a fan. But would be completely happy with a percussionist instead of a second kit.

Patrick's too much of a beast... He'd get primal if another drummer stepped into is cage!  :wink:
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."