Forecastle 2015

Started by EverythingChanges, Jan 12, 2015, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

yeah I would be willing to bet that a 3rd headliner would be a Hip Hop or EMD act
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 24, 2015, 12:29 PM
yeah I would be willing to bet that a 3rd headliner would be a Hip Hop or EMD act

I kind of hope not. I'm not big on either one of those genres and I already don't want to see DMB. 2013 for castle had Avetts, String, and Black Keys, so maybe not.

I'm hoping the third headliner is a big surprise for this festival season, regardless of whether I enjoy it or not.

I still feel like Strand of Oaks, Father John Misty, and/or Dr. Dog will show up.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

LBSUNFLWR

I think they should have Radiohead to make up for DMB!
Radiohead and MMJ 2 nights back to back!!  :cheesy:

EverythingChanges

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 24, 2015, 05:28 PM
I think they should have Radiohead to make up for DMB!
Radiohead and MMJ 2 nights back to back!!  :cheesy:

I'd love that. And Radiohead can be sort of electronica right?!

I just have a feeling the third headliner will be a huge get. Hope I'm right.

Here's the list of what we can expect come Tuesday:

Portugal. The Man
MMJ
The Word
DMB
First Aid Kit
Cold War Kids
Shovels and Rope
Gaslight Anthem
Big K.R.I.T.

I think that's all of them so far. I'm only excited about MMJ, and Portugal. Maybe First Aid Kit will grow on me. Cold War Kids seem alright. The Word is an instrumental southern church gosspel super rock jam group. Robert Randolph is pretty cool, but I'm not into their style of instrumental, I don't feel like their songs have enough weight without words unlike some other instrumental bands that do. The rest I will probably avoid. I still have high hopes for Tuesday. It'll be weird if I only end up going one day.

e_wind

I don't know that the word is definitey a correct guess. I think the avette bros could be that clue also. I hope not, but it could be. Brothers in the band, men from many places makes sense, pedal steel...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

oistheone

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but it would not shock me to see Joan Jett on the lineup. She's touring all year with the Who, except for a mysterious gap in July and August -- prime festival season! Would love to her rock the waterfront!!

EverythingChanges

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 24, 2015, 08:31 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but it would not shock me to see Joan Jett on the lineup. She's touring all year with the Who, except for a mysterious gap in July and August -- prime festival season! Would love to her rock the waterfront!!

I'm not sure how I would feel about that yet. It would be cool I suppose. I'd rather see Springsteen as a legacy act or Neil. Rush would be awesome (but not something id ever expect forecastle to book).

oistheone

Unfortunately, I'd put the chances of Neil playing Forecastle this year at zero and the odds of Springsteen not much better. I'm not talking a headliner legacy act, I'm talking a 2014 Dwight Yoakam type legacy act.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: oistheone on Jan 24, 2015, 11:12 PM
Unfortunately, I'd put the chances of Neil playing Forecastle this year at zero and the odds of Springsteen not much better. I'm not talking a headliner legacy act, I'm talking a 2014 Dwight Yoakam type legacy act.

I know neither one would headline this year. Joan isn't headlining status? That's good at least. I have no idea who will headline this year beyond Dave and MMJ.

ericm

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 24, 2015, 10:29 PM
Quote from: oistheone on Jan 24, 2015, 08:31 PM

I'm not sure how I would feel about that yet. It would be cool I suppose. I'd rather see Springsteen as a legacy act or Neil. Rush would be awesome (but not something id ever expect forecastle to book).

There is zero word on any Springsteen tour plans for 2015. I would love to see him at Forecastle but I just read an article today featuring Nils Lofgren, and he hasn't been told anything about a tour, and has no idea of Bruce's plans.

If Bruce does decide to tour, I'd say he'd follow the itinerary of past summer tours, and be playing Stadiums in Europe most of the Summer, and hitting the States by around August if we're lucky. JMHO.

"Where's Jim going?"

iLikeBeer

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 24, 2015, 07:06 PM
I don't know that the word is definitey a correct guess. I think the avette bros could be that clue also. I hope not, but it could be. Brothers in the band, men from many places makes sense, pedal steel...

Could it be Prez Hall? 

EverythingChanges

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Jan 25, 2015, 10:06 AM
Quote from: e_wind on Jan 24, 2015, 07:06 PM

Could it be Prez Hall?

I thinks it's definitely the word. They even have a song called keep your lamp trimmed and burning. It's a super group. Three of them are brothers, Robert Randolph brings the pedal steal, and the other guy brings the keys.

LBSUNFLWR

any chance to see Luther Dickinson would be fine by me!!!

EverythingChanges

Add another artist to the bill that I don't care for: RL Grimes. I'm starting to worry about the lineup drop on Tuesday. Maybe they are just revealing the stuff I don't care for and saving the goodies for Tuesday! I really want to make this a three day vacation, so let's make it happen Forecastle!

LBSUNFLWR

They have to be saving the good stuff! otherwise there'd be no excitement for tomorrow!
Trying to stay positive too!

rmpotsy

everyone will be happy to hear that i have it on very good authority that there will be no...

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND

youre all very welcome
out go the lights it begins

LBSUNFLWR

That would make me very happy!  :thumbsup:

rmpotsy

Consider yourself happy
out go the lights it begins

oistheone

Would not shock me at all to see the Strokes on this lineup.

timescaper

Quote from: rmpotsy on Jan 26, 2015, 10:45 AM
Consider yourself happy

hmm now i'm really thrown - the AC Ent tweet indicated that the entire lineup wouldn't be released tomorrow I think it said "most"