Newport FF 2014 Roll Call

Started by GO4IT, Jan 15, 2014, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

364 days till next year.   Count me in.

headhunter

I'm too.  This past weekend was just fabulous.

too tired to write but for me the biggest highlights were a great set by Jimmy Cliff, another phenomenal set by J. Roddy who just explodes on stage and didn't tone it down one bit for a "folk festival" and legendary night time shows by Deer Tick and friends.

The Deer Tick main stage show was fine.  The nighttime gigs at the Blues Cafe were incredible.  Especially last night on the rail inches from John McCauley and Ben Nichols and co with mahg33ta and my cousin Mike.  Great to see Northern Neighbor, Ant, Mr. & Mrs. Go4it, Lilia, Penny Lane and others.  Exhausted.  Need sleep.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Northern Neighbour

GO4IT

It was great seeing everyone and the music was incredible as usual. I'll post some pix and video after we make it back from stops in Cape Cod and NYC.
Also will need to make our 2015 hotel reservations soon!

Northern Neighbour

I'm going to guess Dylan will be there next year. It will be, after all, 60 years since that controversial day.

CountSA

Unfortunately due to family obligations I had to sell my Saturday & Sunday tickets.  I take it there were no Jim sightings?

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

GO4IT

I've posted my videos from Fri and Sat on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO50f88t7Rg7C3_Qj3iwHfg

PHOX, Reignwolf, Robert Hunter, J Roddy, Kurt Vile and Jack White finale on Sat.  Enjoy.

Good Night Irene was way more emotional than comes across in this video.  Yet another incredible moment at the NFF.

More to come.

GO4IT

Quote from: GO4IT on Jul 31, 2014, 11:12 PM
I've posted my videos from Fri and Sat on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO50f88t7Rg7C3_Qj3iwHfg

PHOX, Reignwolf, Robert Hunter, J Roddy, Kurt Vile and Jack White finale on Sat.  Enjoy.

Good Night Irene was way more emotional than comes across in this video.  Yet another incredible moment at the NFF.

More to come.

Just added a couple of videos of Shakey Graves being filmed in the caves.  Good timing for me as that's when it rained the hardest.  That's it for videos.

mahg33ta

Northern Neighbour

Yep, good videos. You should be retire and become a professional cameraman.

GO4IT

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Aug 04, 2014, 04:48 PM
You should be retire and become a professional cameraman.
I'm good with that.  Would bring me back full circle to when I was lead photographer at our university.  On the stage with a lot of great bands while pushing TRI-X to 1600 in the darkroom (if you know what that means, let me know).