Another pressing of Chocolate and Ice EP now available

Started by johnnYYac, Dec 27, 2014, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippitoes22

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 12, 2015, 09:03 AM
my Halloweenie is supposed to come this week!
Quote from: parkervb on Oct 13, 2015, 09:45 AM
this and my Xmas Fiasco Style come today!
Quote from: Afro on Oct 23, 2015, 12:19 PM
I have one of the original pressings from 2007 I think, anyways, due to the printing on the record itself. There is a cyclical white noise and almost skipping sound.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Got my Hollween also and my X-mas (red &green-had to have both at that price(is how I'm justifying it to myself :) )showed up also :thumbsup:

And that original banana pressing sounds AWFUL!(needs to be remastered but, as someone reminded me, " it was recorded in a barn")

Also it's kinda common knowledge the banana pudding swirl pressing is terrible sounding. Don't feel bad, I have one too, sitting in it's plastic sleeve, never to be played again :( at least not by me. Also got burned on a red pressing of the Acoustic Citsuoca-Star Time Pavilion(has a "makes you flinch", VERY audible scratch with EVERY revolution of the record... sooo pretty often AND awful). Thankfully, found a replacement as they are pretty affordable and not too difficult to find. There's some notorious LP's that are like ROLLIN(back) the dice :)
-but the songs contained on those LP's, turns you into a "Tumblin' Dice" man...

(Some of the more recent clear, splatter, Choc & Ice EP, LP's do sound better :thumbsup: )

Cheers & happy hunting,
Tippy

Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

Santo

Any word on the sound of these pressings? I think the black and blue swirl is the only one left. Is it a worthwhile replacement for the translucent blue splatter?

Lonndown27

Quote from: tippitoes22 on Oct 10, 2015, 08:22 PM
I just looked at this thread and realized I'm have a conversation with myself. Anyway,
...meds are working fine, LP sold out, Kozeleck lp is good. I'm doin pretty good, thanks for askin. So ...yeh...I'll talk to ya later

:beer:

PS- Kozelecks music is pretty, but he's a HUGE asshole, in real life. Just FYI...

Tippitoes, I love ya man! you're too funny hahah!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022+ 8/16/2024::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

AlwxanderD10

I have one of the original pressings from 2007 I think, anyways, due to the printing on the record itself. There is a cyclical white noise and almost skipping sound.  Has anyone else had this issue?
I can concur, mine has the exact same problem.

CooGarn

Quote from: AlwxanderD10 on Oct 27, 2015, 06:36 PM
I can concur, mine has the exact same problem.
I've got a copy of the original blue & white swirl.. played fine when I bought it, but has since been destroyed by the awful leaching plastic it came in. I threw out the plastic, but the record's unsalvageable.. I suppose I could make it into a bowl or something. It's worthless audio-wise :undecided:

Looks like Badman has discovered the issue with the older copies they've had in stock for awhile... "We have noticed that many of this specific brown/yellow original version have not retained great fidelity and thus we are selling them primarily for the collectible nature of its color scheme. The LP has a slight film on it - likely from being placed into the vinyl jacket while still being hot off the press. We'd like you to know what you are purchasing before you receive it. If you are looking for the best in fidelity it would be wise to choose one of our other color variations of this title." (http://badmanrecordingco.com/products/my-morning-jacket-chocolate-and-ice-blue-white-vinyl)

I call bullshit on the 'hot of the press' line, though. My copy was fine when I bought it, and only recently was affected, which means the PVC broke down over time and began leaching. I hope they've sourced a better sleeve for newer pressings. Either way, I wouldn't recommend leaving pic discs in the awful PVC sleeves they come in for this exact reason. As soon as I noticed Chocolate & Ice was wrecked I took my pic discs of It Still Moves, Z and Evil Urges out of their sleeves and chucked 'em in proper poly-lined paper sleeves for safe keeping!