What happened to the Roll Call 2014 thread?

Started by buymycar, Jan 27, 2015, 03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buymycar

searchinbig

Was wondering that myself but thought I might be crazy.  :huh:

I kept checking to see if anyone got their 7" vinyl.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

johnnYYac

I was just coming here (to the Roll Call 2014 thread) to get some info for a forum member.  Weird...  :undecided:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

itrainmonkeys

I ended up signing up for the limited roll call membership because that's all that was left. Hoping that Roll Call goes more smoothly in the future. MMJ deserves a quality fan service.

walterfredo

My 7-inch arrived today! Listening now  :thumbsup:

In case the track listing wasn't already known (haven't been following)

Side A: I Want To For Sing You (previously unreleased), Sayonara (The Japanese Farewell Song

Side B: Steam Engine (Acoustic 03)

touchingmept2

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 28, 2015, 11:44 PM

Side A: I Want To Sing For You (previously unreleased), Sayonara (The Japanese Farewell Song

Are the first two songs you've mentioned new?
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

walterfredo

New to me. Pretty sure they're both new/unreleased songs.

Santo

Are these covers? Joni Harms did "I want to sing for you" and Sam Cooke wrote performed "Japanese Farewell Song."

walterfredo

Oops, first song is actually called 'I Want To For Sing You', fixed my original post.  And yes, Sayonara is the Sam Cooke song.

buymycar

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 28, 2015, 11:44 PM

Side A: I Want To For Sing You (previously unreleased), Sayonara (The Japanese Farewell Song

You're the first on the forums to report that you've received the single. Congratulations! Sounds like you might also be the first to hear the first song from the new album? Wild.

searchinbig

If Sayonara is live it's probably from the Triple J broadcast 1-29-09? That's the only version I know of. What a great song. I think it's a Club Nisei Orchestra original?

How about Steam. Acoustic 03?? From where?? Oh man I hope mine arrives today.

How is the new song??
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

EverythingChanges

I want to for sing you is a new one right?

Acoustic steam?!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

parkervb

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 29, 2015, 09:06 AM
I want to for sing you is a new one right?

Acoustic steam?!

i did some internet searches this morning and could not find anything for I Want to Sing for You.  It could be something that they cut from Circuital.  I hope it's a new song though.

really looking fwd to getting mine for the Steam acoustic (from 2003?). 
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

For the record...the song is called "I Want To For Sing You" NOT " I  want To Sing For You". Very melodic almost lullaby-ish. And no mention or any info of where the acoustic steam is from. Good stuff! Glad I got it last night cuz heading out today for mexico! Adios amigos.

justbcuzido

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 29, 2015, 09:45 AM
For the record...the sing is called "I Want To For Sing You" NOT " I  want To Sing For You". Very melodic almost lullaby-ish. And no mention or any info of where the acoustic steam is from. Good stuff! Glad I got it last night cuz heading out today for mexico! Adios amigos.

Is it similar to I Will Sing You Songs? Would be interesting as they included that cool outro on last years Vinyl
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

justbcuzido

Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

walterfredo

Quote from: justbcuzido on Jan 29, 2015, 09:56 AM
Say Sayonara is beautiful (if they used this version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUS7GhW8Qds

Yes, this version. And no, I Want To For Sing You is nothing like I Will Sing You Songs.

parkervb

here's an acoustic Jim doing Steam Enginer for Rolling Stone; is it this one?

http://youtu.be/tSHM5FiOChY
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

Possibly. Not at my house now to compare. Sounds similar. Probably that recording.

timescaper

Yes it's that version from Rolling Stone