Bermuda Highway Boutique

Started by timescaper, Nov 08, 2014, 11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timescaper

New store in Louisville named after the song - will sell Third Man vinyl owned by girl from Houndmouth

http://www.bermudahighwayboutique.com

Bermuda Highway, the new music-inspired boutique owned by Houndmouth's Katie Toupin and business partner Addie Mills, opens today at 11AM in NuLu: East Market District! Bermuda Highway, named after one of My Morning Jacket's most beloved songs, is a Louisville-based men and women's clothing shop and features both new and vintage clothing with a music-leaning twist. Records and memorabilia from Jack White's very own Third Man Records will be also be in abundance!

A dedicated section of Bermuda Highway will be curated by a featured "Artist of the Month" - this artist, whether national or local, will have the freedom to display their tastes, influences, or whatever is on their mind that they wish to share with those who enter Bermuda Highway.

Scott McMicken of Dr. Dog kicks things off as December's "Artist of the Month." His residency will include a limited edition solo Christmas record on custom-made 8inch vinyl, along with many other McMicken treasures that are to be exclusively available at Bermuda Highway.

EverythingChanges

This is awesome on so many levels.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Mr. White

Thanks for the heads-up on this place! I'll probably check it out next Tuesday, when I'm in that part of town picking up my Lost On The River: The New Basement Tapes album.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Fully

Let me know if it's just a women's boutique or if they have men's clothes too. I've got presents to buy.

LBSUNFLWR

very cool.
Thanks for letting us know.

e_wind

Quote from: Fully on Nov 11, 2014, 02:01 PM
Let me know if it's just a women's boutique or if they have men's clothes too. I've got presents to buy.

pretty sure they're going to have Men's clothes. The artist of the month thing just means that artists are going to be picking out items to sell (both from their band and clothing from what I understand). The first month is Scott Mcwhatever from Dr. Dog. I have to assume he's not choosing all the girls clothing that is going to be sold.

I just read the top post all the way through and realized that it said all that already. Sorry for the repeats.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Mr. White

Quote from: e_wind on Nov 12, 2014, 07:14 PM
Quote from: Fully on Nov 11, 2014, 02:01 PM

pretty sure they're going to have Men's clothes. The artist of the month thing just means that artists are going to be picking out items to sell (both from their band and clothing from what I understand). The first month is Scott Mcwhatever from Dr. Dog. I have to assume he's not choosing all the girls clothing that is going to be sold.

I just read the top post all the way through and realized that it said all that already. Sorry for the repeats.

Well, I finally made it into the Bermuda Highway Boutique earlier this week when I had to be downtown for a doctor's appointment anyway. The place is pretty small, but they do have a pretty cool setup. There were clothing items for both men and women. There were jackets, shirts, bags, jewelry, hats, etc. I only bought an album from Dr. Dog, Be The Void, from 2012 (vinyl with an included CD). They were very friendly and very helpful. I hope they make a go of it and stick around.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011