NEW ALBUMs Release dates april 2015 and in 2016!!!!

Started by Magichashbrown, Dec 02, 2014, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffghtrs

SUCH GOOD NEWS!  and a follow up to Regions of Light Sound of God. SO FUCKING COOL!   :drum:
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Emb1528

Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

CTdeadhead

Im praying for a show at the State Theater in Portland ME. 

ffghtrs

Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

darkglow

Quote from: CTdeadhead on Dec 03, 2014, 12:14 PM
Im praying for a show at the State Theater in Portland ME.

me too, deadhead. moved up to maine this past year and i would love to indoctrinate some friends up here with a real rock and roll show

justbcuzido

So this is kind of summation of the previous article with more quotes from Jim about the album.

Also, they keep saying he is recovering from a back injury. Does anyone know what that's about? It's not his Iowa City injury from years ago is it?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/jim-james-my-morning-jackets-two-new-albums-20141203
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Angelo

Quote from: justbcuzido on Dec 03, 2014, 05:05 PM
Also, they keep saying he is recovering from a back injury. Does anyone know what that's about? It's not his Iowa City injury from years ago is it?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/jim-james-my-morning-jackets-two-new-albums-20141203
I've been wondering the same thing.

millerjustin

sounds like he had surgery to fix the old injury.  must have been after OBH and basement tapes sessions - maybe late spring or early summer?  he's been pretty busy otherwise and was out in Bay Area recording around that time, so maybe mid or late summer - this might explain the year off as well
What's in here won't disappear

wheelhousetunes

"I love making each record sound different," James commented. "I love the thrill of putting on a record and feeling like you got the wrong one from the factory."

This works if the sound is good. I'd be very happy with an At Dawn II.

Taterbug

I'm already getting pre ticket anxiety for fear of getting shut out.   Damn you poop gut. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

CTdeadhead

I can't wait, I had to sit out most of the last tour due to a broken back and my mom's declining health, but Im getting the most out of this tour.  Haven't seen the boys since Charlotte in 2012, and that show got cut short, so Im am freaking PRIMED for a new CD/Tour. 

EverythingChanges

Do you think we will hear more about the album during OBH, or soon after? If it is actually dropping in April, they should start promoting it soon.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

oistheone

Wouldn't shock me if there was some sort of embargo on new album news until OBH passes, but I'd like to think we'll hear something in early January. Gotta make it through the holiday deadzone and then the summer-music-news floodgates will open right around the time Coachella drops their lineup, which is hopefully next week!

oistheone

THE DAY HAS COME!!!

It is officially Monday, January 5th, 2015, meaning the bullshit holiday no-news deadzone is officially behind us!

The news we've all been waiting for could drop ANY MINUTE!!!

I will now sit here and constantly refresh mymorningjacket.com until there is an update.

Stay LOCKED to this thread folks

oistheone

Still nothing guys, but stay tuned, I got this

gardenparty

bartel

pretty confident around the time or just after OBH the information regarding new album will drop...