The boys on tv

Started by MamaKel, Nov 25, 2012, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MamaKel

P.S. They were just on TV in Elizabethtown.  When the sprinkler system goes off and they're just jamming?! Good grief. I had to change the channel, as it is the day of the Lord... :evil: :bath: :evil: :rolleyes:

Fully

They are the best thing about that movie. If that movie had more Ruckus and less cutesy flirting it would be a better movie. No one acts like that when their father has just died.

MamaKel

I feel like that movie had such potential. Ruckus obviously being the best part.  But I really, really did not like Orlando Bloom in it.  I mean...there was something Americana about that movie...and he just wasn't believable because he was trying so hard to get his accent right, that he couldn't bring the emotion necessary to really make that role what it was intended to be. Kirstin Dunst was good. So was Susan Sarandon. Pretty sure Paula Deen was in there too. I love a good flirting movie. And one with great music, well, few exist. But you're totally right. It felt creepy and forced. Not the way someone is when their dad dies.

Mr. White

I didn't want to start another thread just to inform you all of this, so I decided to put it here.

Yesterday, after I had left for work, my wife turned on The Weather Channel and said they were playing one of MMJ's songs during the "Weather on the 8's" segment. She couldn't remember the name of the song but did say it was one of their slower ones. I asked her if it was Wonderful (The Way I Feel), and she said it wasn't. If she hears it later and tells me "That's the song!", I'll report back.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

YimYodd

Quote from: Mr. White on Nov 09, 2013, 12:19 PM
I didn't want to start another thread just to inform you all of this, so I decided to put it here.

Yesterday, after I had left for work, my wife turned on The Weather Channel and said they were playing one of MMJ's songs during the "Weather on the 8's" segment. She couldn't remember the name of the song but did say it was one of their slower ones. I asked her if it was Wonderful (The Way I Feel), and she said it wasn't. If she hears it later and tells me "That's the song!", I'll report back.
A couple of weeks ago I flipped to WeatherChannel and caught just the last few seconds of the Local  8s. Caught me by surprise,  but I'm sure it was Circuital!
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

jonmayo15

Quote from: YimYodd on Nov 09, 2013, 05:21 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Nov 09, 2013, 12:19 PM

A couple of weeks ago I flipped to WeatherChannel and caught just the last few seconds of the Local  8s. Caught me by surprise,  but I'm sure it was Circuital!
I heard Circuital too while flipping through the channels! Kind of blew my mind.

YimYodd

Checked local 8s this morning, this time First Light was playing.
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

Come Closer

Just heard "State of the Art" on Suits.

vwxg14a

On Showtime, they have a documentary called Sellebrity, and Lowdown was partially played. 
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

Mr. White

Holdin' On To Black Metal was played earlier tonight during the ALCS baseball game between Kansas City and Baltimore in the 5th inning. They were playing it over the PA, not very loud, but you could make it out if you knew the song. They only played it for a few seconds while Baltimore's manager came out on the field.

dmooney99

American Dad too obvious?  :wink:

Mr. White

They played this add on ABC tonight (Nov. 15, 2014) during halftime of Florida St. vs. Miami.

http://youtu.be/tll-4WONtg0

buymycar

The Palladia channel is showing a Best of Bonnaroo documentary. It premiered tonight. It has Mahgeeta from MMJ's last appearance.

Edit: The guide lists it as "Best of Bonnaroo" but it's really called "Bonnaroo: Back Tracks."