Main Menu

The Strypes

Started by dmooney99, Aug 17, 2014, 10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmooney99

Anyone ever hear of this band?  Saw they were playing near me on Wednesday and was thinking of going.  Checked some of their stuff on youtube.  Sounded pretty good.  Kinda sounds like blues/garage rock.

The Strypes - Hard To Say No

The Strypes - Hometown Girls

johnnYYac

Pretty cool.  Found a full performance, pro-shot.

The Strypes - Live in Cologne (Rockpalast, 2014)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Hawkeye

My buddy loaned me one of their records.  Been meaning to listen to it.
We could.

Jaimoe

Exciting new band. And what's not to like? Maximum R&B mixed with Jeff Beck era Yardbirds = a perfect combo.

GO4IT

I can't believe I'm just reading this thread now and could have gone to the 9:30 Club tonight (OK, maybe it's now yesterday) if I had read earlier. :angry:

dmooney99

Caught them last night in philly.  Almost didn't make the show cause i had movie screening to Sin City 2, but that was a short movie and by the time i got there it was just before 10 and as soon as i got in the venue they had started.  They were real good, nothing mind blowing or anything but I pretty enjoyable.  These guys were very young though,  I think the drummer and bassist/harmonica guy were about 16.  The lead singer and guitarists were a little older.  They had good stage presence though.  I recognized a handful of songs from the videos i saw earlier.  They also played a lot of covers like "Louie, Louie" (they ended with that and Rockaway Beach.  Surprised they played for like and hour and a half.  I was expecting like an hour show.  One thing that kinda sucked was they didn't have any cd's at the merch booth, just t-shirts and posters.