Main Menu

Tweedy

Started by ffghtrs, Sep 23, 2014, 02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffghtrs

Tweedy, the new album from Jeff Tweedy and son.  any who been listening to it.  it definitely has some cool vibes.  I particularly enjoy little break downs and the things Jeff puts into the details of his guitar playing.  Just a little pull off or hammer on goes a really far way for him.  I've noticed that i enjoy this about him since I bought You Are Not Alone by Mavis Staple which was produced by Jeff.  any who being the state of affairs of Jeff's life we get a bit of urgency in some of the parts of songs.  particularly on my third listen i noticed this on Diamond Light Pt, Pt 1.  I think last night i noticed it on Hazel but don't quote me on that I've only been awake for a an hour and i haven't had coffee yet.  Any who...overall i love everything Jeff does and i love this record. Right now its not my favorite Jeff outing but i thoroughly think if your an MMJ and Wilco fan there is a dire need to have it in your collection.  Lot's of Love Mr. Tweedy.  Keep on Keeping on and all that good stuff.  and i hope my rambling was sufficient in explaining my thoughts on a record i have only heard a handful of times.

sincerely rock on Spencer!    :drum:
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

vespachick

I prefer his earlier work with Sylvester.  :evil:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

bartel

I honestly think it's one of tweedy's best outings in his entire career.. I think it is a lot different to the recent wilco stuff and will revitalize wilco when they get back together in the studio finally... Everytime I PLAY these songs soemthing more comes out of it for me... It's a must listen to with good headphones on in a quiet room.

Ob1jacobe

I agree.  This Tweedy at his best.  I have been listening to a lot of Wilco recently and it reminds me more ow Ghost is Born, YHF, and Summer teeth.  Three of my all time favorite albums.  My only complaint is a little too long.  Never been a huge double LP fan.  Harder for me to sink my teeth into.

EverythingChanges

Great album.  I'm still discovering it, but so far I really like Nobody Dies Anymore.  It's all great though.  I don't mind the double LP, if all of the content is good (which it is).  More the merrier!  I still don't think it is as good as YHF, ST, AGiB, but I may change my mind the more I listen. 

Also, where is Diamond Light Pt. 2!?!?!? Haha.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MrWhippy

Quote from: bartel on Sep 25, 2014, 02:51 PM
I honestly think it's one of tweedy's best outings in his entire career.. I think it is a lot different to the recent wilco stuff and will revitalize wilco when they get back together in the studio finally... Everytime I PLAY these songs soemthing more comes out of it for me... It's a must listen to with good headphones on in a quiet room.

I totally agree with this.  For me this new album is my favorite thing Jeff Tweedy has done probably since Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

ffghtrs

Low Key

Might be my favorite music video ever...hilarious!  I LOVE IT THANK YOU!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Mr. White

Tweedy will be on Austin City Limits tonight on PBS stations.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

TheThird

Today, Spencer reviewed Run the Jewel's Run the Jewels 2 for The Talkhouse. The album may not be well received on the Forum, but I think it's fun to get a sense of Spencer's personality since, personally, I don't know much about him.

If you're interested, here's the link: http://thetalkhouse.com/music/talks/spencer-tweedy-tweedy-talks-run-the-jewels-run-the-jewels-2/

I'm not sure
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]