Forecastle 2015

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmpotsy

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 19, 2015, 01:16 PM
Quote from: rmpotsy on Jan 19, 2015, 12:47 PM
i know less than nothing about dmb, so can you explain to me how this is a guarantee theyre headlining?

Forecastle is a smaller festival when compared to Bonnaroo or something of that caliber.  DMB has a bigger following than MMJ (who I think would headline Forecastle).  Over 3.2 million people like Dave on FB.  His music isn't horrid, but it is really dull.  And for some reason, a bunch of people seem to love him.  He just fits that Sunday headliner spot for Forecastle.

yeah, i was more curious how the clue makes it definitely dmb, i know who they are.
out go the lights it begins

EverythingChanges

Quote from: rmpotsy on Jan 19, 2015, 01:33 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 19, 2015, 01:16 PM
Quote from: rmpotsy on Jan 19, 2015, 12:47 PM
i know less than nothing about dmb, so can you explain to me how this is a guarantee theyre headlining?

Forecastle is a smaller festival when compared to Bonnaroo or something of that caliber.  DMB has a bigger following than MMJ (who I think would headline Forecastle).  Over 3.2 million people like Dave on FB.  His music isn't horrid, but it is really dull.  And for some reason, a bunch of people seem to love him.  He just fits that Sunday headliner spot for Forecastle.

yeah, i was more curious how the clue makes it definitely dmb, i know who they are.

Ah, my bad.

They have a song about ants marching and apparently Dave owns his own wine company, which is where the other piece comes together.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

LBSUNFLWR

seems like an odd word to just throw in there if it's not referencing something, don't you think?

EverythingChanges

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 19, 2015, 01:38 PM
seems like an odd word to just throw in there if it's not referencing something, don't you think?

I think it reference's Dave's winery, or something to do with him being the king of a castle?  That's what everyone is saying on FB anyway.

LBSUNFLWR

they sure are messing with us!!  :smiley:

EverythingChanges

Lineup drops next Tuesday. Tickets on sale next Friday.

pattilovesmmj

Dave has a song that references him being "king of the castle" which comes from a childrens nursery rhyme.

EverythingChanges

"Home is where the heart is."

Jacket is back on board ya'll!! :grin:

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 20, 2015, 07:43 PM
"Home is where the heart is."

Jacket is back on board ya'll!! :grin:

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

e_wind

i don't think that was meant to be a clue, though I do think they'll be on the bill. more and more rumors are going around every day.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

oistheone

At this point, I really can't see them not being on the lineup. I think they'll be at more festivals than not this summer.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 21, 2015, 09:53 AM
i don't think that was meant to be a clue, though I do think they'll be on the bill. more and more rumors are going around every day.

Yeah it was. They commented on a post saying here's a clue just for you or something with that picture.

e_wind

Just saw that and came to take that back... its gotta be jacket. Hound mouth is playing a record release show in the spring here already, and no other bands I can think of in Louisville are well known enough for that clue to make any sense.

LBSUNFLWR

exactly. Though I like both Houndmouth and Wax Fang I doubt either of them is high up enough on the line-up to have clues dropped about them.

This is great news!  :thumbsup:

e_wind

Looks like First Aid Kit and Cold War Kids were answers to some of the clues. I don't have an opinion on either of those bands.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 22, 2015, 12:40 PM
Looks like First Aid Kit and Cold War Kids were answers to some of the clues. I don't have an opinion on either of those bands.

Haven't heard first aid kit.

Cold War Kids are okay. I like their hang me out to dry song.

EverythingChanges

Sort of bummed that Im not really excited about any of these captain clues besides Portugal.

Edit: After listening to First Aid Kit, I think my girlfriend will enjoy them, so there's that.

Come on forecastle, give me a reason to go all three days!

EverythingChanges

Forecastle just hinted at finding out who would be king of the festival on Tuesday. I really hope that isn't refrencing Kings of Leon.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 23, 2015, 08:15 PM
Forecastle just hinted at finding out who would be king of the festival on Tuesday. I really hope that isn't refrencing Kings of Leon.

oh no. I hope not. Dave Matthews and Kings of Leon would probably seal the deal for me sitting out this year.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 24, 2015, 10:41 AM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 23, 2015, 08:15 PM

oh no. I hope not. Dave Matthews and Kings of Leon would probably seal the deal for me sitting out this year.

Haha yeah... Don't worry though, it looks like it's some rapper. There's a picture of a crown with the king thing. Apparently the crown is from big k.r.i.t. Or something. I don't like what I heard of him on spotify, but at least he won't take a headlining spot!